[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events SF Tiki Visit 2/2 - 2/4
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
SF Tiki Visit 2/2 - 2/4
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 5:58 pm   Permalink

Hallo all,

Smiley and Jab proposed a new thread about the Trader Vic's weekly shindig, and that we should go to Emeryville next as has been discussed, so, as I'd just posted the following in the two other seemingly relevant threads, I thought I'd better follow their advice and just start a fresh Vic's thread...whew.

Re: Emeryville Vic's, week of Jan. 29-Feb. 4

I called Emeryville and spoke to Roberto--he is SUCH a nice guy! He's there
for sure Wednesday through Saturday, and I believe Sunday's possible also.

So I thought Wednesday would probably be the best (i.e., quietest) night of the week for us to descend on him--?? He assured me he's happy to make anything, including older drinks, specials from London Vic's--just lay your requests on him!

Anybody up for next Wednesday at Vic's Emeryville then? I personally can't make this Wednesday as I have to go on a family trip unpleasantly early Thursday morning, and I suppose tomorrow's also rather short notice for most folks anyway...

We're talkin' Wednesday, February 1st.

Meow?

[ This Message was edited by: tikivixen 2006-01-24 17:59 ]

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine - edited to change thread name - 2006-02-02 15:17 ]

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 2:39 pm   Permalink

A friend & I will be headed to Trader Vic's Emeryville for the first time next Thursday night - I'm flying in from Wisconsin next Thurs AM for a longweekend. So if you all decide to gather later in the week, you can count 2 out-of-towners "in" for the first week.

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-25 5:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-24 17:58, tikivixen wrote:
Hallo all,

Re: Emeryville Vic's, week of Jan. 29-Feb. 4

I called Emeryville and spoke to Roberto--he is SUCH a nice guy! He's there
for sure Wednesday through Saturday, and I believe Sunday's possible also.

We're talkin' Wednesday, February 1st.

Meow?

[ This Message was edited by: tikivixen 2006-01-24 17:59 ]

OK, Humu, do you want to change the SF Vic's night to Wednesdays also? DO you want to alternate weeks with Emeryville. (Odd numbered Weds at Emeryville -like the 1st of Feb, Even #'s in SF) ?? Or would you rather keep a weekly SF Vics and We still could do "ODD" Wednesdays in Emeryville?!?

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 8:35 pm   Permalink

I like the alternating-weeks idea, but Wednesdays are a family night for us.

croe67, it'd be neat to meet up with you -- since you're our out-of-town visitor, what would your preference be (re: where, when) for a meet-up while you're in town?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2006-01-26 20:36 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 9:28 pm   Permalink

I really am going to join you guys for one of these gatherings one day...

In the mean time, you may or may not want to coordinate your February gathering with this:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=18142&forum=4&0

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-27 09:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-26 20:35, Humuhumu wrote:
I like the alternating-weeks idea, but Wednesdays are a family night for us.

A FAMILY night-but not an OHANA night, huh?!?! Now I know that YOU are a tiki POSEUR!!!!

Just kidding, how about alternate Thursdays then (after the Feb 1 Wednesday That Tikivixen planned) ?

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 11:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

Wednesdays are a family night for us.

Humu, is there something you're not telling us?
High Five Hanford!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 12:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Wednesdays are a family night for us.

What Humu means is on Wednesdays the two of us pop a big tub of popcorn and watch 8 or 9 episodes of Family Matters back to back. We prefer the golden-age Urkel episodes to the inferior pre-Urkel seasons, but we are completeists so we'll watch em all.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 3:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-27 12:51, hanford_lemoore wrote:
What Humu means is on Wednesdays the two of us pop a big tub of popcorn and watch 8 or 9 episodes of Family Matters back to back.

Is that what the young hipsters in Monolux are calling it now-a-days? Interesting...

[ This Message was edited by: Mai Tai 2006-01-27 15:36 ]

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 9:02 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu -
That would be Great!! Friday night is looking best for us - we're going to hit several of the Tiki spots over Friday & Saturday - Trader Vic's (both), of course, but also the Tonga Room, etc..... Where's a good spot for Friday night among the tiki establishments in town, as some are probably better than others on Friday..... We can be pretty flexible on time, too, as the friend I am traveling with has meetings in the AM, but we're open in the afternoon & evening.
Just let me know where you think would be a great spot to meet & we'll be there!
Anyone else up for a cocktail on Friday 2/3?

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-01-27 9:46 pm   Permalink

I'm thirsty...for Urkel!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 10:18 pm   Permalink

I'm so confused. There was one? If it's Tuesday, it's Palo Alto? Yet, on Wednesday, Emeryville, just not this week....next? Monday nights...football is over, right? Friday is 2/3 drink night. Are prices a third off then?

Is this going to be on the final? Is there any extra credit? Spelling counts, too?

Slow down, I went to public school. Man, this is just like sixth-grade, health class, all three years of it.

I'm thirsty...for Urkel!

Hmmm, if an "Urkel" is anything like a Puka Punch, make mine a double*!

What night is Martin working at Vic's?
midnite...has trouble applying himself, runs with scissors, plays well with himself.

ps *gratuitous punchline from my own set-up: A double Urkel? Why, that would be a....

KID DYNOMITE!

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 10:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-27 21:02, croe67 wrote:
Humuhumu -
That would be Great!! Friday night is looking best for us - we're going to hit several of the Tiki spots over Friday & Saturday - Trader Vic's (both), of course, but also the Tonga Room, etc..... Where's a good spot for Friday night among the tiki establishments in town, as some are probably better than others on Friday..... We can be pretty flexible on time, too, as the friend I am traveling with has meetings in the AM, but we're open in the afternoon & evening.
Just let me know where you think would be a great spot to meet & we'll be there!
Anyone else up for a cocktail on Friday 2/3?

I know it's a little short notice!
We just booked our flight/hotel today and will be in town that weekend too (for business)! Friday 2/3 evening would work for us too! We arrive in the afternoon but would love to meet up with any and all TC 'Ohana if you get together. We were already thinking about the TVs or Tonga Room too for a welcome to SFO cocktail (or two...ok maybe three but we have to work the next day!) Our Saturday eve is open too.

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 2:17 pm   Permalink

Croe and Pepe are both here Friday and Saturday evenings, Feb. 3rd and 4th.

So, how about the following:

Friday: Vic's San Francisco (and the Tonga Room)

Saturday: Emeryville Vic's (and the Conga Lounge)

Since we're talking busy weekend nights, it might be sensible to do the busier places (Conga and Tonga, lol) first, early while they're less crazy; and make group reservations for both Vics later on, to insure adequate seating.

We'd just need approx head counts in that case.

(We *could* do the East Bay Thursday, but that'd leave Pepe out, which would be a pity.)

Any takers? Midnite?

Bill and I would definitely be up for the East Bay leg, at least! So anyone wishing to carpool down from the North Bay area, PM me! We're in Vallejo.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 3:23 pm   Permalink

Any takers? Midnite?

Apparently, no one is listening to Martin about this whole "inviting midnite" thing. He warned ya.

SF Trader Vic's? F&@*%$ing Aay, Bubba! I gots me some new batteries for the ole pacemaker. This time I splurged for the Japanese version, those Latvian ones were none too reliable.

Give me the time to show, someone point me the right direction...I am SOthere.

2/3 drink specials, right?
midnite...dibs on seat right in front of Lars!

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation