FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » SF Tiki Visit 2/2 - 2/4
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
SF Tiki Visit 2/2 - 2/4
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 3:33 pm   Permalink

Good chance we can make it on Saturday to TV Emeryville and Conga Lounge. Name the starting point and time, and we will mark the calendar!

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 3:57 pm   Permalink

What time?

How 'bout this:

Friday night:

Meet at the Tonga Room and Hurricane Bar at 5pm for Happy Hour! (HH ends at 7)

"Tonga's Award Winning Happy Hour
Monday to Friday: 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

The Happy Hour includes an extensive buffet of Pacific Rim delicacies with items such as spare ribs, vegetable chow mein, pork buns, pot stickers, chicken drummettes, cheese, fresh fruits and crudit�s. The all-you-can-eat buffet is a 'steal' at only $7 per person with a one drink minimum. To complement this feast fit for kings and queens, the tropical restaurant and bar serves tantalizing cocktails at Happy Hour prices."

Stay until 7:30 or so

Proceed to Vic's SF by/around 7:30; reservation for large table in bar area is for 8:00 p.m.!

Stay till the cows come home

Saturday night:

Meet at the Conga Lounge at 5 pm, and stake out a comfy space

Stay until 6:30 or 7; those who wish to eat an excellent inexpensive dinner may do so! Menu's at
http://www.caferustica.com; also, bar appetizers at http://www.congalounge.com

Proceed to Vic's Emeryville by 7:30

And once again, stay until...mooo...

[ This Message was edited by: tikivixen 2006-02-02 21:08 ]

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 6:15 pm   Permalink

Works great for me - count me in for 2 people for both nights - can't wait!!!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 9:14 pm   Permalink

Sounds like fun! You can count two of us in for Fri. & Sat.. We might be a little late getting to the Tonga Room on Friday (around 6-6:30).
Thanks for organizing us Tikivixen!

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 10:18 pm   Permalink

Sounds like great fun! Looks like we'll be in town, so count us in, as well. We were at Emeryville Trader Vic's last Saturday night and it was packed -- about four bodies deep at the bar, getting a table at the bar or in the restaurant was a 1+ hour wait. Service at the bar was very quick, considering, but with our party of four we were squeezed in very tightly. I don't know if that's typical for a Saturday night. Perhaps we should get reservations?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 4:27 pm   Permalink

I'm a paranoid type and I LOVE getting reservations! I was wondering what sort of a head count we should be anticipating for both Fri. and Sat. Vic's, but I'd be happy to make optimistic estimates and give both places a call tonight or tomorrow...

Can't wait!

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 7:07 pm   Permalink

Count 2 heads here for Trader Vic's Emeryville on Saturday night! We will meet up at the Conga Lounge first and head over with the rest of the crowd.

See you Saturday!

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 8:25 pm   Permalink

Count us in for 2 - Saturday. I work Fridays... Drat !!

[ This Message was edited by: Conga Mike 2006-02-01 20:28 ]

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-02 10:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-01 16:27, tikivixen wrote:

I'm a paranoid type and I LOVE getting reservations! I was wondering what sort of a head count we should be anticipating for both Fri. and Sat. Vic's, but I'd be happy to make optimistic estimates and give both places a call tonight or tomorrow...

You better call them ASAP. I stopped in for a quick drink last night and Roberto the bartender said they have been packed on Fridays and Saturdays lately. They were really busy last night as well. He said on weekend nights they use the bar seating for dinner guests, so if people want to just stop in for drinks they're often out of luck.

I won't be able to make this Saturday's gathering because I have other plans, but I will be able to attend the bi-weekly Thursday gathering (see
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=18235&forum=4&2).

I wish the moderators would change this confusing thread's title - it started out as a discussion on a weekly gathering but has become something else.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-02-02 11:08 am   Permalink

I agree- and I'm a moderator! I frankly don't get it anymore, so I don't know what to do!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 11:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-27 22:18, midnite_tiki wrote:
I'm so confused. .

dyn-O-mite midnite is ahead of the confusion curve, as usual.

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 11:36 am   Permalink

This thread was mostly a discussion about planning weekly alternating visits to Trader Vic's . Lots of helpful input was given and it seems most are happy with the "Even" Emeryville Thursdays concept. I propose this thread name changed to SF Tiki Visit 2/2-2/4 in honor of our out of town visiters Croe67 and Pepe Le TIki. And maybe lock it after this weekend.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 2:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-31 15:57, tikivixen wrote:

Saturday night:

Meet at the Conga Lounge at 5 pm, and stake out a comfy space

Stay until 6:30 or 7; those who wish to eat an excellent inexpensive dinner may do so! Menu's at http://www.caferustica.com; also, bar appetizers at http://www.congalounge.com

Former SF Vics manager and mixologist extroadinaire, Jim Shumake, will be there shaking things up. Jim begins his tour of duty tonight for a month or two, until he sails off to the Forbidden Island in April.
Come on by the Conga for a kick-ass Mai Tai and say hi to Jim, Mike and Mano

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 9:28 pm   Permalink

Mr. Smiley's paying attention!

Oof, okay, the thread did kinda morph...but in a good-natured way...mucho mahalos to our equally good-natured moderators!

I've made a reservation for SF Vic's Friday; they felt they could accommodate a large party more easily at 8:00 pm, and since Pepe's party was running late anyway, I went ahead and booked in the bar area for 8:00 pm. Those who get there earlier will of course be happily diving on any free bar seats and, I'm sure, leaving Lars lovely tippage.

We're finalizing Saturday at Emeryville Vic's tomorrow with maitre d' Claudette. Sounds like everything will be okay.

(I can't wait to sample Jim's libations at the Conga Lounge on Saturday! What a treat: a glimpse of things to come at Forbidden Island! YUM.)

One last note: anyone who actually wants to go and do a separate sit-down dinner at either Vic's should phone for their own personal reservation! We're just reserving group tables in the bar. Vic's bar food IS terrific. The hamburgers rock .

FYI:

Vic's Emeryville: 510-653-3400
Vic's SF: 415-775-6300

Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 08:40 am   Permalink

Both nights sound great! We're really looking forward to meeting everyone!!! I know they're busy nights but I'm sure that won't hinder the fun especially if Mai Tais are involved. See ya tonight!

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation