[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki T-Shirts
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
T-Shirts
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 6:11 pm   Permalink

Hello all,

I am working on a T-Shirt right now with the Monkeyman logo on it and wanted to get a feel for preferences of T-Shirt wearers here on TC.

I am swaying back and forth between

A-a shirt with a nice multi color logo on the Back only.
B-a shirt with fewer colors in the back logo and a one color pocket logo on the front
C-Just put the big logo on the front and skip the back entirely.

I guess my question is, is the purpose of the logo on the shirt to show others (in which case the back is fine) or is it so that you can see it too (in which case the front is preferred)?

Thanks for any replies this might get.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 6:17 pm   Permalink

Let me be the first to weigh in...

I prefer my t-shirts with the big logo on the back and a small one on the chest. Just like the Crazy Shirts shirts.

P.S. Let me the first to order a XXL since there never seems to be that many XXL.

The Pugster

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 6:22 pm   Permalink

Centered on the front. Unless it's the name of a plumbing company and needs to be readable on someone who's face-down under your sink, I think a logo always looks better centered on the front. Front is especially good for logos that aren't just text (like a company name) surrounded by a box.

edit:

I'm surprised that with all the automated tshirt service on the net that people still have shirts printed up in batches to sell. Makes sense for events that people attend and want to buy a shirt at, but the online places are great for everything else. There's a site called spreadshirt.com that lets you upload your own artwork and even select placement, collar and cuff colors and shirt style and it doesn't cost the creator of the logo a thing. Just fyi.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-bot 2006-01-25 18:28 ]

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 6:27 pm   Permalink

I prefer front

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 6:38 pm   Permalink

I prefer the bottom. Wait, what was the question?

Just kidding. I like a good front print too, as long as the logo isn't real thick so that the ink feels like armor plating.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 6:41 pm   Permalink

I prefer the back with just a little "pocket" design on the front. My chest gets stared at enough without having some cool design that people want to read

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 6:43 pm   Permalink

Don't forget the sleeves. I've always thought designs on the left sleeve are really neat.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 7:12 pm   Permalink

Speakin' of sleeves, I prefer a long sleeve shirt with a logo on the back and a large logo down the left sleeve (so peeps 'll see it when you hang your elbow out the window of your ride whilst cruizin' the blvd). Yeah. Give that some thought MM & get back to me.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 7:12 pm   Permalink

On a t-shirt, I prefer a large logo on the back and a small logo on the front on the pocket or in the general pocket vicinity if an actual pocket doesn't exist.

Monkeys in general freak me out, but I've added the Monkeyman logo to my list of exceptions which also includes Julius and Darwin.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 7:56 pm   Permalink

Either
A - Just a big logo on the front (this option is nice and simple, probably cutdown on printing costs)
B - Small logo on the fron, big logo on the back (more expensive, but more fancy looking)

Im not gonna buy one anyways cause I got shirts coming out the wazoo!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 8:16 pm   Permalink

I'll go with choice "C" I like logos on the front because I like to sport a cool Jacket sometimes and that way you can still see the shirt I have on underneath. Whatever way you choose I will still get one from you anyway. But if I have something over it I can't advertise. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 8:42 pm   Permalink

For what it's worth, as a seller of t-shirts, the shirts with the image centered on the front always sell faster than a front logo with back image. My customers seem to want an image on the front rather than a logo on the front. I've heard people say (while looking at the shirts) they don't want to be a mobile billboard for some label or company they aren't familiar with... I've pretty much phased out the front logo tees as people don't buy them.

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 9:02 pm   Permalink

No one has done it in the Arm Pits yet.

Might be a huge sucsess.

Remember the pet rock??

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 9:41 pm   Permalink

Actually we just did a run like these on good ol' Bam-Boo shirts . ( 70% Bamb Boo, 30% cotton)

So, if you do your screen design in the middle/front and big/back this is what it will look like. With your logo, of course. Good luck on deciding what to do. The first run is always the hardest. But, they are only t- shirts. Are you giving them out for free? One of the Bar Trade Mags I get has 2 sided, 3 color print, white cotton tee-s, printed for 1.97 ea. min. order 1,000. Not bad!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 10:41 pm   Permalink

nice big front design, something on the back is always a bonus!

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation