[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving My Cannibal Headstone
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
My Cannibal Headstone
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 10:35 pm   Permalink

This is my carving "Cannibal Headstone" (picture taken at Kailua Beach).
See all of the little souls that have been ingested by the larger ones?
Cute Yeah ?

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 11:01 pm   Permalink

Really cool! I can picture a bunch of those stuck into the ground at weird angles around a backyard tiki hut.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 11:24 pm   Permalink

wow! creepy cute. that's great. i don't think i've ever seen a tiki headstone like that. now i have a new option when i'm buried.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 06:30 am   Permalink

Definitely Cool and Out of the Ordinary, unusual and rare, Fascinating and Well done. I Love it. It looks Authentic something. How did you come up with the idea to do this, HT? Do you have any Progress pic's? Closeups? I would really like to see more detailed pic's.
Thanks for sharing...

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 06:36 am   Permalink

Very cool and very creative!

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 07:15 am   Permalink

This is the only in-progress photo I had and I can't seem to fix the size of it.
The whole Idea was insane. It was from a an M.C. Esher-like dream after some chinese food and chocolate gellato.
(By the way,when in Hawaii, make sure you stop by the Gellateria on Cedar street. It's what dreams are made of.) The carving was on very hard wood (don't know what) and I used everything from hand chisels, to power chisels, my grinder, and about 1000 dremel bits.
The guys at the Windward Community college woodshop told me I was nuts to start it. I was nuts to finish it.
Shane & Brandon at the outreach college are great instructors over there, by the way.

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 08:05 am   Permalink

How's this.
Look at the lines when you open my "Edit. See the series of Numbers towards the end that is a lot of Zero's? On your line there was a 00010102EYs..I changed the 101 to a 161 and got a larger pic. What you did was copy the propertys from the Thumbnail in shutterfly. Open the thumbnail to the larger picture and Then go to the propertys.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 08:40 am   Permalink

Original, beautiful and perfectly creepy. Awesome bro!
How tall is that ominous thing?

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 09:16 am   Permalink

Hey Brah!
Howzit cuz?! The cannibal headstone is amazing! Its what modern day Tiki carving is all about... Creativity, originality and respect to kahiko art! Keep up the pono work!
Cant wait to see more!

Malama Pono!

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 09:35 am   Permalink

I respectfully echo Benzart...that is fascinating and spooky and I really dig it. I love seeing unusual stuff like this!!!

tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 09:36 am   Permalink

Love the idea, the design of it looks old. You just thought that one up? So you made it and then sold it to someone in HAwaii? Its not just left in the sand on the beach, is it. Reminds me of the Matrix, zeros and ones. 010010010

Ben, cool trick I was always wondering how you did that, I thought that you got into the Shutterfly account or something.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
scarysnarles
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-26 10:34 am   Permalink

Wow! Ive been toying with the idea of making my own head stone for years . I've even several stones of granite and white marble. The tiki style's a new one to me. For inspiration I often go to sadighgallery.com for different cultures designs. They offer antiquities from all over the world and their styles. Check this site out. It's more than groovy!

View Profile of scarysnarles Send a personal message to scarysnarles  Email scarysnarles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 11:00 am   Permalink

Like that piece! Looks a lot like a Bismarck Archipeligo style piece from New Guinea.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 11:08 am   Permalink

Terrific new idea. I like the symbolism.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 2:54 pm   Permalink

Thank you Ben for blowing up the picture.
You guys are true masters and your comments mean alot to me.
Mahalo!
The buggah stands 5 feet tall, and quite frankly is hiding at the woodworking shop at Windward Community College. (I need to retrieve it before it disappears).

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation