FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki KAHIKI Columbus, ohio tiki bar restaurant. Bill Sapp, the catalog
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
KAHIKI Columbus, ohio tiki bar restaurant. Bill Sapp, the catalog
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-26 2:31 pm   Permalink

Tikiskip here tiki nutz.
I was thinking it would be nice to have a thread that showed tiki items from each restaurant. We have oooga mooga for the mugs, But need a place for the other stuff. Pictures, Napkins,lamps, ECT... Try not to dupilcate. Also give brief discriptions. Here goes.
The Kahiki Tiki bar,restaurant 3583 East Broad Street Columbus Ohio,43213 (614)237-5425 in Whitehall.
I am trying to update pictures in this thread.
Some of them I can't find.08/05/2008

New Sept 6 2012 here is a good timeline of Kahiki events, Will add to as new info arives.
Bottom of page, that's the links page.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=18136&forum=5&start=360

This is bill sapp.(age unknown) He and lee henry started the kahiki. They had the little grass shack before the kahiki.Grass Shack burned down on Bill Sapp's birthday June 14th 1958 or 1959.

This is an ealry photo of the beachcomber gift shop. See the starboard mug on the far right? And I think that is a lamp just below it.
And a book of receipts from the Beachcomber gift shop at the Kahiki.
Gift shop sign, last photo.

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - Added town to title - 2006-04-21 21:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-12-07 08:53 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 2:43 pm   Permalink

Maybe they could go with the specific locations in the tiki locations section?

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-26 4:08 pm   Permalink

Yes that would work too. But I would like to be able to search trader vic the catalog and see every item they had. Or kon tiki, And so on. Lots of photos. Then if you get an item, you would have a reference guide. Much like BOT or Tiki quest. Just the on line version. So who wants to start trader vic's?

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2012-12-12 12:52 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 4:22 pm   Permalink

Here are some swizzle sticks from the Kahiki.

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-26 4:57 pm   Permalink

Hey good post. Look at the photo below. all are different. and none are made by the mfg you posted. The lt green one is the last ones they made (ie newer) It has "cpl contl c. 45257 " on back. The dark green large one has." mi-ko usa " on back. The small one with thin face has. " mi-ko usa " on back. The other small pick has no mark on back.
(Update 2/23/2012 The swizzle on the far right is from The Top restaurant Bill and Lees other restaurant
at that time)

_________________________________________________________________________________
"Roses are red, these floats are blue, Send me some money and they belong to you"..."TIKISKIP"

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2012-12-12 20:06 ]

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-27 10:09 am   Permalink

Here is an old photo showing the backgammon bar in the background. Don't know when they took it out, But I never saw it. Does anyone know when they took down the backgammon bar?
And in the second photo you can see the same bar on the right.

Heres one of the kahikis cloth napkins. 18"x18" unfolded.

this is a card from the menu. I got this on the last night of the kahiki. 8/26/2000.
And a bill holder thingy. (Update 2/23/2012)

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2012-12-12 12:53 ]

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 11:08 am   Permalink

Not sure when they took the backgammon room out but the date that picture was taken was 1979. So it had to be in the 80's sometime. I don't remember it either and I have been here since 1983. Nice pics Tikiskip!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-28 08:31 am   Permalink

How ya giong to light that cigarette? Here's how. The kahiki matches and zippo style lighter by howard. This just in. There is one other style of Zippo by Dundee. The click top matches(left) I think are the coolest matches ever.
The matches are wood! Book on right has no markings inside, and I think they are the oldest. there is another box of matches that I don't have.

The box matches on right are the newest style of matches the kahiki used.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2012-12-12 12:49 ]

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 1:41 pm   Permalink

Hey Skip,

Do you happen to have a photo of Lee Joseph, Bill Sapp's business partner?

Thanks,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-28 2:57 pm   Permalink

No I don't. But I will work on getting one. The rumor is one of his family members invented the yellow pages. Ching! So when he inherited some money he no longer needed the kahiki. I think he is in colorado now.
_________________________________________________________________________________
"Roses are red, these floats are blue, Send me some money and they belong to you"..."TIKISKIP"

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2012-12-12 13:35 ]

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-29 09:02 am   Permalink

WOW! Thanks for the update. I always wondered what happened to Lee. If you happen to come accross a picture of him please let me know.

In the meantime, I will try to get some pictures on this thread as well.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-10 07:22 am   Permalink

Welcome to the kahiki, May I show you to your seat? these are just a few of the seats from the kahiki. The first one is a bar stool Chair #1. (I got 4 for $80.00)) The second one is a dinning room chair, At the auction they could not give the second chair away. they sold for two dollars each! One guy got 40 of these Chair#2. The next one is a dinning room chair as well Chair #3. (six for $70.00) I think there were at least one more style of chairs used at the kahiki.
The last chair #4 is from the home of Bob Karr, Bob was one of the first bartenders at the Kahiki.
When the Kahiki was built the Karrs bought the same furniture from the same place as the Kahiki did.
So when they sold it all in 2011 it was all in great condition!!!
You see these Peacock chairs all of the time, but who knows, was that a Kahiki chair?
This one was.
Chair #1 Bar Stool.

Chair #2 Dinning room chair

Chair #3 Dinning room chair the cool one.

Chair #4 woven Peacock or princess chair.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2012-12-12 12:49 ]

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-10 07:48 am   Permalink

This is the best I could do on the bill and lee picture. it came from a dispatch newspaper insert. They got it wrong in the paper bill sapp is on the left, and lee henry is on the right.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2012-12-13 09:08 ]

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 09:08 am   Permalink

Cool thread! Mahalo! OMG! Kahiki Zippo! Drool, drool....

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-10 09:16 am   Permalink

Heres Arthur godfrey with a lovely wahine. But wait.. why is her face blocked out? Rumor is they had a fling. So her face was blocked out by hand, by our own umeone. bill sapps daughter Linda Sapp. Mr. Sapp said that Arthur G asked if she could take a week off to come to California. They said yes. From that day on Mr. Godfrey talked on and on about how great the Kahiki was!
Some thought Mr. Godfrey was being paid by the Kahiki to do so.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2012-12-12 13:36 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation