FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki KAHIKI Columbus, ohio tiki bar restaurant. Bill Sapp, the catalog
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
KAHIKI Columbus, ohio tiki bar restaurant. Bill Sapp, the catalog
Ratzaroony
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-11 05:09 am   Permalink

A picture of the bottom has been added to the auction. It's just a piece of tape with Kahiki Columbus written on it. I suppose it could have been used, but I seriously doubt it...

View Profile of Ratzaroony Send a personal message to Ratzaroony  Email Ratzaroony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 07:59 am   Permalink

That is sooooooo fake!!!

Nice piece of masking tape though!!

I hope the bidder doesn't actually think its from the Kahiki.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 08:06 am   Permalink

I believe that is the base for the Treasure Craft table lighter. With out the lighter part though.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 10:16 am   Permalink

Yeah, it definitely looks like Treasure Crap!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SufferinSimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-17 11:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-10 09:39, tikiskip wrote:
This is a rendering of a huge billboard that used to advertise the kahiki. The eye of the girl would wink! Dose anyone have a picture of that billboard?

As a matter of fact, yes I do ...

View Profile of SufferinSimon Send a personal message to SufferinSimon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SufferinSimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-18 12:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-16 11:24, tikiskip wrote:
These next pictures are amazing. The first one shows the bar. I think it is the backgammon lounge. (look at the chairs, It is a sunken bar!) See the way you step up into the lounge. And I have never seen these chairs. Chisel slinger that is your lamp in this picture.(drum with wings)

Look to the right in this pic ... the outrigger bar had steps going up.

View Profile of SufferinSimon Send a personal message to SufferinSimon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 04:54 am   Permalink

Ha, I love this place, ask and you shall receive! Those billboard photos are priceless! By the way, the "American Restaurant" magazine cover on page 78 of TIKI MODERN was taken at the Beachcomber Bar, I believe.

Here's a challenge: Does anyone have a.) photos of the lounge that was upstairs, behind the giant moai fireplace, in front of Lee Henry's and Bill Sapp's offices, and b.) photos of the two owners amazing desks?

When I saw the upstairs lounge, it was sort of in disarray, but what impressed me most was the WALL carpeting with diamond shaped black and orange shag carpet tiles! The owner's desks had renderings of maps and other designs sealed under thick clear resin as desk covers.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 06:22 am   Permalink

I do not have photos of the upstairs lounge.
That is where some of the guests that did not want to be
bothered ate,
Like Larry Flint.
I did take video of that room/offices.
But the camera messed up as if the gods did not want any proof
of those rooms.
Can you see the girl on the billboard in the first shot
She is sitting on the K.
I don't know the whole story on that one.
How long she sat there, How the hell did they get her to do it? ECT.

They sold this desk at the auction $80.00 bucks.
but they must have not picked it up.
Because it was at the last sale.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BrickHorn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 11:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-26 15:19, snackbar wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-24 13:49, Ratzaroony wrote:
Here's another item I've seen on ooga-mooga, but I've never seen on ebay.

I was looking for a Kahiki Hoffman Moai Mug for about a year and bought one a few months ago on eBay for $71. In that year it came by once a month or so. They all go for about $70-$80.

They are out there in the wild. Picked one up this weekend at a vintage store. Had no idea what a steal it was until I got home and checked Ooga Mooga.

View Profile of BrickHorn Send a personal message to BrickHorn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 12:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-19 06:22, tikiskip wrote:
Can you see the girl on the billboard in the first shot
She is sitting on the K

Wow, NO! I didn't notice her before. How crazy...that gives you a good idea of the huge size of these billboards, now!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 3:26 pm   Permalink

I wondered about the girl by the K on the billboard - It may have been some type of weight system to open and close the eye? - JUST a guess.. anyone?

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 6:27 pm   Permalink

She was just checkin' ME out, my brotha, Sneaky! U know whats up~~ Balls.

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-24 11:23 am   Permalink

Thank you everyone for posting such wonderful pictures accompanied by historical facts. What a great collection you have Skip, threads like these really help to educate Tiki Nuevo's like me.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-11-24 11:26 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-02 8:48 pm   Permalink

The girl on the K looks like she is hanging from the sign builder's seat.
On that pic you can barely see ropes coming from above. On the second pic, no ropes. My guess, that was a Kahiki waitress posing for a promo shot of their brand new billboard.

tiki joe aka hi fi hijinx

View Profile of Tiki Joe Send a personal message to Tiki Joe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-06 05:32 am   Permalink

Thanks VampiressRN glad you like the pics.
Hey Joe, You may be right.
I will ask bill when I see him next.
That will be when Jeff does his story on Mr Sapp
for tiki mag.
I think that will be spring. (of 08?}
Right Jeff?
Here is some Kahiki in the snow.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation