FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » KAHIKI Columbus, ohio tiki bar restaurant. Bill Sapp, the catalog
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 )
KAHIKI Columbus, ohio tiki bar restaurant. Bill Sapp, the catalog
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-15 6:41 pm   Permalink

Well NorthEnder sent a PM to say he can't make it so if yer commin to see him
he won't be there.
Barb and I will be there as it's right close to home.
Sorry maybe next time... feel free to join us if you can, it's always a fun time.
Bruce Nutt say he may come, but then it's bruce so who knows.
If ya don't know Bruce, then ya don't know Crazy Mamas...

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-17 09:06 am   Permalink

John, you are getting your stories confused about Bernie with something else. Bernie didn't have an AC unit attached to his car, however, an employee named Jerry, who was a Chinese cook had a car that he installed some sort of heater in his car that actually had a vent pipe that was fabricated and vented out the top of his roof. It was too long ago to remember if it was a wood or some sort of fuel heater. Jerry also had a knack of walking on his hands and was quite talented in doing so.

[ This Message was edited by: umeone 2014-05-17 09:07 ]

View Profile of umeone Send a personal message to umeone  Email umeone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-17 10:41 am   Permalink

I may have.
There could be a book about each of the many interesting people at the Kahiki.
Come to Windward if you can tonight.
Thanks for adding...

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-02 12:16 pm   Permalink

Did get to see a few tiki folks at the Windward Bruce Nutt founder of Crazy Mamas and friend did make it.

Here is a tiki from the last auction of Kahiki stuff.
These tiki had a hollow center and a large hole at the top.
This is how I think those tiki were at one time with a float on the top.
We may never know but this is one of the tiki I wanted from the sale but never bid.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸TIKISKIP,Lights,ECT¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸

Lights for home and
commercial TIKI bars.

tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-04 06:00 am   Permalink

Here is a eBay listing for Kahiki plans very interesting, NOT MY SALE!
AND I do not know who is selling this as well.
But will be fun to see how this goes.
There has been a question asked if these are the original plans or repos.
No answer given as of this date.
Stay tuned....
____________________________________________________________________________________________

wrigh_owe (1 )

100% Positive feedback

5d 11h (Aug 09, 2014 17:07:16 PDT)

Starting bid:

US $1,000.00

Enter US $1,000.00 or more.

Description
Kahiki Supper Club - Complete Set of 1959 Building Plans Plus 1960s Rehab Plans

Shipping and payments

eBay item number:

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

Last updated on Aug 03, 2014 17:32:15 PDT View all revisions

Item specifics

Condition:
Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition

Here is a very rare complete set of construction plans from the popular Kahiki Supper Club Restaurant that operated in Columbus, Ohio between 1960 and 2000. The plans are full scale working construction drawings measuring approximately 24 x 36 inches. This set includes the complete set of 1959/1960 plans in addition to design plans for proposed changes to the building dating from 1963, 1965, and 1966. All are in immaculate condition. The 1959/1960 set includes: 1. Site Plans & Details 2. Floor Plans 3. Mezzanine Office Plans 4. Elevations 5. Longitudinal Sections 6. Cross Sections & Details 7. Cross Sections & Door Details 8. Entry Details 9. Fireplace Details 10. Stair Details The 1963 Plans include: 1. Exterior Entrance to Outrigger Bar 2. New Exterior Entrance to Outrigger Bar 3. Remodeling of East Dining Room 4. Remodeling of Basement Rooms The 1965 Plans Include: 1. Site Revisions and Asphalt Plan 2. Site Revisions of Landscape and Parking The 1966 Plans Include: 1. Proposed West Addition and Restoration Cleaning 2. Exterior Elevations of Proposed West Addition 3. Proposed Western Addition Part Two. With this set of building plans the Kahiki Supper Club could be reconstructed with exacting detail. Don't miss out on this rare opportunity to own a unique part of the "Primitiva Movement" associated with Mid 20th Century Architecture and Design. This set would be the ULTIMATE addition to your tiki collection as framed art or as a unique addition to your reference library. This is Americana at its best. The Set will be mailed in a standard shipping tube. Buyer responsible for shipping and insurance. Note: The photographs presented with this listing are not included with the building plans and are only used here for visual reference to the historic building and its unique landscape.

Questions and answers about this item
No questions or answers have been posted about this item.
Ask a question- opens in a new window or tab

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-04 07:35 am   Permalink

Yeah, for a grand, these better be originals. I love architectural blueprints of Tiki temples almost as much as architectural renderings but strangely enough, these leave me a little underwhelmed. I think that there has been so much great eye candy on the place already been published that these don't really add to it.

That said, these would be of great interest to any scholar of the "Primitiva movement" (!?), but I would need to see a lot more than 3 pages + 2 photos to even think about shelling out a grand for this offering. If these sell, I hope they will go to someone in the Tiki community who will share their content - like the good folks who are doing the Kahiki book (if it's not too late to include them)

Or use them such: "….With this set of building plans the Kahiki Supper Club could be reconstructed with exacting detail"

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2014-08-04 07:47 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-04 07:45 am   Permalink

Here are some low tech photos of the plans.
Just for history sake.

Wanted to also note that this photo is of the newer style door.
Not a big deal just another question mark in this sale could be nothing but
a photo they got off line.
Almost looks like a "hey get a new photo of the new door we just put in".
Always thought they had to change the old doors out because it looked very heavy and this
would after time take these doors off their hinges and with the usage these doors would have seen
more so.
But this is just my guess.

Also me putting these plans or this sale here is not me saying they are real or fake, original or
repos.
just saying here they are this is what they looked like.
Would love to see em as they are cool at any rate.

tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-04 08:32 am   Permalink

Did find this after seeing POLYNESIAN ENTERPRISES, INC on the plans....

Trademark Search > Trademark Category > > KAHIKI
KAHIKI
Search nearby Search nearby Get FREE email alerts Get Map, Directions, and Reviews Get map and directions Submit
KAHIKI
By: POLYNESIAN ENTERPRISES, INC. tweet it Tweet Logo Share on Facebook
Perfect for these industries
Words that describe this logo
gift items souvenir trinket type jewelry pottery novelties linens eating utensils china
This is a brand page for the KAHIKI trademark by POLYNESIAN ENTERPRISES, INC. in COLUMBUS, , . Write a review about a product or service associated with this KAHIKI trademark. Or, contact the owner POLYNESIAN ENTERPRISES, INC. of the KAHIKI trademark by filing a request to communicate with the Legal Correspondent for licensing, use, and/or questions related to the KAHIKI trademark.
On Wednesday, November 28, 1962, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for KAHIKI by POLYNESIAN ENTERPRISES, INC., COLUMBUS. The USPTO has given the KAHIKI trademark serial number of 72158095. The current federal status of this trademark filing is EXPIRED. The correspondent listed for KAHIKI is ? of *****, *****, ***** ***** . The KAHIKI trademark is filed in the category of . The description provided to the USPTO for KAHIKI is GIFT ITEMS OF THE SOUVENIR AND TRINKET TYPE, SUCH AS JEWELRY, POTTERY, NOVELTIES, LINENS, EATING UTENSILS, AND CHINA.
Word Mark: KAHIKI
Status/
Status Date:
EXPIRED
3/8/1985
Serial Number: 72158095
Filing Date: 11/28/1962
Registration Number: 0781513
Registration Date: 12/8/1964
Goods and Services: GIFT ITEMS OF THE SOUVENIR AND TRINKET TYPE, SUCH AS JEWELRY, POTTERY, NOVELTIES, LINENS, EATING UTENSILS, AND CHINA
Mark Description: NOT AVAILABLE
Type Of Mark: TradeMark
Published For Opposition Date: N/A
Last Applicant/Owner: POLYNESIAN ENTERPRISES, INC.
COLUMBUS
Why is this contact information displayed?
Mark Drawing Code: Typeset (Words/letter/Number)
Design Search: (NO DATA)
Register Type: Principal
Disclaimer: (NOT AVAILABLE)
Correspondent:
?
Classification Information
International Class Code(s): 014, 020, 021, 008
US Class Code(s): 050
Primary Class:
Class(es) Status: Expired
First Use Anywhere: 2/20/1961
First Use In Commerce: 2/20/1961

LegalForce is the largest search engine for U.S. trademarks. Each month hundreds of trademarks around the world are filed by licensed attorneys in the LegalForce network! You can register your trademark in 100+ countries in the world through LegalForce Network.

LegalForce Network can help you incorporate a business around your KAHIKI trademark in less than 5 minutes. LegalForce makes the process easy and convenient, so start now!

LegalForce.com is a free search engine of publicly available government records. LegalForce.com is not a law firm and does not represent owners & correspondents listed on this page.

Click here to see what people say about KAHIKI >>
Trademark Document Retrieval >>

TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-04 11:47 am   Permalink

Here are some better pics of the plans rather than photos of the screen:

http://imgur.com/a/6s92J

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2014-08-04 11:49 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-04 1:02 pm   Permalink

Thanks TikiTacky those are much better!

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-05 08:11 am   Permalink

Yeah, I'm not sure about those plans being original either. I know someone who DOES own an original copy of the blueprints and they are being donated to the Ohio Historical Society at some point.

Yes, there will be a few of these blueprints in the Kahiki book.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-05 08:31 am   Permalink

Cool, Jeff, way to go!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-05 5:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-05 08:11, Jeff Central wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure about those plans being original either. I know someone who DOES own an original copy of the blueprints and they are being donated to the Ohio Historical Society at some point.
Yes, there will be a few of these blueprints in the Kahiki book.
Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

These will be good to see in the book Jeff.
Do you have an idea when the book will come out?
I have heard of some Kahiki plans out there as well via the
windward.

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-06 11:57 am   Permalink

The book will be out in September!

I'll have plenty of copies to sell and will let you know when they arrive!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation