FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki KAHIKI Columbus, ohio tiki bar restaurant. Bill Sapp, the catalog
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
KAHIKI Columbus, ohio tiki bar restaurant. Bill Sapp, the catalog
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 2:06 pm   Permalink

Awesome pictures skip!!!!

Talking story with Eric Hoffman was a real thrill. Boy,I still wish he had the molds for those Kahiki mugs and bowls. What did he say happened to them?

Cheers,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 6:44 pm   Permalink

I think I just wet myself.

View Profile of Tiki Joe Send a personal message to Tiki Joe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-10 06:35 am   Permalink

Great pictures Skip - thanks for sharing with us all of your work. I'm glad I was able to see a close-up picture one of those 'firefish' - that is a great design

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-10 10:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-08 12:43, tikiskip wrote:This is a Hoffman pottery coconut mug.

I picked one of these up in Lubbock, TX. Just incase you wanted to know. Great thread there Skip!

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-11 04:06 am   Permalink

Yes Jeff that was fun.
As I remember it he said they were all in a garage and got wet.
(ie destroyed)I think I would have taken them anyway.
Thats why my house is full of crap.
And on the firefish I would like to make smaller copies and put them on my shed.
Nice score unkle john! Those are not mine they were Eric Hoffmans.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ratzaroony
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-04 05:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-19 18:32, kttykat wrote:
We have all of the items from the Kahiki that have been in our storage for a proposed new Kahiki. The present Kahiki Co. has ordered us to dispose of these items, which include the large Tiki God from the fireplace, the 2 smaller Tiki Gods which flanked the front door, the bar, the booth separators, the 7' diameter ships steering wheel, the metal sculpture from the top of the building, etc.

If anyone is interested in purchasing items, please contact us, as they will be available in about 2 weeks, when we finish sorting and have them ready for viewing, by appointment.

Kapac Co.
email: katz@kapac.com

Well this is sad

I didn't know they got rid of all the items from Kahiki... I guess I always hoped that some day they would reopen it

View Profile of Ratzaroony Send a personal message to Ratzaroony  Email Ratzaroony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 05:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-04 05:10, Ratzaroony wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-08-19 18:32, kttykat wrote:
We have all of the items from the Kahiki that have been in our storage for a proposed new Kahiki. The present Kahiki Co. has ordered us to dispose of these items, which include the large Tiki God from the fireplace, the 2 smaller Tiki Gods which flanked the front door, the bar, the booth separators, the 7' diameter ships steering wheel, the metal sculpture from the top of the building, etc.

If anyone is interested in purchasing items, please contact us, as they will be available in about 2 weeks, when we finish sorting and have them ready for viewing, by appointment.

Kapac Co.
email: katz@kapac.com

Well this is sad

I didn't know they got rid of all the items from Kahiki... I guess I always hoped that some day they would reopen it

The Torch for the Kahiki still burns !......the saving, shipping,buying,and restoration of these treasures and the history
of this palace from its creation to demise (and its importance in the history of poly/pop) is our mission ! ........

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-04 09:02 am   Permalink

I think they may have sold the egg roll factory as well.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ratzaroony
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-04 6:31 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I have very fond memories of the Kahiki, so this is all very sad to me.. I hope people can get a lot of the items and restore them.

Oh, anyone know what happened to the big fireplace tiki?

View Profile of Ratzaroony Send a personal message to Ratzaroony  Email Ratzaroony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 6:42 pm   Permalink

skip, did you let craig know about this?

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-05 05:27 am   Permalink

No, I just heard it myself.
Hey, Craig I think they sold the egg roll factory.

Ratzaroony
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-05 3:03 pm   Permalink

It could be because they just merged with some big corporation...
You can read the news story here
http://kahiki.com/investor/news.aspx#

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-05 4:17 pm   Permalink

"the rollover of certain shares owned by Alice, Tim and Jeff Tsao (all members of the family that founded Kahiki)",

NO WRONG!!! I can't let that go. The Tsaos did not build the Kahiki.
Mr. Tsao took it down.
Now the Kahiki, Or whatever it is makes mediocre frozen Chinese food
at best!

Mr. Bill Sapp and Mr. Lee Henry along with other craftsmen built/created
the Kahiki PERIOD.

Ratzaroony
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-05 4:55 pm   Permalink

I'm just mad because I guess I had hoped that somewhere down the line they would rebuild the Kahiki. Now it looks like that's never going to happen.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-06 06:00 am   Permalink

The fireplace is in Vermont.
Here is a cool clip on You tube of the Fireplace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28TTiyqh8aM&feature=fvsr
And I tried not to bash the tsaos.
But the new website makes it look like the Tsaos were the start and end
of the Kahiki.And then that statement.
A lot of heart and sole went into building the Kahiki.
Not to mention 1 million bucks!
And that was at a time when a million bucks, WAS a million bucks.
( Now a million bucks is about enough for some brats sweet 16 on MTV)
I don't think that the Kahiki was ever going to be rebuilt.
Yeah I know he had plans drawn up, And they stored all the stuff.
But I still think that it was just a ploy to sell egg rolls.
The people who started the Kahiki made an artful, unique, Restaurant.
Mr. Tsao made egg rolls and money.
Nothing worng with that. But I don't think the Tsaos would like the Kahiki founders
claming they founded the egg roll factoy.
And I konw the founders of the Kahiki would not like the Tsaos claiming they
founded the Kahiki.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2012-02-26 12:57 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation