FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Royal Hawaiian's Last Hoorah (Sat., Feb. 18, 2006)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
The Royal Hawaiian's Last Hoorah (Sat., Feb. 18, 2006)
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-02 4:37 pm   Permalink

Please see WooHoo's post on the first page....We have a full dining room now!!! 80+!!!...So if you are planning on going to the Royal Hawaiian on Feb. 18th and are not on the list, PLEASE call directly and make reservations soon! I spoke with the owners today and they will accommodate as many additional people as possible in the other dining areas. They are also going to open a dining area behind the bar for the "Overflow" of cocktail patrons!
This should be a fun evening for one and all!!! Lapu Lapus, King Kukulele, Hula Girls, BBQ Ribs, WikiWiki Steak, Young Chicken, Fish, The T.C. Community ALL AT THE ROYAL HAWAIIAN "LAST HURRAH" for 1 night!
Oh yeah....And a commemorative tiki mug for purchase at the event only.

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 6:10 pm   Permalink

Here I am!.....

I always enjoy a nice young chicken...

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-02 6:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-02 18:10, MEAN GENE wrote:
Here I am!.....

I always enjoy a nice young chicken...

WooHoo!!! The Lapu Lapu Police are going to keep their eyes on You Gene!!!

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-02-03 20:37 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-04 09:34 am   Permalink

WooHoo!! The following people are in for Lapu Lapu's on Feb.18th. Anyone not on this list is encouraged to make reservations directly with the Royal Hawaiian. We're having cocktail hour from 5-7 and dinner at 7pm, so make your dinner res. for 7pm. Everything is "No-Host" and the RH accepts cash and plastic. The tables will seat 4, 6 & 10 people. I've been told there will be one check per table.

Soccer Tiki
MT Kahuna
WooHoo Wahine
Mean Gene (No Lapu Lapu's )
Tiki Bird & Utopian Dream
Ali-ii
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Josh & Mrs. + 1
Big Tiki Dude + 4
Hakalugi + 4
Sperm Whale & Whale Rider
PiPhiRho
Monkeyman + 3
King Kukulele + 3
Eel + 1
Skipper Trent
Miss Sookie Sookie
Rascal
Cyntiki & Goatiki
Tikisooze +1
Sabu & Tikibelle
Bongo Fury + Mrs.
TikiTikiBoom + 1
Riptide
Tikisan
Tigerlily + 1
Krustiki
Tiki Bong
Dr.Z & Pandora
Banana Bobs & Tikidiva
Nicktiki and Mrs.
Baxdog + 2
Mach Tiki
Tikistu +1
Lava Pants + 3
Tikitatt & Mrs
Chris Nichols + 2
PloynesianPop +1
Johnnie & Lady Velour
Tikimania +1

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-02-13 17:08 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-05 8:02 pm   Permalink

Friday night (2/17) before the "Last Hurrah" at the Royal Hawaiian we will be having a TGIF at the Bamboo Bar at the Holiday Inn 1/2 mile south on PCH from the Royal Hawaiian. The place is pretty cool! They will be having a DJ playing dance music and there are two pool tables for all you sharks! The bar was decorated by none other than the Notorious Bamboo Ben!!!! It's worth a trip out to check out his handy-work!!! They have a great menu and the bar's fully stocked! There are rooms available still (contact WooHooWahine if you need to make a reservation) and they are not that expensive! We will be celebrating WooHooWahine's birthday (29 again!?!) that Friday, so if you can make it, great!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-06 08:47 am   Permalink

The Bamboo Bar is located at 696 South Pacific Coast Highway in Laguna Beach

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-06 10:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-05 20:02, SoccerTiki wrote:
Friday night (2/17) before the "Last Hurrah" at the Royal Hawaiian we will be having a TGIF at the Bamboo Bar at the Holiday Inn 1/2 mile south on PCH from the Royal Hawaiian.

What time?

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-06 11:03 am   Permalink

I Pass by there alot durring work also. I stopped at the Taco Hell across the street to feed my face and decided to take 5 minutes to
walk across the street to take a look. Kinda on the sparse side, but pretty nice. I don't know if I'd want to be there with Dance Music
playing though. Preferably Exotica/Hawiian/surf/garage Like DJ Lee
plays at the Lucky Tiki in the Valley.
Have a good B-day party, I'm gonna be down in San Diego that night
for a fundraiser surf show.
But I'm definetly in for the RH party the next night.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Quote:

Friday night (2/17) before the "Last Hurrah" at the Royal Hawaiian we will be having a TGIF at the Bamboo Bar at the Holiday Inn 1/2 mile south on PCH from the Royal Hawaiian. The place is pretty cool! They will be having a DJ playing dance music and there are two pool tables for all you sharks! The bar was decorated by none other than the Notorious Bamboo Ben!!!! It's worth a trip out to check out his handy-work!!! They have a great menu and the bar's fully stocked! There are rooms available still (contact WooHooWahine if you need to make a reservation) and they are not that expensive! We will be celebrating WooHooWahine's birthday (29 again!?!) that Friday, so if you can make it, great!

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-06 6:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-06 10:09, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Quote:

Friday night (2/17) before the "Last Hurrah" at the Royal Hawaiian we will be having a TGIF at the Bamboo Bar at the Holiday Inn 1/2 mile south on PCH from the Royal Hawaiian.

What time?

7pm til ????

BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-06 8:44 pm   Permalink

Damn...I don't think I can even remotely make it to the big event, but I think I may have to change my Valentines plans from Bahooka to here...I may have to bust out my fez for the evening anyways.

Why? First Movieland, now this.

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-07 11:06 am   Permalink

Work is taking us to Los Angeles this week, which means we won't be able to swing being in town next week. We're hoping to squeeze in a visit to the Royal Hawaiian while we're in town. We're disappointed we'll be missing all our friends -- I'm sure it's going to be a great party!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 01:25 am   Permalink

While we're on the " We're not going to make it" subject, I highly doubt it if Mrs. Boo and I can pull it off either. So sorry. Blame it on the U.S. Customs, and how they treat Bamboo. Long story. I'll be at the Kon Tiki in Tucson, re-vamping for their April 22nd Party of the Century!!.

I have some pics to show of tonight's Cruz with Doug Miller aka Club Mallard/ Kona Club, Crazy Al, my self, and ... of course the awesome Mrs. Bamboo. But, must go Nite Nite now. Will add pics in AM.

Arrrrr!!!

Royal Hawaiian wit da boys! Adios Muchachos! If dat be.

Bamboo Bar and Grill wit da boys! Vic, off to the left, is the proprietor. His fish tacos Rock!!!

Al. Being CRAZY!

Full on Fish Tacos!!!

Hope you all have a Fantastical Time on the 18th!!!!

Happy b-day Woooooo Hoooooooo!!! Tear it up at the Bamboo Bar and Grill.

Viva La Kon Tiki!!

Royal Hawaiian will be missed if they decide to level the lot.

[ This Message was edited by: revbambooben 2006-02-08 20:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2006-02-08 20:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2006-02-08 20:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2006-02-08 20:36 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 8:38 pm   Permalink

bimp! ( peter sellers!!)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 12:18 am   Permalink

I wish I could be there for the lapu lapus, but travel plans get in the way. I'll be sure to have a lapu lapu at the Royal Hawaiian hotel in Waikiki on the 18th... its as close as I can get to the hoity toity event!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 08:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-08 01:25, RevBambooBen wrote:

... that young blonde girl looks familiar... was she on a tv show...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation