FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Royal Hawaiian's Last Hoorah (Sat., Feb. 18, 2006)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
The Royal Hawaiian's Last Hoorah (Sat., Feb. 18, 2006)
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-10 1:13 pm   Permalink

WoooHooo! Countdown......... 8 More Days!!!! I can taste those Lapu Lapu's already

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-11 7:32 pm   Permalink

We made it to the Royal Hawaiian on Thursday night, and it was deserted -- we had the place to ourselves, and I was able to get lots of pictures. I've posted them in the Royal Hawaiian's Locating Tiki thread.

I chatted a bit with the waitstaff, and they confirmed that they still know nothing about the future of the place -- whether the new owner intends to bulldoze it, change it into another restaurant, or keep it going how it is. The latest tentative closing date is June 11 (the dates on the real estate deal keep getting pushed back), and they're taking reservations as late as June 11, with the future beyond that being a big question mark. That means there's a lot more time for folks to make it to the Royal Hawaiian before they close!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-12 08:53 am   Permalink

WooHooo! 7 more days. Rest Up!!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-13 12:49 pm   Permalink

Tiki Pop and his guests just had to cancel. We have 3 seats open. If you are not on the list and would like to attend please RSVP ASAP!!! First come first served ~ WooHoo

SoccerTiki

Posted: 2006-02-13 1:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-11 19:32, Humuhumu wrote:
We made it to the Royal Hawaiian on Thursday night, and it was deserted -- we had the place to ourselves, and I was able to get lots of pictures. I've posted them in the Royal Hawaiian's Locating Tiki thread.

I chatted a bit with the waitstaff, and they confirmed that they still know nothing about the future of the place -- whether the new owner intends to bulldoze it, change it into another restaurant, or keep it going how it is..........

Lots of great pictures Humuhumu!!!!!! You've gotta see the place to really appreciate it! The management said they will open the dining area behind the bar to accomodate the "additional" happy hour attendees!!! Should be a blast this Saturday night!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-13 3:14 pm   Permalink

There are now only 2 more seats left. RSVP ASAP if you want these seats!!!

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-13 5:07 pm   Permalink

All seats are full If you would still like to go to Th Royal Hawaiian call to make a reservation

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-13 5:12 pm   Permalink

Here is the Official Guest list for 2/18:

WooHoo!! The following people are in for Lapu Lapu's on Feb.18th. Anyone not on this list is encouraged to make reservations directly with the Royal Hawaiian. We're having cocktail hour from 5-7 and dinner at 7pm, so make your dinner res. for 7pm. Everything is "No-Host" and the RH accepts cash and plastic. The tables will seat 4, 6 & 10 people. I've been told there will be one check per table.

Soccer Tiki
MT Kahuna
WooHoo Wahine
Mean Gene (No Lapu Lapu's )
Tiki Bird & Utopian Dream
Ali-ii
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Josh & Mrs. + 1
Big Tiki Dude + 4
Hakalugi + 4
Sperm Whale & Whale Rider
PiPhiRho
Monkeyman + 3
King Kukulele + 3
Eel + 1
Skipper Trent
Miss Sookie Sookie
Rascal
Cyntiki & Goatiki
Tikisooze +1
Sabu & Tikibelle
Bongo Fury + Mrs.
TikiTikiBoom + 1
Riptide
Tikisan
Tigerlily + 1
Krustiki
Tiki Bong
Dr.Z & Pandora
Nicktiki and Mrs.
Baxdog + 2
Mach Tiki
Tikistu +1
Lava Pants + 3
Tikitatt & Mrs +2
Chris Nichols + 2
PolynesianPop +1
Johnnie & Lady Velour
Tikimania +1
Jonpaul

[ This Message was edited by: woohoowahine 2006-02-14 12:41 ]

bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 7:22 pm   Permalink

Things happen. A good friend's Mom passed away this morning and the funeral is Saturday afternoon, ending too late for the trek to Newport Beach. So Two seats just opened up. I would love to still get one of the mugs if possible...
What can ya say.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-13 7:43 pm   Permalink

Sorry you can't make it Bababobs . There are now 2 more seats open. If you want to go and weren't on the list RSVP ASAP!!!

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-02-13 21:48 ]

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 9:36 pm   Permalink

Did someone already tell me that the Royal Hawaiian is not open on Mondays????Ayyyyyyy.... I went all the way down there today and it was closed....But fortunately Sam's Seafood was open and the crab legs were just great.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-14 07:42 am   Permalink

WOOOOHOOOOO! 4 more days!!!!

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-15 07:48 am   Permalink

WOOOHOOOO! Tres mas dias!!

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-16 07:45 am   Permalink

WoooHoooo! 2 More Days! Have you dusted off your fezzes yet?

SoccerTiki

Posted: 2006-02-16 10:43 am   Permalink

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOOHOOWAHINE!!!!! TODAY YOU ARE WHAT? 29 AGAIN??????

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation