FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Royal Hawaiian's Last Hoorah (Sat., Feb. 18, 2006)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
The Royal Hawaiian's Last Hoorah (Sat., Feb. 18, 2006)
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-16 12:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2006-02-02 16:37, SoccerTiki wrote:
....And a commemorative tiki mug for purchase at the event only.

Is there any info on the mug, such as what it looks like and the price? Mahalo!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiSan 2006-02-17 10:53 ]

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ms tiki-madness

Posted: 2006-02-16 4:30 pm   Permalink

Are there still 2 reservations available? We'll take them.

Carol & Phil Falcon
tiki-madness

View Profile of ms tiki-madness Send a personal message to ms tiki-madness  Email ms tiki-madness Goto the website of ms tiki-madness     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-16 5:13 pm   Permalink

We've been eating at the RH almost every night since we heard it may close. I think I gained 5 pounds last week!
I made a reservation for me and the Mr at the restaurant, but forgot to include us here. She put us down in the TC group, but said the dining room was already full. I looked at the res sheet and told her not to worry, cuz it looks as if the entire place will be crawling w/ TCers. Just try to sit next to a non TCer that night. Aint gonna happen. Normal folk will be mighty disappointed if they think they can just stroll in and wait 30 minutes!
Can't wait!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-16 9:35 pm   Permalink

Rumor has it....The Limited Edition, Royal Hawaiian Last Hurrah Mugs have arrived. Keep your eyes open for more details ~ WooHoo

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-16 10:24 pm   Permalink

Ok....The mugs came in!!! They turned out great! The logo is very cool! We will have some available Friday night at the Bamboo Bar and the rest Saturday night at the Royal Hawaiian. They are $10 ea. If you are out of town PM me for information on how to purchase one.

For all you disney fans.....(and tikicentral)...look for the hidden "tc"

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-02-16 22:39 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 08:17 am   Permalink

I'm glad it's blue!! I have too many greenish mugs.
Wouldn't it be great if they didn't really close and this mug became a valuable piece of mistaken info? Like "Dewy Wins!" Of course, keeping the RH as is would be the BEST! I have been wearing my black RH T-shirt (not the white one) as I am in mourning. I'll probably wear it tomorrow night. With a black veil. Boo-hoo!!

[ This Message was edited by: Hau 'oli Tiki 2006-02-17 08:18 ]

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 08:40 am   Permalink

Regretfully, as of this morning, I will not be able to attend tomorrows festivities Please open up two spots for any other last minute attendees.

WooHoo, I sent you a pm.

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-17 09:00 am   Permalink

Here is the Official Guest list for 2/18:

WooHoo!! The following people are in for Lapu Lapu's on Feb.18th. Anyone not on this list is encouraged to make reservations directly with the Royal Hawaiian. We're having cocktail hour from 5-7 and dinner at 7pm, so make your dinner res. for 7pm. Everything is "No-Host" and the RH accepts cash and plastic. The tables will seat 4, 6 & 10 people. I've been told there will be one check per table.

Soccer Tiki
MT Kahuna
WooHoo Wahine
Mean Gene (No Lapu Lapu's )
Tiki Bird & Utopian Dream
Ali-ii
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Josh & Mrs. + 1
Big Tiki Dude + 4
Hakalugi + 4
Sperm Whale & Whale Rider
PiPhiRho
Monkeyman + 3
King Kukulele + 3
Eel + 1
Skipper Trent
Miss Sookie Sookie
Rascal
Cyntiki & Goatiki
Tikisooze +1
Sabu & Tikibelle
Bongo Fury + Mrs.
Riptide
Tikisan
Tigerlily + 1
Krustiki
Tiki Bong
Dr.Z & Pandora
Nicktiki and Mrs.
Baxdog + 2
Mach Tiki
Tikistu +1
Lava Pants + 3
Tikitatt & Mrs +2
Chris Nichols + 2
PolynesianPop +1
Johnnie & Lady Velour
Tikimania +1
Jonpaul

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-17 09:42 am   Permalink

Ok! The response is a bit overwhelming! I had NO IDEA so many people would respond in kind to the mugs!!! (Next time I'll let Tiki Farm (Holden) handle the mug thing!!! A few broke in delivery, but there are enough for the confirmed and some additional. Again, I am happy the way they turned out! If you are not attending the event (or going to be at the Bamboo Bar tonight) please pm me today if you would like a mug. Everyone should have one!
This is going to be a great weekend!
SoccerTiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-18 02:29 am   Permalink

I did attend on Valentines Day...the waitress said they would be closing in June, but could be later depending on escrow closing. I can't make it to your event, but have a good time you all, and drink one for me if you think about it.

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2006-02-18 2:20 pm   Permalink

Last minute update, two more seats are available.

Woohoo, my listing can be changed to Hakalugi +2

Thanks.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-18 2:54 pm   Permalink

Important.....The list a few posts above is FULL. Everyone is more than welcome to show up, but SoccerTiki tells me that we are @82 and there are only 80 seats reserved in the main dining room for us. The list was made yesterday, so there are no adds.....Sorry....By the way, the mugs look great!

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 12:44 am   Permalink

It was fun. Thanks

Monkeyman Jr. was our resident 2 headed dragon tamer. His charge was to keep the event safe from attack.

Here he explains the intracacies of 2 headed dragon mind control to King Kukulele

The Velours and MT Kahuna hanging'

We decided to break out the life sized cardboard cut out of Bong to simulate his attendance.

Sensing an appropriate moment to hold up a lighter, Sabu holds up the next best thing.

Al-ii was a wonderful co-MC. Nice introductions and eloquent words.

The king pays homage to the winter olympics with his own rendition of the alpine ski jump

KuKu does it up Elvis style- Must we go on together... with suspicious minds.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 11:58 am   Permalink

All I can say is WOW!!! Last night was so much FUN Everytime I get together with the TC Ohana I have a blast!!! Here are a buttload of photo's!!!!

Thanks Everybody for the great time!!!! I can't wait for Oasis!!!!!______________
EEEEeeeeeeAAAAaaaaaaOOOOooooooWWWWWwwwwWWWw

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale 2006-02-22 09:37 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-19 12:50 pm   Permalink

Great pics Monkeyman and Spermy!!!!! That sure was a lot of fun and it looked like everyone had a blast! Thanks to all for showing, partying and enjoying the R.H., the entertainment and each other! I know Marilyn and Junior will never forget the spirit of Aloha all the TC'ers gave them last night!!!!

Mucho Mahalos to all!!! (I still have a few mugs left if anyone's interested.)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation