FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Royal Hawaiian's Last Hoorah (Sat., Feb. 18, 2006)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
The Royal Hawaiian's Last Hoorah (Sat., Feb. 18, 2006)
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 8:35 pm   Permalink

Looks like a great time! I wish I had gone!

great picture of Tiki Bong and Laney!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2006-02-20 11:45 am   Permalink

Thanks again to King Kukulele...I just finished watching the video I took of the show. What an event!!! Even though my videoing skills suck, the King's professionlism shines brightly! I got everyone in attendance somewhere in the video (at least once!) I put it to DVD if anyone's interested. Still got a few mugs left too!

King Kukulele asked me to ask everyone that if you took pictures of the event and in particular the talent could you please email the pics to him. I would also like any pics of our Hula Girl and Junior and Marilyn so I can put something together for them. Mahalo, Thanks & Gracias!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 11:51 am   Permalink

I had a blast...
But when did the lights go out???
Last memories:
1) saying "hello"
2) 2 rum & cokes
3) blah blah blah
4) 3 rum & cokes
5) soup & salad
6) 3 rum & cokes
7) Cigs w/Mach & Spermy
2 rum & cokes
9) Dinner
10) 2 rum and cokes
11) hooten and an hollering
12) 2 rum & cokes
13) grabbing girls/ licking faces/ falling down
14)??rum&*^%^$coke^$^*%%*%$##^%
15) waking up with a "Got Ho's" baseball cap on
16) Good Times!!!!!

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-20 12:43 pm   Permalink

1 Lapu Lapu 2 Lapu Lapu's 3 Lapu Lapu's ..... Car!! Crazy Al ~ I was glad that someone could enjoy my dinner.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 12:16 pm   Permalink

Aloha TC Ohana!
Well, Im new here on TC (signed up in december) and Ive spent most of my time here on TC in the creating tiki threads...Funny thing is, The wife and I just happen to hit the Royal Hawaiian on saturday night for dinner. Well, with the wait being a bit longer than normal I knew something was up in the main dining room (birthday party or something...) So, we sat in the small room next to the bar to kaukau and could hear the music and such but it wasnt until we went to leave (after some ono kine grinds and a few lapu's!)that I realized it was a Tiki Central shindig...Some bruddah approached me at the front counter and offered to sell me a "last hurrah" mug...He tried to explain who he was and who all the people were enjoying the night but it was loud and crowded and I missed most of what he was saying...But! I did buy the mug and Im stoked I was at least there for a bit of the "last Hurrah"...Ive been going to the RH since my parents divorced and we came over from Hawaii (since I was a keiki) and Im so depressed and sad it might not last past june...Being a former Lagtown local makes it tough too...Laguna beach is changing dramatically and it seems the more BMW's, Lexus and mercedes that cruise PCH, the more the "old" laguna is dying...

Anyway, since saturday night Ive been keeping up on this thread and I wont miss the next bash thrown by the TC ohana fo'shua! Wish I could have met you all that night and joined in on the fun!

And Big Mahaloz to the bruddah who sold me the mug! The RH holds a special place in my heart and I feel lucky to be a part of that night (even if I was on the fringe!)

Malama Pono!!!

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 1:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-20 11:51, MTKahuna wrote:

7) Cigs w/Mach & Spermy

Don't you mean cigs FROM Mach with Spermy?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2006-02-21 2:15 pm   Permalink

Kaha Ki'i-Great story!!! I am responsible for pushin the mug on you...Hope it brings you many memories over the years!!! Look forward to seeing you at upcoming events!
Mahalo!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 6:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-21 13:01, purple jade wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-02-20 11:51, MTKahuna wrote:

7) Cigs w/Mach & Spermy

Don't you mean cigs FROM Mach with Spermy?

Oooopppssss.... I forgot to give recognition to my supplier.
Mach... Your more than just a smoking buddy... your also a friend. A friend with cigs.

Jade (stop instigating)

[ This Message was edited by: MTKahuna 2006-02-21 18:52 ]

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 08:21 am   Permalink

Fun with captions:

"Ma! He's touching me! He's touching me! Make him stop touching me!"

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 09:59 am   Permalink

Actually I was giving him the vulcan death grip.

It is useless to resist us....

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 7:16 pm   Permalink

Good times indeed!!!
I had 1 lapu lapu, and 2 Zombies( not perfect, but not bad), and My sister made me try a Capt Morgan and Ginger ale( weird, but ok).
Needless top say I was feelinf fine, and made sure I stayed all the way till the end, before I left to sober up a bit before driving.
Only downside I can think of was the waitress overcharging our table, and after my Sister and Mom questioned her, did she take off the extra 44 $ charge that she couldn't explain. Kinda weird, but all was settled in the end.

What was with all the hip hop music in the Bar, towards the end of the night.
That was just a bit annoying to say the least.

Other than that, it was quite a great night, hangin' with everybody, and watchin' King and Al, and others do the Entertainment. Best part was when they got the Lady( forgot her name/the sister) to come up and hula.

Till next time,
"Rapa Nui, man!!"
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2006-02-28 5:57 pm   Permalink

I won't let this thread fade away!!! Woohoowahine and I went back to the Royal Hawaiian last weekend and ran into other TCers that also attended the Last Hurrah. Jr and the bartender graciously welcomed us and told us the Last Hurrah event was the best thing ever at the Royal Hawaiian!!!! How cool! I hope they never close! Keep supporting them with your business they really like the T.C. crowd!!!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-28 8:25 pm   Permalink

should we plan another event, maybe a bit more low key and not quite 80 people?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 1:53 pm   Permalink

Come on over! We've been there every weekend since!! It's always a party when 2 or more TCers show!! We're even bringing non tiki folk (newbies, hopefully!) this Friday. Trying to brain wash em...Figured the Lapu Lapus oughta help!
See ya there!!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2006-03-17 07:11 am   Permalink

Happy St. Patty's Day!!! I wonder if the Royal Hawaiian will be addin' a touch o' the green to the Lapu Lapus this evenin'??? I'll call Marilyn and JR and suggest it!
(The green food coloring doesn't seem to change the flavor!!! But then I've only made one so far this morning! hiccup!)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation