FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Royal Hawaiian's Last Hoorah (Sat., Feb. 18, 2006)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
The Royal Hawaiian's Last Hoorah (Sat., Feb. 18, 2006)
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-17 6:48 pm   Permalink

Pea green in Pee green out...

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-30 11:59 am   Permalink

Royal Hawaiian....RIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very sad day.... Sunday afternoon WooHooWahine and I took Tiki Tina and Bamboo
Boyd to the Royal Hawaiian for lapus.......The dining room has been gutted and ALL the artifacts have been removed! They are still using the left side of the restaurant to seat diners and the bar is still open. The whole right side of the restaurant will be the new bar in a Yard House/BJ's Pizzeria style with a chef from Chili's fixin tacky bar food. When the new bar is complete they will tear out the old bar and make it the new bathrooms.........

Very sad walking through there..... Kinda like an open casket funeral......

I understand that Marilyn and Junior were able to take all the art/wall hangings/light fixtures/tikis/fountains, so at least they didn't meet the fate of a dumpster!!!

I am sooo glad we had a great party there! And it's all on video! Saved for posterity!

(sorry for the repeat from the other Royal Hawaiian thread!)

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-05 10:45 am   Permalink

Recognize this place?

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 11:10 am   Permalink

God damn it.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 11:20 am   Permalink

This is just sooo sad .

Soooooo, Soccer, where'd the tiki's go?

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-05 12:08 pm   Permalink

One i never made it to....
any good outside or inside photos of the old place?

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 12:21 pm   Permalink

Let's try to move this convo to the Royal Hawaiian thread in Locating Tiki, and leave this thread for discussion about the event that took place in February. Here's the link to the Locating Tiki thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=4913&forum=2

There are a bunch of photos there, mrsmiley.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 8:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Hey, the sign out front says 'The Royal Hawaiian, Open During Refurbish'.

Does this mean the RH is still open, albiet being turned into an Islands restaurant? Could the old lady be going through an update to make her more Neo-Tiki? Or is it really the end?

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-06 01:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-05 12:21, Humuhumu wrote:
Let's try to move this convo to the Royal Hawaiian thread in Locating Tiki, and leave this thread for discussion about the event that took place in February. Here's the link to the Locating Tiki thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=4913&forum=2

There are a bunch of photos there, mrsmiley.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-schleek

Posted: 2006-06-08 4:35 pm   Permalink

The Saturday night you were all @ Sams, well I was there talking to some guy who seemed like he was running the even. If you read this, I was the guy standing outside the Hidden Village room talking to you about tiki stuff.

Well, after I talked to you, my friend and I headed to Laguna Beach and dropped in at the Royal Hawaiian. As we were going in, there was a guy who worked there standing by the doorway. I mentioned that the place was closing as posted on this board. He told me it wasn't true and that they had half the place closed for remodeling and once that side was finished, they were going to close the other half and re-do it.

They are puting in a 22 foot bar. Seems like the RH may be around for a while.

I meant to post this a couple of weeks ago but I did not have the time.

View Profile of tiki-schleek Send a personal message to tiki-schleek      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-08 5:07 pm   Permalink

[quote]
[
They are puting in a 22 foot bar. Seems like the RH may be around for a while.

The RH will remain a Bar/Restaurant but the Name, Decor, and the Menu will change.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 5:20 pm   Permalink

I'm going to lock this topic for a bit so that other events that have not occured yet will get a bit more visibility in the Events forum*. If you have photos of the event you want to post PM me and I'll unlock this topic for you. There's a Royal Hawaiian topic if you want to discuss the place in general.

*This is based on feedback from users in-general wishing their events would get more visibility in the forums. Some events get more attention than others, but the discussion here isn't about the event anymore. Let's discuss it in the proper place. Thanks.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation