FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Trader Vics Tiki Party signing in Emeryville
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Trader Vics Tiki Party signing in Emeryville
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 9:27 pm   Permalink

Hi gang

Tara O'Leary from Trader Vic's asked me to post this...

...and if there are any reps from 10-Speed Press there, tell 'em to rethink their decision not to publish Big Stone Head!
LOL.

Have fun!

WHAT: Book Signing for Steve Siegelman author of Trader Vic's Tiki Party. Publisher, Ten Speed Press, Berkeley California

WHEN: Friday February 17, 2006 at 6pm.

WHERE: Trader Vic's Emeryville located at 9 Anchor Drive, between the Watergate Complex on Powell and the Emeryville Marina. Free valet parking. For more information call Trader Vic's Emeryville 510.653.3400.

WHO: Trader Vic's Emeryville, the legendary purveyor of Polynesian food, drinks and fun invite you to celebrate a new book titled Trader Vic's Tiki Party. It has over 100 best-loved tropical cocktails like the Samoan Fog Cutter, Potted Parrot and of course The Original Mai Tai created by Trader Vic himself 62 years ago. The book also includes 35 crowd pleasing pan-Asian pu-pu's like Crab Rangoon, Crispy Prawns and Bongo bongo Soup.

Note: Half price pu-pu's and drinks during the booking signing.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-01-26 11:07 pm   Permalink

I'm so out of the loop in just a week- Tara has to call JT in Chicago to announce an event in Emeryville.

They did the same thing recently at Palo Alto- of course, no one told me or anyone else until after it was over. Apparently it went very well, so I suggest everyone check it out. It's a pretty darn good book, if you don't have it already.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 11:19 pm   Permalink

You *are* out of the loop, martiki! I got the same press release yesterday, tikibars beat me to the punch in posting it. I didn't get word about the Palo Alto one, either... bah! Sounds like they're starting to get a bit more savvy about getting the word out to the tiki world, though. That reminds me of a funny story to post in the Palo Alto bar remodel thread...

At any rate, sounds like a fine excuse to pop into Emeryville. It's the night before the big Royal Hawaiian blowout down in Laguna Beach, sounds like it could be a packed weekend.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-06 10:34 pm   Permalink

Rumor has it that there will be special guests visiting from Hoity Toity-land for this! We have a babysitter, and we're planning on going, who else is in? We could even go to the Kona, since I've only been once and I had the little pineapple with me, and he was crying because everyone was making too much noise, he's such a baby!

So, who is going to this???
Pineapples are in!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-07 10:17 am   Permalink

I'll have to get a different shirt if the Fashion Police (aka The Jab) are gonna be there.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-07 11:02 am   Permalink

We'll be there!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-07 11:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-07 10:17, Tiki-bot wrote:
I'll have to get a different shirt if the Fashion Police (aka The Jab) are gonna be there.

The fashion police are in!

Yes, the Kona Club afterwards. That's the night Tej from Club Mallard is working there. He recently left Club Mallard so it's the only night he tends bar now. Kona Kona Kona!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-02-07 2:51 pm   Permalink

ZAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 02:55 am   Permalink

dang it! I have other plans that night -- "Koyaanisqatsi" on the big screen with Philip Glass doing live accompaniment. That's probably the ONE thing that can keep me away from Tiki.....

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 07:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-08 02:55, cynfulcynner wrote:

dang it! I have other plans that night -- "Koyaanisqatsi" on the big screen with Philip Glass doing live accompaniment. That's probably the ONE thing that can keep me away from Tiki.....

Wow! Where?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-14 9:34 pm   Permalink

So, we're still in... got an all night babysitter!

bump

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
grnbike

Posted: 2006-02-15 12:53 pm   Permalink

Where is the Kona Club?

View Profile of grnbike Send a personal message to grnbike  Email grnbike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-15 2:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-15 12:53, grnbike wrote:
Where is the Kona Club?

"Search" function is your friend:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/search.php?term=kona&submit=Search&srch=both&frm=all&usr=&srt=newest

Why does it seem that only about 12 people here have ever heard of the Kona Club?

mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-02-15 4:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-15 14:08, Tiki-bot wrote:

Why does it seem that only about 12 people here have ever heard of the Kona Club?

Lack of sign outside is a MAJOR problem in my opinion. Lets say all the Safeway grocery stores changed names to Good Deal Groceries, but they didn't change the signs. Someone says I love shopping at Good Deals, you say "where"?!?! Signage is very important. Can't figure out why is still says "Kings X"-maybe someone knows.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-02-15 4:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-08 02:55, cynfulcynner wrote:

I heard the soundtrack to "Kona-sqatsi" will be playing at the end of Piedmont Ave!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation