FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Totem Tiki from avacado tree trunk #6
Totem Tiki from avacado tree trunk #6
tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 02:22 am   Permalink

Still have the 3rd head to complete. Avacado is very cool to work with, sands smoother than basswood.

enjoy,

http://www.thomsart.com

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 06:18 am   Permalink

That's ery cool looking.

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 08:38 am   Permalink

Looks great . how tall is it ? and is the stump still in the ground ?

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 10:16 am   Permalink

Your tiki just pisses me off! I had an opportunity to acquire an avacado stump that was huge. The next day when I went to get it the garbage guys had already picked it up. Damn garbage collectors! When I see how good/great yours looks that feeling just came back. Great job. Keep on carvin.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 10:18 am   Permalink

Tfish, that is Really Cool. Very nice carving and the wood IS Beautiful. I used to carve it years ago and really enjoyed it. It carves easy, sands up great and finishes Beautifully.
What finish are you going to put on it?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 1:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Rodeo it is 4'6" and is not in the ground got it from my neighbor after hurricane Wilma along with 2 beautiful pieces of coconut, I have one pic of the coconut I'll post today. Ben using sanding sealer and gloss spar varnish.
Thanks again,

[ This Message was edited by: tfisherart 2006-01-27 13:49 ]

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 3:43 pm   Permalink

I like the different styles on the same carving. It must be nice carving some "exotic" (at least by Michigan standards) woods.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 9:25 pm   Permalink

Thom, that piece is really cool. Lots of work into it, must have taken lots of patience. Avocado just sounds nice... tasty even... I'd stain it with a little bit of a green tint just for that reason.

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 9:44 pm   Permalink

wow

guacotiki

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 06:56 am   Permalink

That wood is beautiful, and your tiki(s) are doing it justice.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation