FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Kon Tiki for Spring Time Fun In The AZ Sun April 22nd; Along with Smugglers Inn Recapture 21-23rd
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Kon Tiki for Spring Time Fun In The AZ Sun April 22nd; Along with Smugglers Inn Recapture 21-23rd
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 4:33 pm   Permalink

What an upgrade! When I saw the before picture, I thought, "that bar needs an overhang!" And BEn gave it one! You gotta be able to lean your elbows on the bar! And it looks fantastic too.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lovevw181
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-23 6:39 pm   Permalink

The new bar is impressive, keep up the good work!!!!

View Profile of lovevw181 Send a personal message to lovevw181  Email lovevw181     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-23 8:28 pm   Permalink

WoooHooooo! Another Masterpiece by The Notorious Bamboo Ben.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-23 9:57 pm   Permalink

KON TIKI HERE WE COME!!!! Ok, WooHooWahine and I have done some "research" for those interested in going to the Grand Re-Opening on April 22nd.....
The Smuggler's Inn is very close by and looks to be the best value for your money!
The rates are $59 per night or $70 for a suite!!! We arrrrrrrr going out there on Tuesday (4/18) thru Sunday (4/23). Check out the place!!! Cool Pool, bar, etc. Go to:
www.packyoursuitcase.joystar.com (or PM woohoowahine) and look at the place for yourselves! I think it's be a great place to hang out for a few days and get working on the tan (before Tiki Oasis!) You can also get a round trip airfare for between $149 and $185 (from LAX or LGB.) Anyway, I am just trying to make it easy and affordable for those who want to be there for the event!!! (At www.packyoursuitcase.joystar.com you can make both your room and air reservations!)
SoccerTiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-24 11:12 am   Permalink

Update: I just spoke with the manager of The Smugglers Inn. There are plenty of rooms available for the weekend of April 21-23. Also included with the room rate is a Full Cooked Breakfast Daily and a Cocktail Reception Every Night. If you are interested in staying at The Smugglers Inn please PM me for more information. ~ WooHooWahine

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 10:08 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2006-02-22 13:18, Tiki Bird wrote:

On 2006-02-16 11:02, Tiki Mo Fo wrote:
I talked to Louie and he hinted that it will be that weekend of 22nd Apr. Be watching for some info coming from the FARM...........

Utopiandreem & I will definitely be there!

TBird.

... it's on!
Holden

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather 2006-02-24 22:08 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 10:44 pm   Permalink

I stayed at Smuggler's Inn last year for the Kon Tiki experience. It has a wonderful tropical, midcentury feel. All rooms open onto, or have a balcony overlooking, a wonderful lanai. Not too far away, either.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-25 12:15 am   Permalink

I really enjoyed the Smuggler's Inn when I stayed there last year, too. As christiki mentioned, it has a midcentury feel in some spots, but more along the lines of "uncool" midcentury; it's not where your grandmother who had a closet full of cocktail dresses hung out, it's where your other grandma who wore sensible shoes stayed. That just made it more interesting and unusual to me.

Man, I'd love to spend another evening at the Kon-Tiki, but I don't want to risk being out of town when Forbidden Island hits. We'll aim to hook up with the very fun Tucson tiki set another time. Have a great time, guys, I'm sure it'll be lots of fun!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-25 12:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-24 22:44, christiki295 wrote:
I stayed at Smuggler's Inn last year for the Kon Tiki experience. It has a wonderful tropical, midcentury feel. All rooms open onto, or have a balcony overlooking, a wonderful lanai. Not too far away, either.

Wow! Between Christiki295 and Humuhumu's description I'm glad we chose the Smugglers Inn! Woohoowahine (Karen) has spoke to the management and we can get a group of rooms. PM her and she'll be more than happy to book them for everyone! Suites for $70!!!

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-02-25 12:11 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-25 3:44 pm   Permalink

right on!

two weekends in a row.

viva las vegas
kon tiki

what a great excuse to visit my dad in tuscon.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Netty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-26 2:48 pm   Permalink

Wow, this sounds like fun. Just the warm up we need to prepare for Tiki Oasis! I am going to try to get this booked this week. We live in Las Vegas, so we can just drive on over.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

View Profile of Netty Send a personal message to Netty  Email Netty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-28 12:39 pm   Permalink

I have a Block of Rooms Reserved at The Smugglers Inn for the weekend of April 21-23 for all TC'ers who will be going out to Tuscon to attend The Kon Tiki Party . If you are interested PM me for more details.

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-28 5:52 pm   Permalink

Bamboo Ben or Holden....will there be Tiki Farm mugs for sale at the Kon Tiki when we get there April 18th-23rd??? Don't forget to PM Woohoowahine if you want to stay at the Smugglers Inn....Well, you can stay there without pming her, but she has talked to the management and they have put aside some rooms for us..They asked her to contact them directly to make the reservations....Maybe a little discount, I don't know, but its always good to flip a little business to the TC ohana, right?

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-01 09:53 am   Permalink

[

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-03-27 13:53 ]

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-02 07:44 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-03-27 16:36 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation