FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Kon Tiki for Spring Time Fun In The AZ Sun April 22nd; Along with Smugglers Inn Recapture 21-23rd
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Kon Tiki for Spring Time Fun In The AZ Sun April 22nd; Along with Smugglers Inn Recapture 21-23rd
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-15 5:35 pm   Permalink

Going by tonight to see some new shirt designs.

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-16 7:16 pm   Permalink

DON'T FORGET: Deadline to Book a Room at The Smugglers Inn at the TC Special Rate is March 30th. PM if you haven't reserved your room yet

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-17 09:25 am   Permalink

*********BREAKING NEWS!!!!***************
This from the Kon Tiki in Tucson:

"aloha woohoo
my name is louie and i am from the kon tiki rest. & lounge. first of all let me start off by thanking you for rounding up all the TCers for the party. i know that with all of you coming out here, this is going to be a great event. i was wondering if you thought it would be a good idea if, that with every person that confirms a resv. at the smugglers inn we will give them a guarantee voucher on the limited edition mug. there is ONLY going to be 250 made and this will guarantee the people that are making the trip out here a mug."

**So PM Me with Your Reservation Request ASAP and we'll make sure you get a Voucher for a Mug!!!! WooooHoooooo! Remember March 30th is the Deadling to Book a Room at The Smugglers in at The TC Special Rate!!!

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-03-17 09:42 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-19 6:01 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-03-27 13:48 ]

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 05:19 am   Permalink

I'm not staying at The Smugglers Inn but I am coming all the way from TX. Any chance I can get a voucher?

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-20 07:41 am   Permalink

It looks like everyone who comes out will be able to get a mug....Woo Hoo! Can't wait to party in the AZ sun!!!

[ This Message was edited by: woohoowahine 2006-03-20 18:06 ]

cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 4:53 pm   Permalink

Fear not, Kenike!

We spoke to Louie, the manager of Kon Tiki, today. He wanted to make it clear that everyone who comes to the party on April 22 will be able to get one of the limited edition mugs.

To make sure nobody is disappointed he'd like to make a list of all the TC'ers who are planning on attending so he can make sure they can also get a mug. If you're staying at The Smugglers Inn you're already on WooHoo's list, but if you're staying elsewhere, or are just coming down for the day please drop Louie a quick email at

kontiki1@cox.net

It has also been confirmed that the Smokin' Menehunes will be on hand for entertainment!

On a technical note, the Kon Tiki web site uses a high-tech device known as a 'Pop-Up'. Many savvy surfers of the internet disable this function in their browsers and therefore won't get to experience all the goodness that the site has to offer, including a sneak-peek of the mythical Kon Tiki Scorpion bowl and Doug Horne's limited edition poster for the event. So just this once, enable those pop-ups and check it all out!

Mr. & Mrs. Cheeky Half

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 5:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:
We spoke to Louie, the manager of Kon Tiki, today. He wanted to make it clear that everyone who comes to the party on April 22 will be able to get one of the limited edition mugs.

Thanks for that info Cheeky Half. I called Kon Tiki today to see if I needed to make reservations. Louie himself got on the phone and said a mug voucher is no problem. Had a real nice chat...Louie RULES. Can't wait to see everybody on the 22nd!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rockajimbo

Posted: 2006-03-20 5:17 pm   Permalink

I guess I am a month too soon for the party - Mrs. Jimbo and I are headed to Tucson later this week.

The Kon Tiki is on the agenda along with spring training Baseball and the arts festival

Cant wait as it is a chilly first day of spring here in Philly!

Yum Yum Rum!

View Profile of rockajimbo Send a personal message to rockajimbo  Goto the website of rockajimbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 5:47 pm   Permalink

Hey rockajimbo,

Welcome to Tiki Central and the Old Pueblo! Drop a line, if you'd like to meet up at the Kon Tiki.

cheeky half

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 07:14 am   Permalink

(/quote)

"It has also been confirmed that the Smokin' Menehunes will be on hand for entertainment!"

[/quote]

Yep, we are going to be there, and I think everyone will really enjoy our new sound. We will be fronted by Palika, the ukelele master and expert singer. The sound will defintely be old-school hawaiian swing! We are going to tale you back to the golden age of Hawaiian music!

More information to come!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-21 07:30 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-03-27 13:49 ]

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 4:19 pm   Permalink

who wants to split room and gas costs from san diego? I might make it?

PM or email me.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 5:25 pm   Permalink

The Boo's will be there with Bells on!!! Ding Dong!!

Just got the go ahead from King Louie with another week of Bamboo Ben Kon Tiki Fixin'ism's for the prior week of the 22nd and will be ready to party harty !!!

Mrs. Boo is gonna fly out and join the party this time.

Can't wait to suck up one of those giant Love Potion # 9's ( aka Scorpian Bowl) with her back in the ethers of the dark P Room hut while the S&M's are crooing away. Should be a hoot!!!

Looking forward to this Re-Dedication Party, Kon Tiki Style!

I wonder who will end up in Thor's cage that night??

( Not sure if the patio will be done by then. Permits and new additions aren't that friendly down at the city hall.)

One month to go. Woo-Hooooo!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-22 10:42 am   Permalink

Below is the finished poster for the event. Size is 13"X19" Giclee on Velvet Fine Art Paper, edition of 100.

Can't wait for the party, I'll be the guy in the corner with a lamp shade on his head.

"Welcome to Paradise"

Detail

[ This Message was edited by: Swamp Fire 2006-03-22 10:43 ]

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation