FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Kon Tiki for Spring Time Fun In The AZ Sun April 22nd; Along with Smugglers Inn Recapture 21-23rd
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
Kon Tiki for Spring Time Fun In The AZ Sun April 22nd; Along with Smugglers Inn Recapture 21-23rd
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-01 2:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-30 12:32, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
haha, that last pic of the two big guys that looks like they were in bar-room brawl is awesome. They were out of town rugby players, fresh from a match.
I met them out in front of ther bar.
They looked kinda intimidating but they were both extremely cool!
Check out the shiner on number one & the goose egg on the second guys forehead...ouch!!!
I can only imagine what the other guys looked like.

You've obviously never played Rugby, if you're coming out of the game & you don't look like that your own team might beat you up!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 10:06 am   Permalink

Aloha y'all....

Just wanted to post a quick update on the return of Trader Vic's to Scottsdale.

Fact: The official opening date will be June 4th, 2006...a Sunday
Fact: There will be a big (private) wingding for the owners and their special guests on the 3rd
Fact: I will be meeting with the Trader Vic's folks tomorrow to gather more facts about a good time for us all to show up and will keep y'all posted

But here's what I am thinking....since the opening day is a Sunday, and it seems like a lot of folks would like to come out for this, and most of you have jobs, kids, pets, etc that you have to attend to during the week, then perhaps we shoot for the following weekend for our little 'ting...June 8-11th.

I spoke with the hotel and the would love to have us that weekend. They are working up killer rates, so sit tight and watch for more details, and whatever you do, PLEASE DO NOT call the hotel or book direct on their web site. I am working on group rates, which will be lower than what you can get through the net, but in order to do that, I need to play by the hotel's rules (ie provide a rooming list, etc).

I should have the agreement today and will post the rates later this evening. Although the Hotel Valley Ho will be the host hotel and will be where all of the action is, I am also looking into securing rates at two other hotels within walking distance in the event you spent all of your hard earned $$$$ at Oasis and would rather stay at a more price conscious location so you have more $$$ to spend at Trader Vic's..........so, that's all the news that's fit to print....more to follow.

Mahalo and have a lovely day, y'all!

tiki-tina

P.S. Since this event is not really affiliated with the Kon Tiki, I'll try to start another thread for the Scottsdale event, so please look for new info there....mahalo

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-tina 2006-05-02 10:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-tina 2006-05-02 10:18 ]

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-03 11:46 pm   Permalink

Thinking of talking to Louie of a weekly night..... Kinda like Tiki Ti on Wed, back in LA. Or Sunday at Lucky Tiki..... What do you think.....

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lovevw181
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-07 12:22 pm   Permalink

I was just wanting to know the status of the ltd. edition mugs for the rededication. Has anyone heard anything lately?

View Profile of lovevw181 Send a personal message to lovevw181  Email lovevw181     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-07 12:32 pm   Permalink

I gave Holden everyone's email address. He said when the mugs are ready he will email you Tiki Oasis was sooo much fun. We missed all of the AZ TCers.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-08 7:29 pm   Permalink

Bummed to have missed this...Kon Tiki is in the neighborhood where I was born, raised...and spent a lot of time until I moved away in '84. Goodness knows how many times I went to The Kon Tiki from the age of five unil after I moved away from Tucson. When I hit drinking age, I used to go there regularaly for happy hour. Late '70s yes!

The photos look great.

It makes a former Tucsonian proud!

www.dionysusrecords.com

Join me for "Over Under Sideways Down" on LuxuriaMusic.com Wednesdays, 3-5 PM Pacific

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 08:06 am   Permalink

Oh this annoys me so much... I hadn't been to Kon Tiki, or this site, for a few months, and I totally missed the re-dedication party. I found out about it the wednesday after it happened. What a dissapointment and failed opportunity to meet fellow tiki-philes

I'm totally bummed.

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-10 8:26 pm   Permalink

WoooHoooo! I just received my Kon Tiki Re-Dedication Party Limited Edition Mug(#46/250) in the mail today. Once again Holden & Tiki Farm did a incredible job of bringing Doug Horne's Mug to life

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation