FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Just for fun! A peek at da wife's artwork! Amazing new one added 3/17
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Just for fun! A peek at da wife's artwork! Amazing new one added 3/17
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 12:21 pm   Permalink

Aloha TC Ohana!
I thought you all would appreciate seeing some of my wife's artwork. Although she's not Hawaiian nor does she do Hawaiian Kine art very often, but she is an accomplished award winning illustrator (and the most beautiful wahine in the world!) so here for your viewing pleasure are a few of her "tiki" kine paintings!

Heres a nice watercolor called "Worshipping Wahine"

This next one is of the Goddess Pele (this painting hangs in the Makawao steakhouse, Makawao Maui, Hawaii)

Another "worshipping wahine" watercolor!

This next one is called "the Buta" and looks more indonesian but still "tiki" enough for me!

Heres a beautiful watercolor called "Dream of the Mermaid". I added this one just for fun! Again, this ones not real "tiki" but its one of my favorites and ten times more impressive in person!

You can also check out her other works (painting, photography and even carvings!) at:
http://www.ebsqart.com/Artists/cmd_634_profile_portfolio__1_1_T.htm
Some of these works are also available as prints if anyone is interested, just PM for info!

Mahalo for looking and Im sure she'd love to hear your comments and aloha!

[ This Message was edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-31 11:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-03-17 16:44 ]

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 12:35 pm   Permalink

Your wife's work is terrific. I enjoyed every piece. Thank you so much for sharing.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 12:59 pm   Permalink

Damn. Some of the best painted artwork I've seen on here in a long while. Illustrator? Forget that tag. I like her work very, very much. Absolutely the best (and only, how refreshing!) watercolors I've seen posted here. She can hold her own anywhere.

What with your carving and her painting, I just don't know. Tremendous.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 2:24 pm   Permalink

Now I can see where you get some of your insperation... or is it she that gets it from you ?
Very very cool stuff.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 2:48 pm   Permalink

I dig the fantasy style of your wife's paintings. BTW, you forgot "Polynesian Princess", which definitely deserves to join these paintings here on TC. "Picking Daisies" is really cool too, but in a freaky way. I wish my wife was an artist! Although, nothing would get done around here...

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 3:24 pm   Permalink

Wow Kaha, you must be SO Proud and by your description of your wife I see you Are and Rightfully so. Great to have a family of artists. I am totally speechless!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
StuTikiUK
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-28 3:30 pm   Permalink

Absolutley stunning paintings... beautiful.

View Profile of StuTikiUK Send a personal message to StuTikiUK  Goto the website of StuTikiUK     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 3:35 pm   Permalink

All nice work, but I really like the mermaid. And don't worry, mermaid = tiki any day.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 4:17 pm   Permalink

Mahalo everyone!
She doesnt actually know Ive posted these pictures! So when I get home Im gonna show her the thread and all your nice comments and aloha! She'll be stoked and I cant wait to show her! Im really amazed at her talent and very proud of her too! You know us artists can be tempermental and hard to deal with sometimes, but Im lucky to have found a wife who shares my loves & interests! (plus, she's a smokin hot wahine! smart & beautiful, a wonderful and sometimes deadly combo!)....

Mahalo again everyone, from BOTH of us!

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 5:58 pm   Permalink

Awesome work! I love "the buta" - the colors and mood of the piece are awesome. I love it. You guys make a formidable creative team!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 11:52 pm   Permalink

Arrrrrr-some!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-29 1:10 pm   Permalink

Wow, your wife is a great artist!

[ This Message was edited by: Bete 2006-01-29 13:11 ]

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-29 1:38 pm   Permalink

Nice stuff, watercolor is a tough medium to work in.

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-29 1:44 pm   Permalink

nice stuff. Wish mine would bring women like that into my life...har har har

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-29 3:43 pm   Permalink

Lord, Man, you two are an artistic powerhouse..Her work is top knotch. I used to have a book as a kid called "Faeries" , with beautiful watercolor work that I still love to this day. It was similar to the famous Tom Clark "Gnomes" book. Was she a self-taught artist?

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation