[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Matriarchal or Patriarchal
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Matriarchal or Patriarchal
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 08:31 am   Permalink

Strong women are good for the family and culture. They seem to be more compassionate than men.

Strong men are good for holding their children and teaching discipline. Oh, and killing spiders and lifting heavy things.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 10:45 am   Permalink

... great topic... bilge worthy, though...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 1:40 pm   Permalink

Sorry, I disagree. This is not a drunken post.
This issue involves more than just families. It involves our way of life and the lives of indigenous people.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 2:41 pm   Permalink

... maragret thatcher, leona helmsley & imelda marcos were, at times described as strong women... yet the argument could be made that they were good for neither family nor culture, although, apparently, really good at killing spiders...

... it can also be argued that the eagle forum, led by strong woman phyllis schlafly, is neither good for our culture nor good for indigineous people...

... imelda, it can be said, did little to encourage the poor indigenous people of her homeland...

... but there are chicks that are cool, like de detroit from uxa and the chicks from frightwig...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 3:37 pm   Permalink

Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 4:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-31 08:31, Jungle Trader wrote:
Strong women are good for the family and culture. They seem to be more compassionate than men.

I forgot to add my comment regarding JT's quote: Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-bot 2006-01-31 17:41 ]

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 4:49 pm   Permalink

... ahhhhh, ann coulter... painfully hot and ready to score....

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 4:54 pm   Permalink

too many wussy men about these days.

Is it possible to be overtly masculine and still compassionate?

Strong women are great but after 30 years of encouragment and empowerment maybe we need a shift in the balance.

Compassionate men are great too but perhaps its time to bring back the affirmative decision makers who have a little backbone.

Families need both a Matriach and Patriarch.

One thing I can say for certain is that JT always seems to have his heart in the right place when he posts.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 5:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-31 16:54, Monkeyman wrote:
... One thing I can say for certain is that JT always seems to have his heart in the right place when he posts...

... nothing could be more true...

... except for...

... tall, tattooed goth chicks that like to score, fry and can pay half the rent and booz bill are really cool, too...

alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 5:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-31 08:31, Jungle Trader wrote:

...Strong men are good for holding their children and teaching discipline. Oh, and killing spiders and lifting heavy things...

... not to flog a dead horse here, chipshot, but dennis rader was a strong man, held his children and taught discipline... he also killed more than spiders and will definitely be doing some heavy lifting...

Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 5:26 pm   Permalink

a few fun quotes from Camille Paglia:

Patriarchy, routinely blamed for everything, produced the birth control pill, which did more to free contemporary women than feminism itself.

If civilization had been left in female hands, we would still be living in grass huts.

actually, that last one wouldn't be too bad

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 5:36 pm   Permalink

how is this not becoming a political discussion?

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 6:27 pm   Permalink

Let's get back on track here. I like my women like I like my coffee...black and strong! I still have fantasies of being roughed up by (Foxy Brown era) Pam Grier and (Conan era) Grace Jones tag teamin' me to extract Top Secret intelligence critical to the survival of the free world (oh yeah, and I work for U.N.C.L.E. and my partner is Napoleon Solo, but he doesn't get any of this hot action).

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 6:40 pm   Permalink

Oh ya? Well I like my women like I like my coffee..ground up and in the freezer, oh wait, no I don't.

I have no idea who this Camilla woman is, but I do think that matriarchy and patriarchy are important in equal doses. From somewhere or another.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amiotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 8:43 pm   Permalink

OK...it's late, and I'm brain dead, but I gotta throw in my 2cents worth...

Perhaps some of y'all are thinking more along the lines of paternal and maternal...particularly in how families and children are handled. The "archy" part at the end of matriarchy and patriarchy signify (bluntly put) leadership or dominance. A matriarchal society is dominated by female leadership, blah, blah, blah...you catch my drift. Strength and compassion don't necessarily play out the same ways in each type of society. Then of course, you throw in the alternatives of matrilineal vs. patrilineal, and matrilocal vs. patrilocal cultural patterns... Bwwaaahhhaaahahaha...my evil anthropologist persona is trying to get out.

Must...push...her...back...into...my...ID

So what is the real question here, JT?

amiotiki

View Profile of amiotiki Send a personal message to amiotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation