FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The London Luau 2006 - Artshow and Vending Confirmed
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
The London Luau 2006 - Artshow and Vending Confirmed
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 10:49 am   Permalink

After the success of last year we have set a date for this years "London Luau" at the London Trader Vics!
Saturday the 10th June 2006 it is.

Thanks to Shag for the great artwork

We bought the date forward this year to bring everybody into the summer season rather than end it.

Many things are still yet to be confirmed, but we hope to have many things going on over the whole weekend for those travelling to it from further afeild.
Check out the website
http://www.thelondonluau.co.uk/ or here for updated info.

We are also looking for any artists (painters, carvers etc) to be involved in a group show starting the 9th, to run for 2 weeks, anyone interested let me know.
Artwork chosen will be for sale, and anyone submitting will be responsible for getting their work there and back.

The Artshow and Vending has been confirmed and will take place in Kingly Court just off of Carnaby Street in the heart of the West End.
The artshow opens Friday night, showing work from many Artists worldwide, Paintings, prints and carvings.... Oh, yeah, did i mention the Ltd Ed signed and numbered prints by Shag of the london Luau artwork.

Vending will take place in Kingly Court on the sat and sun with live entertainment and DJs too.
Anyone interested in selling their Wares, let me know

Hope to see some of you there

www.cheekytiki.com

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2006-02-24 09:47 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cheekytiki 2006-04-10 13:53 ]

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 11:03 am   Permalink

yeaaah. I don't want to miss that...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 11:04 am   Permalink

by the way, the website says 10 july, not june...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 11:11 am   Permalink

Ooops! Thanks Virani, it's sorted now

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSpecs
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-02 08:55 am   Permalink

Great News!!

Counting down the days...

View Profile of TikiSpecs Send a personal message to TikiSpecs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 09:43 am   Permalink

Nice one! I'll book some time off and make a weekend of it.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 08:50 am   Permalink

Fab, we'll be there, had a great time last year.

The new lineup sounds great.

I'd love to be part of the artshow.

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 2:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-02 09:43, Trader Woody wrote:
Nice one! I'll book some time off and make a weekend of it.

Trader Woody

woody, you really planning on attending? i might just try to make it over there.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-06 09:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

woody, you really planning on attending? i might just try to make it over there.

Ha ha - yeah, I actually might make this one! At the time of writing I've still got 24.5 days holiday left, so it's no problem. Last year, they all got accounted for super-fast, blowing many possibilities of fun out of the water.

Hope you can make it - it'll be great to catch up!

Trader Woody

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Woody 2006-02-06 09:14 ]

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-10 2:03 pm   Permalink

Count us in, we will be there agin, it was so kool last year, can't wait for June!!! If you need any help, let us know.

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 1:44 pm   Permalink

The Website is now up and running! http://www.thelondonluau.co.uk/
There are are still a few extra details to be added for the better(more Bands and entertainment, things to do during the day)
But otherwise it's all go.
thanks for all of the support so far, look forward to seeing you there

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 11:41 pm   Permalink

Awesome weekend.

It's got all the food groups covered, cultural exchange, [mighty] fine art, powerful mixes, dance and friends.

The king is on the most played list on the itunes in the studio, and I've heard he's even better live, so really looking forward to that.

Mr Shag [to me], has done a sweet job on the event art. It's great to see a full-on UK tiki event, thanks to Cheekytiki to all the hard work.

I'll be getting my tickets today.

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ukulare
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-25 06:56 am   Permalink

I'll be working in London sometime this spring/summer. I can only hope it's in the beginning of June. Sounds like a great time!

View Profile of Ukulare Send a personal message to Ukulare  Email Ukulare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Artiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-02 1:31 pm   Permalink

Marvellous! Can't wait.
Never made it to last year's, but this one is a must.

View Profile of Artiki Send a personal message to Artiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 1:39 pm   Permalink

I've been trying to buy tickets for the past half hour and keep getting the message
"Your payment session has expired. To complete this transaction, you will need to enter your information again." despite typing like a demon. Also, there doesn't seem to be the usual 'padlock' on the bottom of the browser indicating that the payment is secure.Any idea what's happening?

Trader Woody

*EDIT* - Can we pay via a normal Paypal account? Ie. your e-mail address?
Cheers

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Woody 2006-03-03 13:43 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation