FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The London Luau 2006 - Artshow and Vending Confirmed
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
The London Luau 2006 - Artshow and Vending Confirmed
Senor Pedro

Posted: 2006-04-16 09:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-09 09:14, Trader Woody wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-03-04 10:30, atomictonytiki wrote:
what a great weekend 3 days of drinking and tiki, why with Glastonbury not on this year its a perfect replacement.

3 Days of drinking indeed! Friday night on Golden Coladas until 2:00am, wake up early afternoon, then out to watch England in the World Cup, drinking many pints of ale, then onto Trader Vics for Tiki bowls galore, wake up late, then onto Trailer Happiness to sample more rums. The only time I won't be drinking is in taxis and while asleep. My liver hurts already....

Trader Woody

South London Pacific is looking forward to the return of Trader Woody.

Must warn his Liver though...now open till 3am!!!!

Muchos Regardos A Hui Hui

Senor P

View Profile of Senor Pedro Send a personal message to Senor Pedro  Email Senor Pedro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pickle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-29 9:42 pm   Permalink

well it's Steve's 30th birthday on 9th June, and I was wondering we could do for it....something tiki.....something he'd always remember....and low and behold I discover the London Luau is on early this year! so we've got our tickets! see you there!

View Profile of Pickle Send a personal message to Pickle      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 2:15 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2006-04-16 09:52, Senor Pedro wrote:
Quote:

South London Pacific is looking forward to the return of Trader Woody.

Must warn his Liver though...now open till 3am!!!!

Aieee!!! I never thought that I'd curse the removal of the early 20th century British drinking laws, but those extra couple of hours are like a couple of baseball bats on the back of my kidneys. Friends up here have arranged a brewery visit on the Monday immediately afterwards.

I can't wait to see the SLP again, though. I've yet to visit a place that exudes the pure fun & joy of Tiki in remotely the same way.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-10 07:00 am   Permalink

The Mr and I are very sad that we can't make it to the London Luau. Last time we were in town we had a great time with the woody's, the Hemsby's and the cheeky tikis. Please tip a Mai Tai for us and hopefully we'll see you next year.

cheeky half

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-15 08:07 am   Permalink

Some info about the Art Show

Kingly Court will host the spectacular Tiki Art Show Opening on the 9 June which will take place between 5.30pm - 8.00pm. A group of artists from around the world whose work includes tiki and South Pacific inspired imagery have been brought together to exhibit. Work exhibited will be a mix of original paintings, carvings, sculpture and prints. The exhibition will run from the 9 to the 23 June and will be open to the public free of charge from 11am 7pm.

Exhibiting Artists are: Shag (USA), Kevin Ancell (USA), Moritz R (Germany),
Dr Alderete (Mexico), Jamie Wilson (UK), Peru (Australia),
Tiki Racer (UK), Michael Hanauer (Germany), Tiki tOny (USA), Anjy Cameron (UK)
Tim Ray (UK), Kai Sarnes (Germany), Jaqueline Davis (UK), Chris Moon (UK),
Sam Gambino (USA), Stefan Stratil (Germany), Michael Murphy (UK),
Phil Corbett (UK), Treatment Rooms (UK)

Kingly Court is a stylish courtyard with three-storeys of boutiques situated just off Carnaby Street.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BodhiBoy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-20 8:01 pm   Permalink

Man oh man! I am so psyched! I'm going to the London Luau! And I'm going to be a vendor!
I hope everyone will stop by and say hello to the tiki yank.

The last time I was in London I was strolling though Hyde park and just stumbled across the London Hilton and Trader Vic's. Nirvana! Except that when I tried to bring my British friends there for dinner that evening there was a freak power outage: elevators weren't running, half the hotel was dark and Trader Vic's was definitely down. Ouch! So I can't wait to get back and give it a go. And I can't wait to check out the other places, Trailer Happiness and London South Pacific.

And that tropical London summer...

See you there!

BodhiGlass: Real Cool Glass, Made Real Hot!

View Profile of BodhiBoy Send a personal message to BodhiBoy  Email BodhiBoy Goto the website of BodhiBoy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 1:35 pm   Permalink

I'll be there with art work and tees for sale, plus the new tikishrine/postcard dispenser

Hope to see you there.

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 6:44 pm   Permalink

Just 2 weeks away!!! I can't wait to meet the UK ohana!

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 02:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-25 18:44, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Just 2 weeks away!!! I can't wait to meet the UK ohana!

if you have some free time before or after the event, drop me a line - i'd love to meet up.

safe travels,
chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
theandrewssister
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-26 02:32 am   Permalink

Hi guys -- been a very long time since I vsited this forum. Woody, long time no see, compadre, and I'm very glad to hear you'll be at the Luau. And now Tiki Chris is back in Blighty too -- it's all coming together...

theandrewssister

View Profile of theandrewssister Send a personal message to theandrewssister  Email theandrewssister     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pickle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-08 03:07 am   Permalink

I can't wait!It's Steve's 30th on Friday so it couldn't have come at a better time!

It'd be great to meet some of you forum guys and gals, I'm not sure how we'll manage it as I don't know what anyone looks like...well on Fri I'll be wearing red flowers in my hair (hoho) and Steve has a tiki tattoo on the back of his left arm......so if you spot us come and introduce yourselves!

I'm looking forward to that first cocktail of Fri night....

View Profile of Pickle Send a personal message to Pickle      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 07:12 am   Permalink

Tiki Chris, I just PM'd you. I'll be arriving in London tomorrow morning at 8:30am. Let's definitely get together tomorrow and maybe meet at the Art Show?

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 09:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-08 07:12, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Tiki Chris, I just PM'd you. I'll be arriving in London tomorrow morning at 8:30am. Let's definitely get together tomorrow and maybe meet at the Art Show?

right back at ya w/ a PM. looking forward to meeting.
mahalo,
tiki chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-11 11:20 pm   Permalink

I had a fantastic time at the London Luau, I met lots of really cool people, and had the pleasure to see old friends.
Thanks a lot Jamie and Anjy for everything and see you next year.
Please people, post your pics !

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 10:33 am   Permalink

We had a great time, made some new friends and King Kukulele rocked.

Thanks to Anjy and Jamie at Cheekytiki for all the hard wok to make it all happen.

here's a photo link for starters, I'll post some on tc soon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42939159@N00/

Should we have an official luau photo thread???

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation