FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The London Luau 2006 - Artshow and Vending Confirmed
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
The London Luau 2006 - Artshow and Vending Confirmed
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 11:51 am   Permalink

Great pics. Feel free to start a new thread.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 11:55 am   Permalink

Many Mahalos to Anjy & Jamie for a wonderful weekend. I know how difficult these things can get but you guys truly should pat yourselves on the back. The entire weekend was filled with happy faces and many cocktails.

It was so great to meet so many of the UK ohana! Matt from Southampton - we'll be calling you this week, Rachel & Sam - lookin' for your email, Trader Woody - shame I didn't get to spend enough time with you, Tiki Chris - nice to finally meet you and I got your PM just today when I made it to an internet cafe, I'll call you when I'm back in London later this week, DJ Hukilau - you're so lovely! AtomicTonyTiki - thanks for the laughs and it was great to share dinner with you & the wahine at Trader Vic's. And to the many that made the weekend special - Mahalo!

My favorite moments: The Hula Punk show at South London Pacific, The King Kukulele set at Trader Vic's & the Donn's Mai Tai at Trailer Happiness. My absolute favorite moment: Sitting outside Trailer Happiness with King K and lots of others laughing and sharing stories - I'll never forget it!

Pictures will have to wait until I'm back in Florida!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidrome

Posted: 2006-06-12 3:40 pm   Permalink

Hard to express in words the gratitude we all feel to Jamie and Anjy for helping to crystallize the burgeoning tiki scene in the UK! Many thanks!

View Profile of tikidrome Send a personal message to tikidrome  Email tikidrome     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-13 02:42 am   Permalink

wow. what a fun weekend! i could really feel the aloha ... and the enthusiasm. emi & i had a blast and hope to stay in touch w/ everybody we met. it's hard to believe that so many super nice people were actually assembled together for an entire weekend. there are just too many highlights and great memories for me to list at this moment, but i will say that ...

jamie & anjy are stars, that the bartenders at trailer happiness are high on my list of heroes; and that tikidrome is one helluva guy.

it might be some time before i have a chance to post my own pics. moving into a new flat + receiving all my stuff from the US + attending the london luau all in one weekend = big mess to sort out all this week.

in the meanwhile, please join me in praying to the gods that trader woody posts his hilarious pics from trailer happiness.

aloha,
tiki chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJHUKILAU

Posted: 2006-06-13 10:27 am   Permalink

ALOHA!

Thanks to Cheekytiki for asking me to DJ at the event- a pure joy.
Thanks to Trailer Happiness for asking me to co-judge the cocktail competition with Papa Jules.
It's a hard life!
One question...was it obvious my ukulele skills aren't quite ready for public display?
I wasn't sure if i got away with it or not...
DJ HUKILAU x

View Profile of DJHUKILAU Send a personal message to DJHUKILAU  Email DJHUKILAU Goto the website of DJHUKILAU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-13 12:10 pm   Permalink

A really big THANKYOU to Anjy and Jamie for another great Luau!! This weekend was just so great, we really enjoyed every last minute. It was great to meet so many people, so many we have either heard of, or got e-mails from through HOTROD TIKI, and to finally put faces to the names were great. We will stay in contact with everyone we met. We loved Hula Punk, wow they were something else, also King Kukulele and the freaky tiki's, were just fantastic, it was so totally different seeing him perform with his band, and as for sunday night outside of Trailer Happiness, Denny messing around, what a laugh, and we have got some very dodgy photos of him, will try and post them soon!!
Roll on next year's Luau, we are looking forward to it already!!
Thanks again Anjy and Jamie for asking us to trade, we had a great time next to Marshall.

Keep up the good work!!

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pickle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-13 4:40 pm   Permalink

Hey thanks to the Cheekytiki crew for the fabulous weekend!

Thanks so much too to Pedro at SLP for helping me organise Steve's secret 30th gathering...we and our friends had a fantastic night!

Steve's birthday on Friday will be one he'll never forget (with a hangover he'll never forget either!)Doing the Hukilau was so cool, me and my pink haired friend, Pippa tried to use what we learnt whilst dancing to Hula Punk..as you may have noticed :s

You know it was one of THOSE nights when people you don't know see you the next day and ask if your head hurt!I have the most bizarre photos that I can't explain that I don't remember taking!?

My liver is still recovering!I could hardly face another cocktail on Sunday!

It was great speaking to Hotrodtiki, the people behind Nude magazine and Anjy + Jamie

Looking forward to getting my mitts on the Luau mugs! and we're already planning to be there next year

My only regret is knowing that you guys were there but not knowing who anyone is or what they look like!So please introduce yourselves so I'm prepared for next year

When I get organised I'll get some pictures up!

View Profile of Pickle Send a personal message to Pickle      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-13 4:45 pm   Permalink

need ... more ... pics ...

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Artiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-14 08:06 am   Permalink

Never mind photos.....I've got a load of video to sort out yet!

Add my thanks to those from everybody else to all that organised the Luau, we had a fabulous time, also. Especially well done on organising the 80-90 degree temperatures....

View Profile of Artiki Send a personal message to Artiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Steve_Legend

Posted: 2006-06-14 4:36 pm   Permalink

I don't get online much but had to post something after this great weekend!

What a great Tiki weekend!!! I had the best birthday weekend...cheers to Pickle and Pedro at the South London Pacific for my 'surprise' do!!

It was nice to meet Chrisc again and CheekyTiki and Hotrodtiki folks and the Hula Punks and the peps from Nude and the King and and...

It was also cool to finally get to see Trailer Happiness...it's only about 4-5 miles away but now we went there...was pretty cool, even if we was, by then...pretty tired and pretty still pissed!

Roll on next year, congratulations to all that made it possible and we're already asking people to get some money together for next year so, if others do it'll be even bigger!!

Tiki in the UK!!!! Yeah!

View Profile of Steve_Legend Send a personal message to Steve_Legend  Email Steve_Legend     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-15 01:48 am   Permalink

Anjy and Myself would like to once again say a huge thanks to everybody that came, without your support it couldn't of happened.
Also all the Bands, Djs, Artists, Vendors, Sponsors and Bars involved.

I'm finally managing to catch up on some sleep and your Mugs will be in the Post soon!

To everyone who couldn't make it we still have some "London Luau" Shag prints for sale, I will start a new thread for these in Tiki Marketplace soon, but if you are really desperate email or PM me

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hotrod_tiki

Posted: 2006-06-16 12:36 pm   Permalink

Just another thank you to add to the long list. A special thanks from Jacqui for helping to sort out her artwork whilst we were out of the country.

No pressure but we can't wait till the next time!

View Profile of hotrod_tiki Send a personal message to hotrod_tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-17 12:11 am   Permalink

Just another note to confirm what a great weekend it was! Anjy and Jamie did a superb job organising it, as did all the people helping out by performing, demonstrating their cocktail mixing skills, creating artwork, etc etc etc.

It was great meeting all the Tiki Centralites (most of whom had travelled a looong way) - all who felt like old friends. (And a good number were!) Sorry I missed Pickle and theandrewssister - I read the messages on here after the Luau. Next time, eh?

All three nights were different, but all were fantastic. And the final Mai Tais were the stuff of legend....

As I remarked to Tiki Chris, "with all the sweet rum drinks, I feel like I've been marinaded like Trader Vic's ribs".

Pics to come...

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-17 1:24 pm   Permalink

Urrgh I know what you mean I swear for two days after the luau i was sweating orgeat, BUT stil what super fantastic weekend of fun and how great it was to meet you all finally.

Definatly next time though we need to have a tiki central meet up during the luau, so we can put faces to the names, a tiki central flash mob perhaps, everybody gather at the Moai in the british museum and start worshipping it.

top fun.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Artiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-18 1:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-17 13:24, atomictonytiki wrote:
....a tiki central flash mob perhaps, everybody gather at the Moai in the british museum and start worshipping it.

Got to say...that is a fantastic idea! I'm certainly up for that. Cheekytiki...it could be made part of the weekend!

Mrs Artiki (she's the one in the foreground...)

Mr Artiki (prior to losing the giant millipede from his chin...)

View Profile of Artiki Send a personal message to Artiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation