FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Another Lamp 5/24/06 page 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Another Lamp 5/24/06 page 3
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-09 08:01 am   Permalink

WOW!! that's got to be one of the best looking lamps i've seen! i don't know if i like how it looks with the lights on or in the dark the best. it's awesome either way!! MORE, MORE!!

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-09 12:31 pm   Permalink

oh, *MAN*, Monkeyman!!

I have never seen any lamp made by anybody anywhere at any time that was cooler or AS cool when lit up. Those sillouetes(sp?) are HYP-mo-ti-zing!

I too just GOTTA start spending more time on "Creating"!! I have been seriously missing out!!

Too bad a lamp like that can't be mass marketed (*NOT* so we could devalue its worth or undercut its price - rather, so THAT WE COULD ALL HAVE ONE!!!). How cool would that be if all our fine carvers' beautiful works could be as accessable as Witcos were in the day. Just pop by Sears and pick up a Bamboo Ben bedroom set, a Gecko display shelf and a Benzart tiki to go along with your Monkeyman frames and swag lamp. Ahhhhh, shopping made Paradise!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-10 07:34 am   Permalink

Great work Monkeyman (and eel). One of those would look great in the Rincon Room. You are the master of detail.......keep em coming.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LavaLounger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-10 09:06 am   Permalink

Whoaaaaaaaaaaa, awesome.....just mind-numbing lamp!!! Creative ideas, and art too!!

I thought I was a bit crafty now and then but I got a LONNNNNG LOOOOONG way to go!! I bow to the master!!

LavaLounger

View Profile of LavaLounger Send a personal message to LavaLounger  Goto the website of LavaLounger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 09:10 am   Permalink

Thanks everbody.

You are all very kind.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2006-02-10 10:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-04 23:27, Monkeyman wrote:
Lucite panels courtesy of a recently banned user who wants to remain anonymous (big thank you)..

Quote:

On 2006-02-10 07:34, bongofury wrote:
Great work Monkeyman (and eel).

Eel was banned? WTF?!

Well, anyway, that lamp is beautiful! Are there more on the way?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 11:25 pm   Permalink

This is definitely not a new style of lamp but since everybody else has made one I thought I would give it a try also.

The resin base tutorial from Ona tiki was a big help... Thanks

With the room lights off.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachnik
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-24 11:35 pm   Permalink

MM, that lamp is just way too cool! I'll take five...maybe ten! I'll keep dreaming!!

Cheers,
Beachnik

View Profile of Beachnik Send a personal message to Beachnik  Email Beachnik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 05:20 am   Permalink

Cool looking Lamp MokeyMan, I Love the green's nise calming and soothing effect.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 06:25 am   Permalink

Really nice. Now I wanna make one just like it.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 08:20 am   Permalink

That is one incredibly gorgeous lamp.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 09:48 am   Permalink

Far out Monkey! That green bulb really pushes it over the top. There's no green in the tapa to begin with, right? You have done well grasshopper...

Legend has it Ona's rigorous tutorial program begins with the snatching of the pebble from his hand and culminates when you can lift the giant scalding urn with your forearms...

(Actual photo of Monkeyman in OnaTiki's hidden Chamber of a Thousand Lamps)

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 10:39 am   Permalink

Correct Hodad,

The tapa fabric has no green in it. Just the bulb. I messed around with yellow, blue, white, and red and the green seemed to yield the best effect.

Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 10:49 am   Permalink

Wow! That is very nice. I like the angle cuts on the top protruding bamboo. A subtle yet striking touch. Those words contradict each other don't they? Anyway, great job.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 11:00 am   Permalink

REAL sweet MM! Your skills have no bounds!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation