FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » PUKA BAR opens tomorrow!!!!
PUKA BAR opens tomorrow!!!!
mR. PukA

Posted: 2006-02-05 7:31 pm   Permalink

Hey folks, the newest tiki spot in long beach "PUKA BAR" is opening tomorrow night!!! Come on down and check us out. you can visit the website for directions at PUKABAR.com The address is 710 w. willow st. just east of the 710 freeway. 562 - 997 - 6896.

View Profile of mR. PukA Send a personal message to mR. PukA  Email mR. PukA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-06 10:33 am   Permalink

I'll try to swing by.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-06 11:16 am   Permalink

I too, shall try to make it. Maybe the Mrs. will come, too.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-06 12:20 pm   Permalink

hey Mr Puka.. post in Locating Tiki..and add some pictures for those of us so far far away!

good luck in your new adventure!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KELPTIKI

Posted: 2006-02-06 12:28 pm   Permalink

So it's open today, Monday? It looks like theres a grand opening set for later this month, is that correct? We're excited about checking it out, just want to make sure its a go before we go.

View Profile of KELPTIKI Send a personal message to KELPTIKI  Email KELPTIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-06 9:25 pm   Permalink

Lady V and I just got back from the Puka Bar. What a great place with, plenty of room for more tikis. We even ran into The Sperm Whale and Whale Rider. I got myself a new hangout.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-06 10:02 pm   Permalink

Hey we actually think the Puka Bar is pretty cool. It has a great atmosphere and a cool vibe. I expect good things from this place. We need to give this new bar a warm TC welcome!!!
Later,
Spermy
P.S. It was really cool to see Johnny and Robin (The Velour's) there!!!

Here are some pic's:

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale 2006-02-07 10:59 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-07 10:45 am   Permalink

Damn, this is what happens when im away from TC to long, didnt even know it was open, Utopiandreem & I will have to go to the PUka BAr on thursday to check it out.

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-07 10:58 am   Permalink

Wow, that looks great! Thanks for posting the pictures!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-07 8:30 pm   Permalink

Damn Bummed I didn't make it out, I ran outta steam and crashed early. But I will be by sometime.

When should we plan a TC event/night there????

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 08:19 am   Permalink

Congrats Mr Puka! I'll stop by next time I'm up north! What's your signature drink?

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 4:31 pm   Permalink

I think I'm going to try and stop by on Friday. I didn't make it up there earlier this week, and as long as I'm feeling better (been sick), I'm having a Mai Tai!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dj

Posted: 2006-02-11 10:02 am   Permalink

the place is GREAT!
I’m kickin’ off the opening of the PUKA BAR with my 4th Annual ORiental Valentine Party TONIGHT (Sat, 11th)!!
The Tiki bar has a Large venue “hidden” through an archway that’s usually not open to the public, yet. Byron and Larry have been generous to let us use it again.
We’ve decorated it into an Opium Den-like atmosphere.
All you have to do is Bring an Asian dish (potluck), Dress in Oriental attire, and a few $ for the Band (Mark Torch (of Hollywood Combo) & friends).
The capacity is only 120 and, as of today, we’ve got 82 confirmed responses, so come on down, quickly!

View Profile of dj Send a personal message to dj  Email dj Goto the website of dj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-26 10:04 am   Permalink

Mahalo for the photos, Sperm Whale!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation