Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki That's Kooky /Direct Connection
That's Kooky /Direct Connection
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-06 09:31 am   Permalink

While in Florida recently I saw a few contemporary tiki cookie jars by a company called That's Kooky possibly manufactured by Direct Connection. There were three or four different styles the largest over a foot tall.

I figured they'd be an easy find online when I got home but so far no luck. Doh!

Anybody familiar with this company or the tiki jars themselves?

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-06 10:15 am   Permalink

Was it this set? www.surfwarez.com/ProductDetails.aspx?PID=1076

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-07 05:03 am   Permalink

Yes indeed Tiki-Kate!! How ever did you find it?

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-07 05:46 am   Permalink

I googled "tiki canister" because I couldn't remember where I'd seen them before. I bought a set a few months ago from Coconut Kiss.com. They're very kooky, but so is my kitchen.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coconutkiss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 9:50 pm   Permalink

Aloha Hodadhank!

You are correct-it was manufactured by a company called Direct Connection. I thought they discontinued the item for the moment-its not in their 2006 wholesale catalog. I had a HUGE problem with the packing that they had when they shipped them. At least 1/2 of the orders would arrive broken-it was a mess. I ended up having to throw away their packing box and re-wrap them when I sold them to a customer. Hopefully they fixed the problem because overall people really liked them! That is an insane price that Surfwarez is selling them for-that is less than cost so I'd buy em while you can!!! (maybe they dropped the wholesale cost on them too) Enjoy and good luck!

Gina

View Profile of coconutkiss Send a personal message to coconutkiss  Email coconutkiss Goto the website of coconutkiss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rahnee

Posted: 2007-03-20 4:53 pm   Permalink

Can anyone tell me how I might contact Direct Connection or where they might be based???????????
Rahnee

View Profile of Rahnee Send a personal message to Rahnee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
morbidboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-20 6:18 pm   Permalink

I got mine in hollywood at a store called wacko

View Profile of morbidboy Send a personal message to morbidboy  Email morbidboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation