FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Exotic monkey painting in Seattle Show -opens Feb 10
Exotic monkey painting in Seattle Show -opens Feb 10
Amyaloha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-07 07:57 am   Permalink

Hi-

This is almost tiki, but not sure (for those who live in or near Seattle):

http://www.roqlarue.com/showpages/Sweetest%20Taboo/sweetest.html

This painting ("The Tickler") was originally in the Blab! art show in Santa Monica in Sept. along with two others in the "monkey love" series.

http://www.blabshow.com

Also the latest addition to this series called "The Flower Muncher" was just featured on boingboing (after selling to a collector in Hawaii).

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/02/03/amy_crehores_flower_.html

Thanks for looking!
Amy

www.amycrehore.com

P.S. Might be releasing prints in the future...look for a spread in the next issue of "Blab!" (due out in Sept. 2006)

View Profile of Amyaloha Send a personal message to Amyaloha  Goto the website of Amyaloha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2006-02-07 10:47 am   Permalink

amy, will you be coming to The Jet City for the opening? let us know, we can get together for drinks or something!

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Amyaloha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-07 7:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-07 10:47, dogbytes wrote:
amy, will you be coming to The Jet City for the opening? let us know, we can get together for drinks or something!

elicia

Oh, thank you so much for the invite.
I do not think I am going to this particular show...but there could be another show in the future up there for me.

View Profile of Amyaloha Send a personal message to Amyaloha  Goto the website of Amyaloha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-07 8:38 pm   Permalink

I love Roq la Rue and I am so happy to see forbidden monkey love finally coming out of the closet.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 05:13 am   Permalink

Subtle eroticisim. I like that. Your technique lends itself to it very well. Kind'a dreamy. Really nice work. How long, hours wise, did it take you to do the square ones? Is it polite to ask? All of that soft blending must take a lot of patience.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Amyaloha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 06:42 am   Permalink

Thanks so much for your nice comments!

The square monkeys (12"x 12") take about 7 - 10 days each.

The bigger horizontal one ( 12" x 24") on the Blab site took a almost a month including the sketch. (Baseman owns that one now)

My new Blonde Bombshell paintings on my website (also in that square format 12"x 12") took me about two weeks each.
But, they were more like portraits.

[ This Message was edited by: Amyaloha 2006-02-08 06:43 ]

samoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-08 5:48 pm   Permalink

the tones are so warm and the monkeys are adorable. naughty monkey, heh.

alas, I'm on the east coast :(

[ This Message was edited by: samoa 2006-02-08 17:49 ]

View Profile of samoa Send a personal message to samoa  Email samoa Goto the website of samoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Amyaloha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-09 8:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks! I'm enjoying your feedback.

I used to live on the east coast myself. In Virginia, and PA and NJ.

This Seattle show is featured on
www.boingboing.net today (!) along with a jpeg of my painting, The Tickler.

[ This Message was edited by: Amyaloha 2006-02-09 20:18 ]

tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 01:13 am   Permalink

Amy,
Beautiful work, as foamy put it almost dream like.
Your web site is very nice as well.

http://www.thomsart.com

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Amyaloha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-12 4:25 pm   Permalink

Thank you!:)

I decided to put the new painting on
my home page really large. Looks nice.
Tropical! I think the yellow color really
has a feeling of sun.

www.amycrehore.com

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 10:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-07 07:57, Amyaloha wrote:
This painting ("The Tickler") was originally in the Blab! art show in Santa Monica in Sept. along with two others in the "monkey love" series.

LOL!!! 'Monkey Love"!!

Beautiful and funny. Let me know about a print. I would hang it next to my Gauguin prints with similar lush color. I wonder if any of my guests would notice?!! Mahalo!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Amyaloha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 08:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

LOL!!! 'Monkey Love"!!

Beautiful and funny. Let me know about a print. I would hang it next to my Gauguin prints with similar lush color. I wonder if any of my guests would notice?!! Mahalo!

Thanks!!

I have received the comment that I'm a "modern-day Gauguin on a playful day" from my collector in Hawaii.

Looks like I'll be doing more of these monkeys for an April show in Seattle (same venue) and for an April show in Santa Monica at a new gallery....and for another Blab show next Sept. also in Santa Monica, CA.

So, I will definitely alert you of prints when I release some.
Any feedback is welcome.
Thanks again.

Amy

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation