FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Mai Tai Pictures
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Mai Tai Pictures
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2010-10-18 8:50 pm   Permalink

It’s taken forever but here are another 12 Mai Tais ~

First row left to right ~ Smugglers Cove - San Francisco, Ca., Bill Lee’s Bamboo Chopsticks - Bakersfield, Ca., The Galley – Santa Monica, Ca., The Tar Pit - Los Angeles, Ca.

Second row left to right ~ Szechwan - Manhattan Beach, Ca., W Hotel - Westwood, Ca., Chi Dynasty - Los Angeles, Ca., Caña - Los Angeles, Ca.

Third row left to right ~ Tikitastic’s - Los Gatos, CA., Tiki No - North Hollywood, Ca., Tahiti Joe’s - Las Vegas, NV., Roy’s - Los Angeles, Ca.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-19 7:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-18 20:50, Bora Boris wrote:
It’s taken forever but here are another 12 Mai Tais ~

First row left to right ~ Smugglers Cove - San Francisco, Ca., Bill Lee’s Bamboo Chopsticks - Bakersfield, Ca., The Galley – Santa Monica, Ca., The Tar Pit - Los Angeles, Ca.

Second row left to right ~ Szechwan - Manhattan Beach, Ca., W Hotel - Westwood, Ca., Chi Dynasty - Los Angeles, Ca., Caña - Los Angeles, Ca.

Third row left to right ~ Tikitastic’s - Los Gatos, CA., Tiki No - North Hollywood, Ca., Tahiti Joe’s - Las Vegas, NV., Roy’s - Los Angeles, Ca.

Outstanding collection of photos! Any comment on which one(s) tasted best-or worst? I'll bet that the Mai Tai at smugglers Cove rocked.

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2010-10-19 7:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-19 19:43, CincyTikiCraig wrote:
Outstanding collection of photos! Any comment on which one(s) tasted best-or worst? I'll bet that the Mai Tai at smugglers Cove rocked.

The Smugglers Cove Mai Tai was great, I also liked the Tar Pit's and Caña's, Tahiti Joe's was probably the worst.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-19 10:09 pm   Permalink

Boris, what did you think of the Galley's Mai Tai? I drink a lot of them even though it's Hawaiian-style.

And don't you hate it when they don't serve it up in an old-fashioned glass. That really ruins the experience for me.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2010-10-19 10:14 pm   Permalink

It was STRONG but I liked it. Their happy hour is really good, I should go more often.

Yes, a Double Old Fashioned glass is the best way to go, I've seen some in pint glasses and that's the worst.

ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-23 7:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-04 23:35, bigbrotiki wrote:
I made myself a very special Mai Tai tonight...!

No reason whatsoever!

missed seeing this glass, anybody know the location printed on the front? bigbrotiki?

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2010-10-23 7:50 pm   Permalink

The glass is from Tony's on the Pier in Redondo Beach, the glass comes with every Mai Tai.

Good luck trying to leave without one.

CucamongaChango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-24 08:01 am   Permalink

I found a Tony's glass at a Goodwill here in Denver a few months back.
The glass made it through one half of a mai-tai before a cat sent it crashing to the floor.
*sigh*

View Profile of CucamongaChango Send a personal message to CucamongaChango      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-19 10:33 pm   Permalink

Conga Room at LA Live above Trader Vic's. Forgetable Mai Tai, unforgettable entertainment.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-07-30 09:26 am   Permalink

Another 12

First row left to right ~ 320 Main – Seal Beach, Ca., Hunan Taste – Los Angeles, Ca., Hong Kong Inn – Ventura, Ca., Chuck’s – Santa Barbara, Ca.

Second row left to right ~ Royal Hawaiian – Laguna Beach, Ca., Tiki Island above the Silver Lake – Silver Lake, Ca., Kirby’s Rumpus Room – La Crescenta, Ca., Grand Star Jazz Club – Los Angeles, Ca.

Third row left to right ~ The Varnish - Los Angeles, CA., Gourmet 88 – Burbank, Ca., The Palace – Los Feliz, Ca., Formosa Café – West Hollywood, CA.

Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-30 10:23 am   Permalink

Well done, sir.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-30 2:01 pm   Permalink

hey Boris, does that Royal Hawaiian Mai Tai have all that dark rum on top?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-07-30 2:18 pm   Permalink

Hiltiki,

I think the picture makes it look like there was more than there really was.

A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-01 6:04 pm   Permalink

Suddenly I'm thirsty for something cold and refreshing...a Mai Tai for sure!

From the House Without a Key (As recommended by Al)

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-01 6:26 pm   Permalink

What a fantastic thread!

Here are some Mai-Tai's from The Mai Tai Bar at the Royal Hawaiian, Waikiki. One is an off-menu Trader Vic's Mai Tai (yummy!), and the other is a ginger infused Mai Tai Degeneres (Ms. VanTiki's favorite).

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation