Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Dogfish Head Rum
Dogfish Head Rum
TikiMikeNJ
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-07 2:25 pm   Permalink

Apparently Its a local Philadelphia Tri-State Thing. Comes In Honey Brown And Spiced. Bottled And Made In Rehoboth Beach, Delaware! Has Anyone tried this rum? let me know I saw it over the weekend in my local liquor store! Check them out at dogfish.com

View Profile of TikiMikeNJ Send a personal message to TikiMikeNJ  Email TikiMikeNJ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captnkirk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-07 5:15 pm   Permalink

I'm from Delaware and I have not tried it yet.

It costs as much as Demera rum or some othe high end products. So I have not been willing to gamble on a bottle of it yet.

P.S. Dogfish head does make some good beer so who knows.

View Profile of captnkirk Send a personal message to captnkirk  Goto the website of captnkirk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 05:20 am   Permalink

Had a bottle of the spiced, worst shit I have ever tried! For the money it cost, I could have bought two bottles of something else better.

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevemarkoya

Posted: 2007-03-19 5:17 pm   Permalink

I have tried the Spiced version and found it to be revolting...being also from DE I figured I would give a local brand a try. It smelled so much like wild honey suckle or some other flower that I could not stand to drink. I pride my self in having a nice collection of different rums mostly sipping but this is one that I will not be buying again. I may try their new Darkside Rum this summer provided it isn't jacked up with some nasty smelling spices. For the money there are plenty of better rums out there.

View Profile of stevemarkoya Send a personal message to stevemarkoya      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation