FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Pacific Restaurant, Sterling, VA (restaurant)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Pacific Restaurant, Sterling, VA (restaurant)
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 07:36 am   Permalink

Name:Pacific Restaurant
Type:restaurant
Street:46240 Potomac Run Plaza
City:Sterling
State:VA
Zip:20164
Phone:703-404-5500

Description:
Modern, clean, nice atmosphere, nice people, good tiki atmosphere

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 07:39 am   Permalink

Another guy and myself went here last night - the mai tais and zombies were high quality, the food was pretty good, and the people were very nice. We met Louis the proprietor, (very nice guy - showed us around), and Buttercup the Bartender. She took good care of us at the bar. Here's some pictures:

Pacific Restaurant, Sterling Virginia

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 10:17 pm   Permalink

Here are a few more cell phone camera snapshots (lousy quality, but better than nothing) from a recent visit we did!

and much closer in on the mural-

along with a small album I put together with all the pix and some small descriptions-

http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Pacific-Restaurant-VA

When in NoVA, it's a very Tiki place- well worth checking out! The food is EXCELLENT too! Decent drinks in proper mugs and bananas flambe for dessert! It's a great place to stop in for drinks and sharing a variety of puupuus too. We MD/DC/VA Tikiphiles had a recent get together and the overall opinion seemed highly favourable.

[ This Message was edited by: Sabina 2006-02-08 22:18 ]

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-09 4:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the great information! I'm going to let my brother know, he just moved from MD to VA and enjoyed his visits to Honolulu.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 03:57 am   Permalink

Critiki says that there are private huts available on the second level, but these don't exist...

skeeter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-27 09:22 am   Permalink

Is the Pacific casual - AKA kid friendly?

View Profile of skeeter Send a personal message to skeeter  Goto the website of skeeter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-27 12:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-27 09:22, skeeter wrote:

Yeah! No problem! Very kid friendly. When are you thinking about going?

skeeter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-28 04:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-27 12:54, tikigap wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-09-27 09:22, skeeter wrote:

Yeah! No problem! Very kid friendly. When are you thinking about going?

Not sure, possibly this weekend.

View Profile of skeeter Send a personal message to skeeter  Goto the website of skeeter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-28 07:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

Not sure, possibly this weekend.

Have fun! It's a nice place - a little pricey, but the food and drinks are very good. Especially the zombies and mai tais.

MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-28 1:16 pm   Permalink

I was there last Sunday night. The Vietnamese Beef Banh Hoi is to die for, and I second tikigap's Zombie and Mai Tai recommendation.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skeeter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-05 08:04 am   Permalink

Thanks for the info!

The zombies and the food were indeed great!
The dining area was just a little too psuedo stuffy or something, can't put my finger on it? They just need to loosen-up a little bit. But I really dug the dark mysterious atmosphere in the bar. And the outdoor seating area seems like it would be cool too in nice weather.

Overall a pretty cool place though.

tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-08 10:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-05 08:04, skeeter wrote:
The dining area was just a little too psuedo stuffy or something, can't put my finger on it? They just need to loosen-up a little bit. But I really dug the dark mysterious atmosphere in the bar.

Agreed - but I think it just needs to age a lot. 10 - 20 years... then it might start having that comfy tiki feel (A la Honolulu Restaurant in Virginia or Mai Kai in Ft Laud).

Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 7:37 pm   Permalink

CALL BEFORE YOU GO!!!

We drove over an hour last weekend one way just find out the Pacific was closed for a private party on a Saturday night no less. We were really pissed off, but I learned my lesson. CALL AHEAD, since IMO the food & drinks are really good BUT getting there takes time.

Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ditsyquoin

Posted: 2007-02-05 10:16 pm   Permalink

Visited Pacific again last night to do an analytic visit. It's always disturbed me that it gets a high rating but something is not right in the mood. MT's were excellent and they do serve a wide variety of drinks. Service was good but most of the time they servers were glued to the TV watching the superbowl.

It's a tilt/vibe that is missing. Anyone want to join me for a future visit to exactly put my finger on it? Share a scorpion bowl?

View Profile of ditsyquoin Send a personal message to ditsyquoin  Email ditsyquoin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 06:00 am   Permalink

Hey ditsyquoin - I might be up for that - PM me. All my weekends are booked in Feb, but I might be able to get there on a weeknight.

One of their problems is that the place is still new and squeaky clean. Tiki bars should be darker and a little dingy inside, I think.

I took my wife there for her birthday in January. We had 24 people, or about 12 couples, sitting at 4 tables. So I wouldn't get stuck with the bill, I asked to have seperate checks, one for each table.

They say the have a policy - over a certain number of people - they only do one check. That pissed me off, but so be it. When the check came, I found the real reason they do that. So they can charge 18 percent tip to the whole bill!!! The total was $850, including about $120 for tip!

I was real pissed off then. I was going to give then a 5 percent tip because they only had ONE GUY for the whole 24 people - and we are demanding drinkers. He got many of the orders wrong, tried to make me pay for orders we didn't order, was slow on the drinks, and he had a bad attitude, fromm the get-go.

It IS good food and drink, and Louis Cheng, the owner is a nice guy, but when I complained to him he basically told me that he was sorry and he'd talk to the waiter. I told hime that I thought this was a management problem, but that fell on deaf ears.

All that said, I'll never go there again with more than 4 people. But I will go there again.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation