[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Mr & Mrs Moai Lounge in Chicago 4/25-30
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Mr & Mrs Moai Lounge in Chicago 4/25-30
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 09:41 am   Permalink

I can meet you both days (the 25th and 29th), but if it's a latenighter when you get to Hala Kahiki on the 25th, then I'll just be able to meet you on the 29th (due to the fact I have to work the next day on the 26th). Keep me posted.

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 11:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

I hear Mr. Beef is the shizzle for Italian Beef sammiches.
Mahalo,
Scottiki

the Mr. beef combo is the best hangover cure in the world...brother, it'll set you free........

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-14 10:41 am   Permalink

Ha, are we talking non-tiki restaurants? Heck, let me start rattlin' off all the GREAT pizza, Mexican, Greek, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Egytian, Polish, Koren and etc. restaraunts there. Chicago is THE best place to eat! There is a great Italian pizza place just to the left of the Tiki Terrace that has awesome panzarattis and calzones and they are HUGE (like 2 full meals) and extremely inexpensive.

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zuke

Posted: 2006-04-17 11:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-12 19:41, Scottiki wrote:
Right on, JT! We look forward to sharin' mai tais with you!
Re: other first-timer-musts:
Best Chicago pizza?
Best dog?
I hear Mr. Beef is the shizzle for Italian Beef sammiches.
Mahalo,
Scottiki

I know this is an old thread, but as I am just making a return visit here now, I can't help but answer this, since I am lifelong Chicagoan...

Best Chicago Pizza? IMHO, its LOU MALNATI'S!
http://www.loumalnatis.com/

Mmm MMM MMM!

Best Beefs? My choice, and many others, is PORTILLO'S! http://www.portillos.com/

Best Dog? Well, sorry, but its gotta be a Hot Dog at WRIGLEY FIELD watching the Cubbies!!

Bit of a Hi-Jack, sorry to get off topic but that's Chicago for ya. Hitting Hala Kahiki for my birthday soon, so that's why I popped in here and just had to chime in on my Chicago food favs.

Back to the Tiki discussions...

[ This Message was edited by: Zuke 2006-04-17 11:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Zuke 2006-04-17 11:21 ]

View Profile of Zuke Send a personal message to Zuke  Email Zuke Goto the website of Zuke     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-17 3:29 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for the tips, Zuke!
FYI, the wahine & I will be hitting the Windy City next week, and we can hardly wait!
On Tuesday, April 25, we'll be dining/drinking @ Chef Shangri-La, followed by drinks @ Hala Kahiki, with TC's most hospitable Chicagoan, JT. And on Saturday, April 29, we're heading to The Tiki Terrace for dinner, drinks & the early show (seating @ 4:45pm).
Anyone else interested in joining us East Coasters for our first trip to Chicago's tikiest spots?

Scottiki

View Profile of Scottiki Send a personal message to Scottiki  Email Scottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 7:42 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2006-04-17 19:43 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 7:48 pm   Permalink

the museum of science and industry just opened their new da vinci exhibit.....you may want to check it out. The show runs for 6 months and focuses on his inventions and designs...lot's of interactive stuff and models of his inventions......

gotta pass on the 25th...one of my favorite bands, "damone", is playing at the beat kitchen that night...

perhaps another time....anyway, you're in good hands with J.T.

tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 1:55 pm   Permalink

We'll be at the Chef tonight by 5:30, and then at Hala Kahiki by 8:00.

All TC-ers looking for some Tueeday night action are welcome to join us.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation