FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Book/catalog of 'contemporary' mugs?
Book/catalog of 'contemporary' mugs?
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-11 12:14 pm   Permalink

Anyone interested in compiling as complete as possible a compendium of mugs created in the last 5 or 6 years or so? Either in beautiful, color coffee table-book form or on-line would be great. I'm talking mugs, designer, numbers produced, etc. As one of those who love and collect the newer mugs (although if I found a vintage in the wild I'd be thrilled) I'd snap it right up. Any takers?

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-11 4:12 pm   Permalink

Might we be able to con Duke Carter into doing one? A la Tiki Quest? That was a top notch publication, that was. I'd definitely buy one, too.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-11 4:16 pm   Permalink

i'd love to have a book showing all the great new pieces by gecko, munktiki, tiki diablo, bosko and all the other talented new artists. i have a few one of a kinds i'd be happy to share.

[ This Message was edited by: kingstiedye 2006-02-11 16:18 ]

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-11 5:08 pm   Permalink

A book or a website? Kingstiedye's Ooga Mooga account is that website. Print it off, and theres the book. I do enjoy the modern ones better and it would be a nice coffee table book so that my friend that aren't into tiki would know. The Tiki Quest is good but I could use more reading. Original prices would be a nice addition

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-11 5:18 pm   Permalink

thanks teakey!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-11 6:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-11 17:08, teaKEY wrote:
A book or a website? Kingstiedye's Ooga Mooga account is that website. Print it off, and theres the book. I do enjoy the modern ones better and it would be a nice coffee table book so that my friend that aren't into tiki would know. The Tiki Quest is good but I could use more reading. Original prices would be a nice addition

Ha! We just need a printer-friendly version of Ooga Mooga that will remove frames! Just kidding. I think a book like this would be way cool, and there's definitely a market for it!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 7:08 pm   Permalink

Ooga Mooga is the on-line version. I'm talkin' a print version of all contemporary mugs, including independents. With a brand new mug commemorating the book of course!

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 7:51 pm   Permalink

We will We will. I heard a week ago that there is going to be a book of modern mugs coming out. Its not really my place to say anymore on this, but I'm excited about its coming and probably more like it. I'm sure others know about it too.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-23 07:29 am   Permalink

Dose any body have mugs by ITV (into the volcano)? Me and my wife got some 4? years ago. They are very cool. But the guy quit making mugs.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation