FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Westminster Dog Show
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Westminster Dog Show
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-24 11:06 pm   Permalink

I have usually done the pound puppy thing most of my life and do support the Humane Society on an annual basis. I think what is different about Westminster is the announcing....it is really great for learning about the breeds...like you say.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 07:44 am   Permalink

I watch the dog show too and I loved the puppy bowl last year. I hope its on again this year. All dogs are awesome, regardless of kind. By the way there are rescue groups for every breed so if anyone wants a purebred dog they can get one and save a life at the same time. It seems that lots of people are unaware of that fact and think they have to go to a dog breeder or pet store. I never had a dog when I was growing up and then I adopted a chinese shar pei from my friend's rescue group and I became an obsessed dog person. Some idiot paid over $1,000 for the dog as a puppy and then couldnt deal b/c puppies arent trained (Duh!)and then dumped the dog outside of a Pet Smart store, and it then ended up at the pound where it was gonna be curtains! Then the pound called my friend's rescue group and they saved the dog. Now this pup is named Millie Martini and she lives with me in my tiki lair and helps me sell stuff on ebay and we donate ALL of our auction proceeds to various animal rescue groups and to the leukemia society. Dogs rule!!!

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 09:49 am   Permalink

Yes! Good point. As long as people are careful to pick a dog that's right for them so it doesn't end up in (or back in) a shelter, that's all that matters. They all rule.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-25 8:10 pm   Permalink

That is a great story TG. YOu have a good heart.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-12 7:15 pm   Permalink

Westminster is on tonight and tomorrow night on USA. May the best bark win.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-19 4:20 pm   Permalink

This years Westminster Dog Show is on USA (as usual) and airs:
NIGHT 1:
Live Telecast: Monday, Feb 11 (8-9 PM Live ET / 8-9 PM PT) on USA Network
Continuing Live Telecast: Monday, Feb 11 (9-11 PM Live ET / 9-11 PM PT) on CNBC

NIGHT 2:
Live Telecast: Tuesday, Feb 12 (8-11 PM Live ET / 8-11 PM PT) on USA Network

There will be 4 new breeds in the show this year. The Plott (Hound Group), Tibetan Mastiff (Working Group), Beuceron (Herding Group), Swedish Vallhund (Herding Group).

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2008-01-19 16:22 ]

Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 5:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:
The Plott (Hound Group), Tibetan Mastiff (Working Group), Beuceron (Herding Group), Swedish Vallhund (Herding Group).

I "wiki'd" these dogs and noticed that as I was reading the descriptions of the dogs to myself, inside my head it actually sounded like the PA announcer at Westmenster. Same accent, same lilt.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-22 6:08 pm   Permalink

Very good then...you should apply...ya never know when these old geezers are gonna kick it. Interesting how they carry on the same voice of the dead.

I actually like the droan of their narration...probably explains why I hate football with the announcers screaming and acting "all that" and everything.

I typically root for the dogs with personality....kinda that "we're havin' fun now" attitude...and I prefer hair to a smooth coat but ya never know how the show is going to go...the dogs are all so wonderful. I'll be glued to the idot box for this.

bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 7:00 pm   Permalink

Marked on my calendar! Thanks! I usually have no idea when these things are coming and just randomly come across it when it's at least halfway over.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-09 5:46 pm   Permalink

This coming Monday & Tuesday night (2/11,12). Bring on the dawgs!!!

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-11 05:01 am   Permalink

Tonight & tomorrow night. ARF ARF

Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 3:35 pm   Permalink

This thread reminds me of "Best in Show" One of my favorite movies of all time!
The clueless commentator had some of the funniest lines in cinema history and the rest of the cast including the dogs,was brilliant.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 7:38 pm   Permalink

Fred Willard rules!

As do the pups - almost showtime here!

Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 9:48 pm   Permalink

"And to think in some countries, they actually eat these little guys"

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-11 10:16 pm   Permalink

Bummer...looks like they are only doing the live TV coverage, so it did not show at 8pm tonight and will not be on tomorrow night at 8pm either. It is showing during the daytime. ARGH!!! That means I will miss it this year. I am royally pissed. Had I known the constant announcements of an 8pm showing were incorrect I would have tried to tape it. USA!!!!! Way to go jerks.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation