FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Westminster Dog Show
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Westminster Dog Show
dogbytes

Posted: 2008-02-11 11:02 pm   Permalink

its never live to the west coast. your best bet is to watch the video of each breed as it becomes available at westminsterkennelclub.org.

you can also get the group winners the same way, its pretty close to being realtime.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2008-02-12 07:27 am   Permalink

Yeah...have been watching the live feed for some breeds on their site. I know that USA has aired the show (not live) on the same date but in the evening on the West Coast...I have watched it before. Unfortunately their timing on this is not good, plus USA has been advertising an evening showing option.

I am not feeling well today (for real) so am staying home. Luckily I will get to see the opening and closing shows.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2008-02-12 07:28 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2008-02-12 11:16 am   Permalink

watch for Barni handled by Ed Thomason (Trader Pup's handler) ~ Tibetan Mastiff.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2008-02-12 11:22 am   Permalink

Will do....hope I didn't miss him already.

SPOILER

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

I am not a poodle enthusiast, but that Standard Poodle ROCKED!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-12 7:04 pm   Permalink

The coverage was crazy - it was on at 8pm here on USA, but only for an hour. Then I had to switch over to CNBC. But now the rest is apparently on tonight at 8 on USA, but not on CNBC at all. No wonder I usually miss it!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2008-02-12 7:37 pm   Permalink

Only minutes left in California....I am liking the Akita!!!

VampiressRN

Posted: 2008-02-12 8:00 pm   Permalink

I agree...the airing this year was not typical. I wrote a note to USA & also to Westminster...whether they listen or not will depend on how many complaints they get.

OK....Beagle not my choice. I would have expected that Poodle or Akita to win. It was a fabulous line up this year though.

ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF!!! Until next year.

Forgot to say...they panned in on James Roday & Maggy Lawson (both from Psych) at the dog show. Way to go...now I love these guys even more. I never miss Psych...it is a great show.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2008-02-12 20:04 ]

dogbytes

Posted: 2008-02-12 10:37 pm   Permalink

holycrap! Ed made the cut in the Working Group with Barnes the Tibetan Mastiff~ super fantastic, since this is the first year they were eligible to compete at Westminster.

i always cheer for any non-poodle dog. its unfair they get 2 dogs in nonsporting and 1 in toy. same stupid dog, in 3 sizes. meh. bug-eyed freaks.

i wanted the Akita to win, cuz i like the handler.

VampiressRN

Posted: 2008-02-13 03:58 am   Permalink

Yes I think it is neat that the Tibetan Mastiff made it in the cut. Quite an honor for a new breed to be selected, it was a beautiful dog. I had a feeling she would pick him...she was a slow but determined judge. I agree...those Poodles usually piss me off, but the standard one was exquisite. The Akita was far superior to the Beagle. I just don't think that Beagle was a stand out.

I was laughing my head off watching the Neapolitan Mastiff walk...even more of a lumber than the Clumberland!!!

bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-13 7:50 pm   Permalink

That was a hoot - less of a 'gait' than a lumbering clomp. Congrats to Trader Pup's handler & the Tibetan Mastiff on making to the finals!

My picks win pretty rarely, but it's fun to see most the varieties as they go by, at least (multiple poodles is highly unncessary!)

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2009-02-01 09:05 am   Permalink

This year the West coast airing will be crazy again...damned annoying. Here is the schedule.

133RD WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB DOG SHOW
LIVE COVERAGE BEGINS MONDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH AT 8/7C

2,500 dogs representing 170 breeds (welcome Dogue de Bordeaux!) will enter Madison Square Garden in pursuit of Best In Show honors at the 133rd Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. Live Opening Night Coverage begins Monday, February 9th at 8/7C on USA before switching to CNBC at 9/8C. USA will broadcast the complete Closing Night competition at 8/7C on Tuesday, February 10th.

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/

VampiressRN

Posted: 2009-02-10 8:05 pm   Permalink

The Winner of the 133rd Westminster Dog Show is.....

Stumps...the Sussex Spaniel

dogbytes

Posted: 2009-02-11 9:16 pm   Permalink

Trader Pup's younger half-brother won the breed ~ upset victory, better dog beats the #1 eskie of all time.. HA!

next year, we'll be at the Garden..

VampiressRN

Posted: 2010-02-15 6:51 pm   Permalink

The Westminster is on tonight & tomorrow night.

dogbytes...if you are watching...sure you laughed when the American Eskimo Dog jumped right up on the examining table...cracked me up.

GO DOGGIES GO DOGGIES GO DOGGIES

dogbytes

Posted: 2010-02-16 08:34 am   Permalink

Vamp ~ im in NYC ~ Trader Pup did not win, Inuk did again. this was an incredibly political statement in the eskie ring. watch the video, if you know about movement, you'll know what happened.

anyways, im having a GREAT time in the Big Apple. it's snowing today.. and there's Sporting, Working and Terriers tonight.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation