FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Westminster Dog Show
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Westminster Dog Show
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-16 8:15 pm   Permalink

Oh kewl...didn't know you were there with your baby...so sorry the win wasn't for you. I will check the video. Damnit...next year I am going to ask for the 2 days off when Westminster is on. Luckily yesterday was a holiday so saw it all. 3 hours commute in killer traffic...just made it home tonight to see best in show (thank goodness for that), but pissed that I missed the other groups.

OK...I liked the Scotty, the Frenchy and the Whippet. I sort of expected the miniature Poodle to win...cause judges like Poodles so much. Was pleasantly surprised when the Scotty won...she was a cutie.

I am sure it is all very political and who blows who...I mean knows who...LOL. Have fun in Nu Yaark.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-16 8:33 pm   Permalink

Hey dogbytes...just watched the Eskimo Group video. Which one was yours? I didn't know you had to show in such a small space when you are doing that part of the judging. I will have to catch you on shout so we can kabitz about the details.

The Subaru commercials were hysterical!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0-D9jZtFWs

Will be back shortly with pic of the winner as soon as they post it on the web.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2010-02-16 20:49 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-16 11:17 pm   Permalink

vamp: my guy was handled by the Japanese American lady, Laurie Jordan Fenner.

Two PETA protesters tried to steal the show by running into the ring shortly after Best in Show started and unfurled two signs over their heads. The signs read "Mutts Rule" and "Breeders Kill Shelter Dogs Chances". Security guards quickly removed them from the ring.

i was screaming TACKLE THEM!! wishful thinking. talked to security guard after, they said they're not allowed. and the 2 women were on the 5th floor locked in security

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-17 02:09 am   Permalink

Wow...interesting. I thought the show seemed rather lackluster and cut off at the end. Usually a little more celebrating of the winner with picture posing, etc.

dogbytes, OK...yes, remember Trader Pup then and that handler...will watch again. That first one that was on the video looked more like a large Pomeranian...LOL.

Here is a picture of Sadie, the winner.

talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-17 3:11 pm   Permalink

like the pedigree commerical says..."dogs rule".

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-23 2:38 pm   Permalink

Giving a shout out to the dawg crowd. Westminster is set for Monday, February 14 and Tuesday, February 15th. USA will air (schedule below).

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

USA Network and CNBC will be home to The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show presented by Pedigree®, for the 28th consecutive year in 2011. USA Network and CNBC air exclusive live coverage from Madison Square Garden on Monday, February 14, and USA Network airs exclusive live coverage on Tuesday, February 15.

Schedule

NIGHT 1:
Monday, February 14
Hound, Toy, Non-Sporting and Herding Groups
8-9 p.m. (ET) live on USA Network
9-11 p.m. (ET) live on CNBC

NIGHT 2:
Tuesday, February 15
Sporting, Working and Terrier Groups, Best In Show
8-11 p.m. (ET) live on USA Network

Breed judging highlight videos are available throughout the day on Monday and Tuesday on the Westminster Web site. These highlights will be available after the show, as well.

To our West Coast viewers: Please note that the West Coast telecast is delayed for your time zone. Since results are posted to our Web site as they occur live, if you want to enjoy the drama of the moment, please avoid the Westminster Web site after 5 p.m. Pacific Time on each evening.

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-23 3:39 pm   Permalink

Trader Pup and I will be there ~ if we win, we'll be in the NonSporting Group!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-23 3:42 pm   Permalink

Fabulous...I'll be looking for you and the best of luck to you...you're a winner in my book!!! GO TRADER GO TRADER GO TRADER

bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-24 8:29 pm   Permalink

Yay - go Trader Pup! I'll be watching!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-16 8:48 pm   Permalink

Well, drat; I managed to miss it entirely this year. Congrats to Trader Pup for competing, hope it was a great time.

I was pleasantly surpised to see the winner this morning; I like when real dogs win!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/westminster_dog_show

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-17 10:42 am   Permalink

"I like when real dogs win!"

Do you mean dogs that weigh at least 50 lbs? Anything else should be in the Westminster Rodent Show

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-17 12:37 pm   Permalink

Exactly!

This thing looks like a rabid tribble

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-08 6:01 pm   Permalink

Westminster Dog Show....tonight they host (CNBC) 7pm PST Agility Finals.

Monday & Tuesday night the dog show.
http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/#theshow

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation