FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Rums to watch for ?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Rums to watch for ?
defaultet
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-30 11:59 am   Permalink

Nope, didn't declare anything. I've been over the border quite a few times and they've never questioned me about anything or searched my car. From other posts it sounds like it's a big deal if you get caught. I don't think you get in trouble, but apparently you get flagged or something. I made a point to mention other stuff I bought, cuz I think that comes as more natural. Oh yeah, I bought some jewelry, blahblahblah, and then if they did happen to search my car "Oh yeah, I forgot about that."

Anyway, next time I think I'll put it more hidden in my luggage so if they do decide to look around they'd have to look a little harder.

View Profile of defaultet Send a personal message to defaultet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 2:26 pm   Permalink

I've never had a problem coming back into US, mostly just a wave through, but they always do ask, where I was, and if I bought anything, also, the Canadian side always asks if I am bringing in alcohol or tobacco. Which makes no sense cause the only problem is bringing Can. back to US. The best way to lie is forget. But I never do have anything, just a couple a times with alcohol when I was 19 and that Cuban cigar once.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
defaultet
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-03 07:31 am   Permalink

teaKEY,
Huh, that's interesting. I've never been asked coming in from Canada if I'm bringing in alcohol or tobacco. I think if I was asked specifically I would probably tell. But I'd still play dumb that I didn't know it's illegal. That's why i didn't buy any Cuban cigars. I don't really smoke and I couldn't tell the difference anyway, so why would I want to risk smuggling cigars over the border?

View Profile of defaultet Send a personal message to defaultet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ukulare
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-06 6:35 pm   Permalink

Bringing Cuban rum into the States from Canada is as bad as bringing in Cuban cigars (or anything from Cuba, for that matter). You don't want to get caught. You'll lose your booze for sure, maybe get a hand slap, but that 'flagging' is the worse! You'll get hassled everytime you try to cross the border-- and it may go on for years. I travel to Canada weekly for business so I can't afford to jeopardize my livelyhood for a bottle of rum.

That's why I had a Canadian friend bring me over a bottle of Havana Club 7 year old last week. LOL

View Profile of Ukulare Send a personal message to Ukulare  Email Ukulare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation