FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » How about ambient music for TC?
How about ambient music for TC?
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-16 6:07 pm   Permalink

I was checking out the web site for the new Saturn Sky and there's this lovely ambient music. Also, at Halfmooninn.com, the web site for Humphrey's in San Diego, you can choose between 3 "ambiance" sounds. In fact, I'm listening to the second one right now, Madge! I have 2 screens going at once and just leave that music on.

Wouldn't it be AWESOME FABULOUS FANTASTIC SUPER NEAT-O to have this kind of ambiance on TC?!!

I keep trying to float the idea of having the sound byte from the Brady Bunch Tiki episodes pop up from time to time...

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-16 7:25 pm   Permalink

Vegas Vic offers some good tunes to surf TC by. Its a great compliment to the silent TC site

http://www.vegasvics.com/

Download a Podcast or listen to his station on Live365.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-16 8:08 pm   Permalink

Yes! But I want it to play when you log on! And you could chose from like 3 songs that day/week/month/quarter.

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-16 11:19 pm   Permalink

as lots of us views at work TC, I don't think that's a good idea.
Plus, I'm watching Tiki central almost 2 hours of the day, in different session, so I won't like to have the same background music to it. But I'm usually listening to my LPs at home. And I don't like when a website force you to hear some music you don't always like...
just my thoughts

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 05:10 am   Permalink

Yeah, I kinda agree with virani. I don't really like websites that force music on you. I just fire up iTunes, click on my exotica playlist and surf away...

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 08:21 am   Permalink

I like Vegas Vics too but also keep a handy stack of jazz, lounge, historical polynesian and exotica CD's right next to my computer!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 08:23 am   Permalink

Every web site I've been to w/ AM has a capability to choose @ 3-4 or mute. So it wouldn't be an issue. I was mainly thinking of the exposure of tiki music to folks who haven't experienced it before. I was once woefully unaware of the swank sounds of Denny, FT, LOT, etc.. and only found out about them after many visits to TC. Just a thought...

gwenners
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-17 09:06 am   Permalink

Add me to the "not a great idea" crowd. I've never liked websites that push music on a viewer, not since the days of tinny midis. Besides, I have the music I want to listen to on iTunes while I surf -- why screw that up?

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

View Profile of gwenners Send a personal message to gwenners  Goto the website of gwenners     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 7:06 pm   Permalink

There's also the problem of copyright. You can't just put them up on your site and play them without paying someone (or risk a fine or a "cease and desist" letter). I'm not sure how Vegas Vic is getting away with it.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-17 10:47 pm   Permalink

No. I hate it when people force me to listen to something

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Lapu Lapu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-18 4:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-17 19:06, GatorRob wrote:
There's also the problem of copyright. You can't just put them up on your site and play them without paying someone (or risk a fine or a "cease and desist" letter). I'm not sure how Vegas Vic is getting away with it.

Anyone know any good lawyer jokes? I like the idea of music on the website but something that could be controlled like the Hukilau 05 website. It had several songs that could be played or not.

View Profile of Chief Lapu Lapu Send a personal message to Chief Lapu Lapu  Goto the website of Chief Lapu Lapu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation