FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 5:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who entered! There were so many great designs! I was really impressed with everyone's creativity and dedication to the contest. My congratulations go out to everyone who participated. With so many entries, the judging was tough. But in the end a clear winner rose up among the others.

Our Winner:

Congratulations Chongholio! The Tiki Central Ohana Hut is our winner!

But beauty does come at a price. Because it's such large, detailed, two piece mug (bowl, really), it is not going to be cheap, and it ain't going to be quick to produce. But we're sure the final product will be worth it.

Stuckie and I spent a lot of time debating whether or not we should pick such an expensive mug as the winner. Making this mug is going to take some time, and will likely be priced outside of a some member's budgets, and for a bit I wondered if we should choose a design that would be more in line with Shecky's original price. But after discussing it with Stuckie and a few other members, and considering how clearly in won it the judging, we decided to go forward with it. After all, it does represent what Tiki Central is all about. And I think it's going to be a fantastic collectible for everyone here on TC.

At this point I have NO OTHER DETAILS. No final price or shipping date has been set. We'll give people plenty of notification before they go on sale though.

At this time I will not be announcing the runner-ups. Congratulations to the winner!

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 5:27 pm   Permalink

GREAT choice and congratulations Chongolio!!
Now where do I sign up?

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 5:29 pm   Permalink

Yahooo! CONGRATULATIONS Congolio! Excellent, excellent design!!!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-17 5:30 pm   Permalink

I want it NOW!

[ This Message was edited by: dogbytes 2006-02-17 17:30 ]

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 5:30 pm   Permalink

congrats chongo!!!!!!!!!! Yours was my fav....cant wait to see the final product...

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 5:34 pm   Permalink

Yea! Congrats!!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 5:34 pm   Permalink

No Kiddin' !!!?:?? No $@#%$$ way!!! That is so AWESOME!! I thought the complexity was gonna knock me out for sure. WOO HOOO! Thanks you so much for havin' this contest and big thanks to Paul and Miles for helpin' to pull this off. A big hug to all the judges. And another big thanky to everybody who entered! It must of been a tough decision to make. YEAH!!! I am so stoked I am going to have to pull my head out of the ceiling! This is the one of the coolest things I have ever won!!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 5:40 pm   Permalink

Congrats Chongolio I am soo glad they picked your "Hut". I think the judges made the right choice. I also think there were some other great mugs in there as well. I am excited to see who the runner ups are Too!!! I can't wait to have a Chongolio TC Bowl!!!!
Sincerely,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 5:45 pm   Permalink

WORD to the chongo man!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 5:57 pm   Permalink

It's just what I've always wanted... fill the house with rum and slurp it all down. Congrats Chongolio! It's a beautiful design deserving of praise.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 6:04 pm   Permalink

I love this design and am thrilled Chongo won!

I'm wondering if the (gasp!) design could be simplified a bit to make it simpler, smaller and more affordable. In the drawing it's more rectangular in shape (from the top view). Why not make it more of a square mug with a lid? I think the spirit and feeling of the design would translate well to a bigger or smaller version. It could still have 2 or more straw holes so you and your ohana could all drink from it. Just a thought.

Congrats again to Chongolio and all who entered! Can't wait to get mine.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 6:07 pm   Permalink

Way to go Chongolio!

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 6:13 pm   Permalink

A GORgeous choice, judges!
It's beaUtiful, Chongolio!! And you had some STIFF-ass competition!!
The TC Ohana Hut surely does symbolize what we're all about.

I cannot WAIT to see one in person
(since I already fear I'll be one of the outside-of-some-members'-budgets people )!
But I'll admire enviously!!

Congratulations!!!!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 6:32 pm   Permalink

Thats one hell of a concept. Cant wait to see the finished product. Get me on that list for one.. It doesnt surprise me that Paul and Stuckie were in on this with you either Chongo...Great minds work alike. Congratulations, dude. That looks to be one great piece of art. FreddieB

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 6:55 pm   Permalink

Congrats Chongholio , hey any thought on selling copies of the mug design I know I'd buy one !! Even if everyone couldn't afford the mug they could have something close like the design maybe even signed and numbered ?! HEY JUST A THOUGHT

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation