FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 5:39 pm   Permalink

Drool.......

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pik0

Posted: 2006-03-20 9:04 pm   Permalink

Very coolio!!!

I wouldn't pass up to purchase a design based on Chongo's drawing!!

Piko

[ This Message was edited by: pik0 2006-03-20 21:05 ]

View Profile of pik0 Send a personal message to pik0  Email pik0 Goto the website of pik0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 01:49 am   Permalink

Oh my god, what a huge job! Very impressive.

View Profile of hmc Send a personal message to hmc  Goto the website of hmc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 09:16 am   Permalink

It looks to be bulging with alcohol in the second picture. It looks large.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 11:02 am   Permalink

It looks huge, any chance of a picture with Shecky* beside it so we can get a sense of how big the finished hut will be?

*i was trying to think of an object that would transend international boundries for example i know how big a four person haggis is but not how big a babe ruth bar is.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigkahuna627
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-24 03:07 am   Permalink

that looks like the first vessel that i might never see the bottom of. how many quarts?

View Profile of bigkahuna627 Send a personal message to bigkahuna627  Email bigkahuna627 Goto the website of bigkahuna627     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 09:44 am   Permalink

Heres another days work. Just need to clean up the detail. Shouldnt be long now. Once I finish up the detail on the bottom area I'll flip it over and add the bamboo stilts. The tiki central sign above the door will be carved into the mold

-stuckie

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 09:49 am   Permalink

Cherry O, I like how the Shecky is different on the new mug. I am going to have to make major room at the center of my collection for this puppy. Hey, this coould be the house for all of Munk's shots.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 09:56 am   Permalink

I just need to know if I'm all alone here: Is anyone else thinking this is a silly drinking vessel? I mean it looks great and I'd like one but wouldn't it make a better cookie jar?

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigkahuna627
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-24 10:12 am   Permalink

yeah, its silly. when i finish it im gonna use that roof as a hat.

View Profile of bigkahuna627 Send a personal message to bigkahuna627  Email bigkahuna627 Goto the website of bigkahuna627     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 10:43 am   Permalink

Zazz! That is looking so cool! I can't take my eyes off it. I just spoke with Stuckie and he has the petal to the metal. We are waitin' for the final Okilly dokilly from Hanford about the side and back wall items and with any luck the mold will be finished this weekend!

Pappy once you drink out of it with a few of your friends all your reservations will lost.

Bigkahuna, When you wear your lid make sure to get a pic in a Monkeyman t-shirt and send it over to MM.

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 10:47 am   Permalink

It will go good with Tikifarms cookie jar.

bigkahuna627
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-24 10:58 am   Permalink

The pic will be me lying on the floor with a broken lid.

Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 11:10 am   Permalink

you could use it to hold your pina colada gum...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 12:08 pm   Permalink

That is coming along very nicely and looks amazing. Even if it is slightly silly in one way or another it is definately a fun piece and most fun things in life are at least a little silly.

I'm realizing this contest is more than a come up with an idea and it becomes a mug type deal. It's really a leaning experiance in seeing the whole process from concept to production mug. We did see this with the Katrina mug but the having everyone participate and having the mood be much lighter around the project has given it other qualities which I'm just now realizing.

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation