FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2006-05-19 8:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-19 20:19, bigtikidude wrote:
I don't want to sound like cray baby.
BUt would it be possible to do the Huts or some of the huts in Brown or tan instead of green?

I mean I'll take a green if that's all there is, But I think the other colors would be more natural looking.
my 2 cents

(whoooosh) that was me ducking someone throwing a shoe at me.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

I agree with Jeff. Brown or tan is preferable to my eyes. Just leave the Shecky part green.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 9:15 pm   Permalink

I also agree - it truly is a fantastic drinking vessel - I think that it deserves more detailed painting. I'm not suggesting photo-realism - just some artful nuances of Tiki Mug colors. It's a large piece , I think it could use some increased definition and wow factor! It will definitely be the most talked about piece in any Tiki Mug collection!!!! Nice Job to all involved!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 3:16 pm   Permalink

What if the mug is sold exclusively through Tikicentral (althought, its ok that TC is open to the public) and we would get our TC name on the bottom. Example, if I went to sell my mug of Ebay, it would have teaKEY on the bottom.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-23 4:12 pm   Permalink

Chongolio & Stuckie rock!!

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 5:54 pm   Permalink

Well shocky ducky green happens to be my favorite color.....the whole thing looks great!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-23 8:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-19 20:44, Jungle Trader wrote:
.......I will only buy one IF it's hand painted to look like the real thing.

AMEN!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 10:09 pm   Permalink

On 2006-05-23 20:18, tikiskip wrote:
Quote:

No doubt that would be cool. But also consider:
A) Cost to manufacturer possibly hundreds of ultra detailed handpainted tiki huts! I want to buy this thing without selling a bloody kidney! Its already gonna cost me 25% more than you US guys cause of exchange rate, then I have to add postage to the other side of the world! If the item is to celebrate TC and its community, wouldnt making it financially viable for more members be a better option than only the rich tiki ohana getting a look in? Perhaps the option of a green hut for us on limited incomes and a fully painted/detailed hut option for those with more cash?
A) TC is green!If we have one color, that jungle green reflects TC better than anything else.

My 2 cents worth.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 07:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-23 22:09, hewey wrote:
On 2006-05-23 20:18, tikiskip wrote:
Quote:

[quote}Perhaps the option of a green hut for us on limited incomes and a fully painted/detailed hut option for those with more cash?

My thoughts exactly hewey, just like C' Al did with the Ape mug.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 5:12 pm   Permalink

I thought Huts are usually Brown or Tan looking?????
Maybe I'm crazy....

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 7:25 pm   Permalink

Hmmmm, well the drawing was in green,. so I did it in green.

-stuckie

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 11:53 pm   Permalink

green is good. too many brown mugs already...

keep up the great work stuckie....

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-25 7:07 pm   Permalink

STAND UP! and embrace your GREENNESS!!!

Wikipedia reference:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Bein' Green" is a popular song performed by Kermit the Frog (voice of Jim Henson) on Sesame Street in 1972, then performed on The Muppet Show. It was written by Joe Raposo.

"It's not easy being green" is a phrase which appears in pop culture as an expression of melancholy. In the song, Kermit begins by lamenting his green colouration, claiming that green "blends in with so many ordinary things". The song is associated with problems with identity, and failure of individuality. It can also be interpreted in terms of social alienation, and more specifically, the inequalities created by race. Green has connotations of naivety and jealousy, and descriptions of green have ranged from "high praise to pure disgust", but these ideas are not represented in the song. By the end of the song, Kermit recalls positive associations with the colour green, and concludes by accepting and embracing his greenness.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now there...there...doesn't that make it all better!?!?

Color mine 'Eazy G', Stuckie!!! SsweeetT!

Flip-fl0p-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 3:44 pm   Permalink

I know its kind of late for some input, but maybe to accomodate everyones interest, Maybe glaze the roof in a tan/brown color and the hut green, only because they are 2 different pieces .It's just an idea, and I only know a few people here on tikicentral, but that would seem to be the easiest way??

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-27 2:34 pm   Permalink

Question: How do you get 1000 different people to agree on the same thing?

It's green because green is the main tiki central color. My concept was for it to reflect TC and the member's interest. The color was part of my entry and I think it should be green. Stuckie stepped up and added tan highlights and detail which I like and think added much more to the overall design. Personally, I am stoked with the colors and the way the mug looks and costs. Stuckie brought a concept to life and it looks EXACTLY the way I envisioned it. If Hanford and Stuckie want to change or add colors I am totally cool with it. But for the record, it was designed to be green.

If Hanford and Stuckie want to take this a step further, I am more than willing to create a print or hand paint mugs. It's their call but rest assured, it will cost $$$. Sorry folks, my landlord could care less about any of this and still expects to get paid with money not mana.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-27 10:21 pm   Permalink

yeah yeah, Chongolio if they will let you hand paint one for me, I'll buy it.
Dig it!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation