FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 10:57 pm   Permalink

That is gonna look so cool on a shelf and will really contrast the shapes of other mugs. Diversity rules! Thanks for giving us more of it, Chongolio!

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 11:35 pm   Permalink

WOW! Grand Members are guaranteed to get one, right?

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 01:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-17 17:34, Chongolio wrote:
I thought the complexity was gonna knock me out for sure. WOO HOOO!

I knew you had it.
Not also thanking the judges, but for Hanford and Munktiki for havin' the coconuts to do such a piece of art.
An instant classic.
ALRIGHT RANDY!!!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 01:40 am   Permalink

yeeeaaaah. Great, I'm happy it won. Congratulations, and thanks to Hanford and Munktiki. This is gonna be a great piece of art. And that way, Shecky will remain the TC mug, this new design will be the bowl.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 01:48 am   Permalink

I'm gonna start savin' now, so when it does start comin' off da line, it won't be "too expensive" for this people! Great "outside of da box/mug" thinkin', Randy!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 05:50 am   Permalink

I got a call from Chongolio last night telling me that he won. This is awesome news. His design was, hands down, the winner from the beginning. Cheers to Randy for thinking "outside the box".

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 06:10 am   Permalink

Chongo, Very Well done indeed! Yours was one of my favorites and I'm so glad you won. I'm sure it is gonna be Beautiful and I can't wait to get mine.
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 06:20 am   Permalink

Talk about raisin' da roof.
Congrats.

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 06:23 am   Permalink

The design looks great. Time to go clear off a shelf in the bar.

tj

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 06:51 am   Permalink

Randy,

WAY TO GO! Congratulations on your design being chosen. The second I saw it, I knew we had a winner.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 07:01 am   Permalink

Speaking as one of the 3000 judges, I can truly say that this design caught my eye because of one thing...

...The Uke.

So there you have it, Chongo.
Pandering does have its rewards.

Absolutely FANTASTIC!

It was one of my choices but I thought it might be too difficult to produce.

Many other great designs, as well - The Lemoai MUST be made.
It just must.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 07:05 am   Permalink

Congratulations Chongolio! Beautiful piece and a great design! Looking forward to seeing the "Real McCoy." Hats off to the judges.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-18 07:44 am   Permalink

Congratulations Chongolio;

The unique and innovative design of your entry certainly caught my attention. It was fun being a judge for this contest, and I do hope that at least several of the many other mug designs will someday come to full 3-D life.

So, is someone going to design little tiny figurines of various Tiki Central Members? Then we could fill the Ohana Hut with good rum, and create a scale-sized Ohana Hut rum swimming pool for all of us to immerse ourselves in.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 08:40 am   Permalink

Great Mug! I can't wait to see it and buy it!!

Congrats Chongolio!

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 08:44 am   Permalink

No surprises here.... Chongo is one talented dude.

Nice Job to all who submitted and big props to Munktiki for taking on the project.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation