FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
Rum Demon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 09:27 am   Permalink

Excellent choice! That piece is going to be a stand out hit in any collection. Totally unique. Congratulations!

And if we're counting heads yet I'd also like to add: "I WANT ONE!!"

-Joe

View Profile of Rum Demon Send a personal message to Rum Demon  Goto the website of Rum Demon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 09:35 am   Permalink

Put me on the list too!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 10:23 am   Permalink

Excellent choice - I'll definitely need one! Do Grand Members get first dibs?! Hanford I know you said you didn't have any further details but is there any way we can we get some dimensions so that we can start making room on our shelves???

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 10:52 am   Permalink

Good Idea, MTM.

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 12:04 pm   Permalink

By the way, the use of the phrase "fresh mint" in your design is a clear violation of copyrights wholly owned by The Crazed Mugs and we hereby declare that you owe us .002% of all profits from the sale of said mug and/or drinking apparatus.

Besides, it's spelled "FRESH MINT!"

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
smgleason47
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 12:08 pm   Permalink

Wahoo. A great mug concept. Can hardly wait. As a TC member who joined post Shecky, I am very excited to own this very unique hut (with mini Shecky attached). Now where is the order info?? I'm not missing out on this one...

michael g

View Profile of smgleason47 Send a personal message to smgleason47  Email smgleason47     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 2:09 pm   Permalink

That's AWESOME, Randy! I'm glad they chose to do yours in spite of the complexity. It will be the most unique tiki vessel on the shelf and well worth the cost, whatever it is. I'm no mixologist, but someone needs to create a special and unique tiki drink to accompany this party bowl!

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freaktiki13
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-18 2:37 pm   Permalink

Gotta have it - Gotta have it - Gotta have it!!

Don't leave me off the list. This mug will be a true centerpiece.

View Profile of Freaktiki13 Send a personal message to Freaktiki13  Email Freaktiki13     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 3:27 pm   Permalink

I certainly want one. Of course around here people will wonder why I have a maple syrup lodge with straw holes.

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 4:39 pm   Permalink

What an awesome design. I definitely want one. Kudos to Chongholio for such a sweet design!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-18 7:20 pm   Permalink

The Moai Lounge is in dire need of Ohana Hut!!!

Can't wait...

Scottiki

View Profile of Scottiki Send a personal message to Scottiki  Email Scottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 7:28 pm   Permalink

Awesome looking mug! Man that thing is so extravagent "mug" seems to be lesten its value. I gotta start saving...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pyro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-18 8:57 pm   Permalink

Great idea. I want one!

View Profile of Pyro Send a personal message to Pyro  Email Pyro Goto the website of Pyro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 03:19 am   Permalink

Congratulations Chongholio!

Hanford was kind enough to include me as one of the judges, and the Tiki Central Ohana Hut was my clear favourite, despite the excellent array of mugs up for judging. There was a brief moment of hesitation when I thought that it would be too difficult to make, but then I figured 'where there's a will, there's a way'.
Also, I've got a little Tiki ceramic hut that demonstrates that they aren't impossible to make. This one actually serves as an incense burner.

Anyway, a great competition and I think the best man won. Saying that, it would be nice to see the second and third place designs (which are inevitably easier to produce) made into mugs too. I don't suppose there's any chance of this?

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-19 08:40 am   Permalink

I found the contest the night it ended. I looked at every design and this was the one that stuck in my mind. So happy it won. Part of Dan's collection involves building Polynesian villages. Each has huts and all of his smallest tiki collectibles. Wouldn't it be wonderful if this became a yearly item with a different hut each time, we could move up to larger villages placing our larger tikis like Coco Joe's around them. Congratulations but I think all of us are the winners when we add this one to our collections. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation