Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Gustavo Pimentel
Gustavo Pimentel
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 02:28 am   Permalink

thanks to mexicovers.blogspot.com I went to this website http://thecollector100.tripod.com/ and got the Gustavo Pimentel "percussiones" album. There's the best version of Bali Hai I've heard.
Fantastic album

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 5:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-18 02:28, virani wrote:
thanks to mexicovers.blogspot.com I went to this website http://thecollector100.tripod.com/ and got the Gustavo Pimentel "percussiones" album. There's the best version of Bali Hai I've heard.
Fantastic album

Thanks for the tip Virani. It is a great album and a great version of Bali Hai. My favorite, though, is still Tak Shindo's version. In fact, I think it's my favorite exotica track of all time.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 08:36 am   Permalink

Is this gone already? Dang, that's what happens when I leave town for a long weekend. If anyone has a direct link, I'd appreciate it for the sheer vanity of it. That's my last name (but I'm not related as far as I know.)

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 11:47 am   Permalink

Damn. I can't find it anymore...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 03:15 am   Permalink

Virani,

It's a GREAT CD. And I agree, that version of Bali Hai is just amazing. "The Collector," I might add, is being very generous to let me play his downloads on my show! I played a cut this week - Prisionero del Mar - along with something off Roy Harte & Milt Holland's Perfect Percussion, another Collector find.

I, Zobmie

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation