FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Tikiskip's / Kahiki lamp,Tiki bar lights, fishing float light
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 )
Tikiskip's / Kahiki lamp,Tiki bar lights, fishing float light
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-12-22 04:40 am   Permalink

Thanks ATP!!

Just a reminder that now is the time to buy bulbs for your tiki bar lighting.
I like to use the C7 and sometimes the C9 Christmas type bulbs in my lights.
They burn cool and they don’t use a bunch of power as well.
BUT it can be hard to find these bulbs at times other than Christmas.

I had to get some of mine from eBay this year.

Good Luck!!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-12-23 09:53 am   Permalink

MERRY CHRISTMAS TC!!!
From Tikiskip.

¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸SNOWMEN SCORE!!!¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸

¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 15 days ago; 5:42 pm   Permalink

I've read this thread before and have commented on it before as well, but since i started making my own lights i went back and looked at every page again last night. Some seriously amazing work here Skip. Such a huge variety of pieces and your rope work on the floats is just incredible. That's something i'll have to tackle myself one day but even when i do, it's going to take a LOT of practice to get anywhere near the quality of your work.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 15 days ago; 6:30 pm   Permalink

It's time Skip.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 14 days ago; 06:24 am   Permalink

"It's time Skip."

That means a lot coming from you.

I kid, I don't know what that means.

Two words "Chili Sauce"!

"Jungle Love" Morris Day & The Time 1984
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZCiLAqMQZY

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2016-01-29 14:26 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 14 days ago; 07:05 am   Permalink

Skip, have you tried using any of the new LED light bulbs in your Lamps yet
It seems a ton of different socket & bulb styles have been made available
in the last 6 months. (check amazon.com to see what I mean)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_2?fst=as%3Aon&rh=n%3A228013%2Cn%3A322525011%2Cn%3A2314207011%2Ck%3Aled+bulbs&page=2&keywords=led+bulbs&ie=UTF8&qid=1454079842&spIA=B018G29HL6,B017QU35A8,B018I815IQ

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 14 days ago; 08:29 am   Permalink

Let's do the Time Warp again.

Hey thanks Swizz I'm glad you got something out of it and your lights are cool.
But really your mugs are very cool, and your Bob o nut is one of the coolest tiki bobs out.
It would be a shame if you stopped making mugs.
(see Swizz Bob u Nut here)
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=39105&forum=18&start=150

Thanks ATP for the tip.
I have looked at LED and found some of them have a directional light beam.
In other words the LED C7s And C9s just don't work at all.

Also the larger LED standard base lights often have a bluish cast that I hate.( mostly home use)
I have to say that I cannot believe that we are in an age where the government can tell
us what kind of F*&^ing lights we can or cannot use!
Ok no politics.

Plus my main goal when I do make lights is to look like they are old, like from the Kahiki.
Just don't think the LED light fits that goal.
That is my view and if people like LED and make it work in their space all good too.
This tiki world is mostly fake and how you get the right look does not matter as long
as it works.

I did work at OSU as an electrician for a bit and changed lights for years and in this
time found that florescent lights burned out ALL over campus right after a power outage.
This makes me think that we will find that these LED lights also do not have the long life that we are told about.
They have transformers in them that would pop the light is my point.
I doubt that when testing the LED lights that they did real life tests that included power outages and surges from power going back on.
But maybe they did who knows.

Look I still have an answering machine and no cell phone so...
My brother thinks that is so funny.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2016-01-29 14:35 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 14 days ago; 10:00 am   Permalink

Just as long as you are not still using a "FAX" machine, Skip

P.S. Vintage style LED lights are now available to, I am sold on these
as they really do make a big difference when the electric bill arrives.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Toli
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2 days ago; 06:29 am   Permalink

Just went through this whole thread for the 4th or 5th time trying to get some ideas. Skip you do amazing work. When I get the bones up for my new basement build, I'll be reaching out to you.

View Profile of Tiki Toli Send a personal message to Tiki Toli      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2 days ago; 08:28 am   Permalink

Dam ATP just looked at those lights you posted and they are not cheep!
Would almost double the cost on one of my lights.

And Tiki Toli don't know if we have met or not, but hey your right here like
a bit over an hour away?

And thank you.
Have had some tiki people that come over we go to Windward and talk about taking over the tiki world, HA! I kid, we just drink.
But it is fun, want to have a get together with a few folks this summer we can collect dues
wear hats, elect officers, HA! again I kid, we will drink and maybe make tiki crap.

Again thanks, will PM if we ever do anything.

Tiki Toli
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2 days ago; 09:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-02-10 08:28, tikiskip wrote:
And Tiki Toli don't know if we have met or not, but hey your right here like
a bit over an hour away?

Cbus is about 2 hours away. I hang with the Cleveland people all the time but never make it down there which is my loss and something I need to remedy.

View Profile of Tiki Toli Send a personal message to Tiki Toli      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2 days ago; 10:44 am   Permalink

Ok so like mike and marie?
Come up with them next time.

We need to come to that tiki bar porky's.

Know that's not the name but that's what I'm going to call it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation