FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis 6 in San Diego - Book Now!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 6 in San Diego - Book Now!
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-18 7:41 pm   Permalink

Tiki Oasis travels to the sea!
Tiki News is proud to announce the 6th annual Tiki Oasis - The Magic of Tiki - in San Diego, CA
San Diego beckons us with its long, rich, Tiki history and abundance of surviving and new Tiki sites.

May 4 - 7, 2006
Join the Tiki Oasis fun by staying at The Hanalei hotel AND a spend an evening by the Bay at the Bali Hai.

DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL OR RESTAURANT FOR BOOKING ANY ASPECTS OF THIS EVENT
Tickets and room booking available at:
www.tikioasis.com

Three nights and 2 days of Tiki fun!
To get the real Tiki Oasis experience we highly recommend you stay at the Hanalei Hotel all four days. Imagine hanging out by the pool with dozens of fellow Tiki lovers (bring your pool toys and squirt guns). As the evening approaches follow the Tiki torches to the Islands restaurant where you can dine beside an indoor waterfall and lagoon surrounded by Polynesian artifacts and hanging fish floats. After sampling a Pirate Grog served in a skull mug, stumble back to your room. On your way take a detour into the secluded Tiki atrium and listen to the soft waterfall serenade. Off in the distance you here the exciting sounds of a room party in one of the Tower Suites. Grab a bottle of rum, bucket of ice or a can of pineapple juice and c'mon in - its Tiki Oasis time!

Thursday May 4th - Tiki Oasis Pre-Party
8 pm - 10pm, Free
Thursday night will kick off with a live performance by the Maikai Gents in the bar of the Islands restaurant at the Hanalei Hotel. Meet friends, make new friends, be the first one in the jacuzzi before the weekend starts.

In the late afternoon arriving hotel guests may want to acquaint themselves with the town by taking a Tiki tour with Marc and Darlynne of Wheretours.com 619-917-6037

Friday May 5th - Bali Hai party by the Bay
doors 6:30 pm til last call
$18 Those 17 and under are free if accompanied by an adult.
Carpool or ride the double decker bus to Shelter Island for a post-dinner party by the bay. King Kukulele, DJ Phast Phreddie (Brooklyn), The Sand Devils, Ape, and a special surprise guest.

We recommend you make dinner reservations at the Bali Hai prior to the event.

Saturday May 6th - The Magic of Tiki
doors 6 pm, LIVE entertainment 6:30pm - 10pm
Stay for after the show movie til midnight
$25 Those 17 and under are free if accompanied by an adult.
Experience the Magic of Tiki under the big tent at the Hanalei Hotel. Expect the finest in musical sets from Maikai Gents, King Kukulele, Ape, Shag with a Twist mini show, burlesque entertianment and across the desert sands of Nevada, live from Las Vegas, the only Tiki magician - James Dimmare. Stay for the late night movie after the show.

Prior to the show we recommend you make a reservation for dinner at the Islands restaurant. 619-297-1101

Saturday and Sunday May 6th and 7th - Tiki Shopping Bazaar
from 10 - 5 pm (open to the public)
Wander the Tiki bazaar in search of treasures. Kids can join King Kukulele's Tiki tour of the Hanalei or adults can grab a drink and enjoy Otto's "Sventiki Tour of Hanalei's Tiki Atrium" (Times T.B.A.)

Also check out a guided or self-guided Tiki tour of San Diego's rich Tiki sites. Wheretours.com is booking bike tours of San Diego Tiki sites for Sunday, Thursday and/or Friday.

Sunday May 7th
Shop while listening to DJed tunes, check out the annual Uke Jam led by Uncle Judd of The Maikai Gents at noon and join Tiki Oasis attendees for a secret Sunday happy hour at 5:30 all FREE of charge and open to the public

Tickets and room booking available at:
www.tikioasis.com

Stay an extra day and tour Tijuana, historical San Diego, San Diego Wild Animal Park or Zoo, Marineland, or take a break at Spa Tiki. Check out the ATTRACTIONS section of the Tiki Oasis booking site.

DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL OR RESTAURANTS FOR BOOKING THIS EVENT
all bookings will be handled through the Tiki Oasis website.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomobile
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 10:33 pm   Permalink

See you guys there! I just booked and am starting to count the days. Who else is coming?
Your friend,
Louis

View Profile of Atomobile Send a personal message to Atomobile      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 02:50 am   Permalink

ooooooooooooooooooooooh
I MIGHT ACTUALLY MAKE IT TO THIS!!!!
whoops, sorry bout the caps.
I'm schnockered and excited!
PEa

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 08:46 am   Permalink

OK, I will be the first Dumb-Ass
First I read this

Then

AND
Prior to the show we recommend you make a reservation for dinner at
the Islands restaurant. 619-297-1101

I just want to play by the rules, but since I am s2pid can someone help me.
Contact----yes
Contact----no
Please cicle one

Thank you for your complete understanding and willingness to help

Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-19 09:45 am   Permalink

we're in...all reserved.. printed my tickets.. now the long wait till May!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DrMiguelito
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-19 10:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-19 08:46, thebaxdog wrote:
OK, I will be the first Dumb-Ass
First I read this

Then

AND
Prior to the show we recommend you make a reservation for dinner at
the Islands restaurant. 619-297-1101

I just want to play by the rules, but since I am s2pid can someone help me.
Contact----yes
Contact----no
Please cicle one

Thank you for your complete understanding and willingness to help

I think what this means is that dinner isn't included, so if you want dinner at either venue before the show, you'll have to make reservations with the restaurant. Yes?

Anyway, my tickets are bought and printed out. It's my first-ever oasis, so please be gentle.

View Profile of DrMiguelito Send a personal message to DrMiguelito  Email DrMiguelito     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 10:28 am   Permalink

Yeah, Baby, Tiki Oasis VI! Rebecca and I will be there Wednesday to Sunday. See ya.

View Profile of Wersmo Derinc Send a personal message to Wersmo Derinc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 10:41 am   Permalink

Utopiandreem & I just booked for thursday-monday, whew, no i can relax.

TBird.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bird 2006-02-19 10:42 ]

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 11:07 am   Permalink

"F"in A !!! The Whale Rider and I are booked and ready to Go!! Let the Good Times Roll!!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 11:54 am   Permalink

SoCal or Bust! Just booked for my first BIG event! Yeehaw! It will be great to finally meet up with many of you who I feel I know already! So many tikis, so little time. Arriving Friday morning so we can attend the festivities at the Bali Hai, and leave on Monday afternoon after the smoke clears. See you all soon!

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 12:30 pm   Permalink

The Good Doctor and Pandora are booked, confirmed & printed!!

(Did somebody say "Thursday Night Room Party?" Yup, 4th annual, so be there!)

Tiki OaSIX here we come!!

Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 1:34 pm   Permalink

Hey!

Are there any costume/theme contests this year? I've got a "totally wrong" idea for a "Sigfried & Roy" costume...

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 2:59 pm   Permalink

IN!!!!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-19 3:55 pm   Permalink

Tiki Oasis-Here we come! Tickets are printed and the credit card has been abused once again!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-19 4:13 pm   Permalink

whoa...I'm actually going this year...and vending too!

Stop by and say "howdy" or...anything else you'd want to say.

I got a hotel room and everything...very weird...

POLYNESIAC - putting the 'F' back in ART

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac 2006-02-19 16:13 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation