FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis 6 in San Diego - Book Now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 6 in San Diego - Book Now!
goddess-sun
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-19 06:49 am   Permalink

OASIS:

A fertile or green area in an arid region; Something that provides refuge, relief or pleasant contrast.

View Profile of goddess-sun Send a personal message to goddess-sun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-22 08:29 am   Permalink

TIKI OASIS 6 still has a few excellent volunteer opportunities! Earn FAME, FORTUNE, FREE PASSES, COOL SWAG! FUN!

Tiki Oasis needs a few good hands on deck (or on Tiki Mug!)

Hukilau Brown here letting you know the Tiki Oasis VI volunteer hut is still accepting applications for fun-in-the sun volunteer opportunities!

Where else can you work three hours a day, meet everyone at the party and drink on the job! For those that remember last year, YOU NO DRINK E'NUF MAI TAI, BRAH! I think we all had fun.

I will be acting out as the Volunteer Wrangler again this year and a hearty e' kono mai tai to all new volunteers as well as the returning Volunteer Ohana.

First reply, first served! I'll publish the next schedule soon (if the tradewinds get me back to the Tiki Trailer on time)

See you in San D.!

Here's a word about the event from the Kahunas at Tiki News:

Tiki Oasis is a volunteer-run event and we would love YOU to volunteer this year! Please consider taking on one shift and/or sharing a shift with a friend! If you are interested in a FREE ticket to Tiki Oasis then you will be asked to work 1 shift for a pass good for the day you volunteer - work two shifts and get in BOTH DAYS (A $43 VALUE!) We are seeking enthusiastic, friendly and trustworthy folks to add to this unique and fun event.

EVERYONE who volunteers not only gets to be a part of an amazing event but also you will receive a special gift! Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Mateo to see which shifts are available (shifts are assigned on a first come first served basis) E-mail Mateo at:
HukilauBrown@earthlink.net

VOLUNTEER WIKI FAQ:
Q. What can you expect from volunteering?
A. A little work and a lot of FUN!

Q. What jobs are available?
A. Door and Event Support is verifying attendees on the list, issuing wristbands and providing information about the event. Volunteers will have all the info they need to do their job well and have fun doing it! Roaming Wristband Checker is, well, kinda how it sounds. The RWC will work with Security and Staff to make sure everybody has a wristband and is having a good time while respecting the hotel rules and other guests. Tiki News Booth volunteers will represent Tiki News and sell cool stuff. Volunteers should be familiar with the Tiki News publication and will be OKayed by TN staff.

Every year volunteers tell me they had even a better time volunteering because of all the cool and wacky people you meet. Tell your friends and see you at the Oasis!

email HukilauBrown@earthlink.net and put <volunteer> in the subject line

*CLASSIFIED*
Room Crawl Veteran
"I survived 135"

Palu Ohana, Hale Ka'ahele
Pacific Palisades, CA

Home of "Palu, the Wonder Tiki"

View Profile of Hukilau Brown Send a personal message to Hukilau Brown  Email Hukilau Brown Goto the website of Hukilau Brown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-22 08:32 am   Permalink

Couldn't wait for Oasis, so we are in San Diego for a lil tiki hunting now...
I just visited Cobain of TikiLand yesterday...he is helping to decorate at the Oasis (awesome store in San Diego!). He said he would run some stickers for the Oasis. He is talking with Otto about it. They are the transfer, die cut, vinyl type...good quality. Not sure yet on the design, but he's very creative, so I'm sure they'll be awesome. Hopefully, I'll be sporting one on the ole tiki hauler (yeah, well, the '01 Dodge Durango...) by the end of the weekend! Just another fun and cool aspect of Oasis!

2 weeks! -2 weeks?!?! -2 weeks!! -You sound like a parrot!
(See The Money Pit, 1986...Tom Hanks, Shelly Long. When Art Shirk tells a disbelieving Walter (Tom Hanks) that the total destruction of his home will be rebuilt in only 2 weeks. One of our favorite, oft used lines)
Sorry guys...its early and I think I partied too much last night...residual alchohol levels and all...

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-26 7:14 pm   Permalink

Who's staying at The Hanalei for Tiki Oasis 6???

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-26 7:32 pm   Permalink

Hey Boys n Berries. I have an extra ticket for Friday and Saturday night. Anyone needing tickets shoud shoot me an ekablam and let me know. Don't PM me because there is no tellin' when I will get it. First come first serve. By the way I will be stayin' at the Hanalei soakin' up sun and booze like some kind of crazy sponge.
Can't wait to see all y'all.

Cuzzin' Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-26 7:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-26 19:14, WooHooWahine wrote:
Who's staying at The Hanalei for Tiki Oasis 6???

Soccer Tiki and I will be there May 4-7

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-26 11:09 pm   Permalink

Not staying at the hotel, but oh I am gonna shop!!! .. and perhaps maybe have just one little cocktail.. or two

Can't wait!

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-27 2:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-26 19:32, Chongolio wrote:
......I will be stayin' at the Hanalei soakin' up sun and booze like some kind of crazy sponge.
Can't wait to see all y'all.

Cuzzin' Chongolio

You better be askin' Maui (http://fraktali.849pm.com/text/archive/myth/maui.htm) to lend us the sun then! Average temp for S.D. in May is 69 degrees! Brrrrrrr! (Good thing we soaked up all the sun in Tucson last week!!)

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 09:14 am   Permalink

check out what i got for only Yuz Oasis6 folks.....
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19289&forum=12&start=last&0
see ya in a few days!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 11:09 am   Permalink

My extra tickets are gone!
Hey Soccertiki, that is still warmer than what I got up North. It's been plain old cold and grey for days.
C'al- That's NICE!!!
See y'all soon soon soon!!

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 3:08 pm   Permalink

I definitely want one of those awesome necklaces, Crazy Al! Or 3 so I can do the earring thing! Sweet!! I'm perusing your site now to pick out some more stuff. I'll be out of dough before Oasis!!

WooHoo...We'll be at the hotel by about 6:00 pm Thursday. We'll see ya there! We may have a late dinner at Mr Tiki's...I'm drinking all of my meals all weekend, so it oughta get interesting!! Happy happy joy joy!!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 3:26 pm   Permalink

And I know you are all out back on your knees praying to the Tiki Gods for a ton of sunshine and blue skies...right?

(It really works if you pour 1 bottle of Captain Morgan's Tattoo on EACH Tiki, saving a few sprinkles for the 4 winds... and then face each of the 4 winds and recite these words:

"Oh Almighty Tiki, I sacrifice this delicious beverage in your honor. I give it to you and the earth you rest upon with great joy and humblest of heart. I genuflect with utmost respect and worship. I request the favor of your command to the 4 winds to with hold cloud and rain, strong wind and smog. So that we may all gather in your honor and give much praise to you, oh worthy one. We will trade in peace and love, bringing more Tiki home at journey's end." Then blow on the conch shell 4 times to each corner of the Earth and kiss each tiki on each cheek. DO NOT forget wall Tiki: 1 and 1/4 cup of Tattoo is required, as well. Dipping Tiki charm in Tattoo is perfectly acceptable.

I gotta go. Need about 15 bottles of Tattoo. I'll bring the left overs, if any. I expect to see you all out purchasing your Tiki's favorite rum!!

babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 8:13 pm   Permalink

Tiki Oasis is less then a week away! Oh my!

This is our first time doing Tiki Oasis with 2 kids in tow... should be interesting! I personally want to send a special shout out to my fine husband Otto von Stroheim who loves Tiki so much that he spends all his extra time making sure events like Tiki Oasis actually happen. The Tiki News lifestyle has touched so many people and boy is it worth all the sacrifices to see an amazing event come together like this!

For those that don't know: Tiki Oasis is almost sold out!

Tickets:
At this time tickets are still available for Friday night but we suggest you buy those in advance!

If you have already purchased your ticket be sure to bring the print out of it to the show in order to get in. If you purchased a ticket and did not print it out you may order a copy to be sent to you by contacting ARES customer service and providing your order confirmation number and your address. Support: 800.828.0868
ares.support@aresdirect.com

If you have purchased tickets we strongly urge that you take advantage of the Tiki Oasis pre-registration on Friday between 1 pm and 3 pm in the lobby of the Hanalei hotel. There may be long lines at the events on both Friday and Saturday. By pre-registering you can avoid those lines.

Event:
Saturday night wear your best SAVAGE or SUAVE outfit and win a prize! Best dressed contest at 10pm. Prizes given for Suave (aka Sophisticated Savage), Savage (primitive), and best dressed couple. Prizes include (but are not limited to) two free tickets to Hukilau, Ft Lauderdale, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Mai Kai Oct 5-8, 2006, www.thehukilau.com

We encourage you to bring blankets and/or lawn chairs to the event on Saturday night as seating is limited.

Friday night at the Bali Hai we have added light appetizers/snacks for the first couple hours to temper that buzz from the potent grogs served seaside at the Bali Hai.

Vending:
Vending will be bigger and better than ever with more vendors and three different spaces to peruse. The vendors will be putting their best foot forward as there is also a contest for best dressed booth. The indoor/outdoor arrangement allows for food to be available at the vending area as well as onsite bathrooms!

Bountiful Booty:
Many vendors are creating special limited edition items just for Tiki Oasis. Crazy Al is creating a hanalei Tiki Oasis 6 necklace in an edition of 50 available only from him and only Sat from 11 am - 1 pm at the Entertainment booth. Not to be outdone Tiki News is also offering the following: limited edition silkscreened posters airlifted to the event from the UK and designed by Human Hole Productions (joypad@dircon.co.uk), Tiki Oasis glassware, and a limited edition Munktiki mug only available Sat night from 7-9 at the Tiki News booth in the pavilion.

So many people to thank for making sure Tiki Oasis happened once again.. here are a few: Tikiland, Casey Jones, Matt Reese, Mean Gene, Jim Giddings our stage manager, Kahuna Matteo Brown our volunteer coordinator, Eileen Baronowsky, Alan Parowski, Sven Koch/Trader Vic’s, Dan at Voodoo Rum, Shag & Piet, Surrey Books, Munktiki, Crazy Al, Steve Luchsinger of Ship’s Trader, Sven-Tiki, Kirk & Anna & the Hanalei staff, Larry & Grant at Bali Hai, Marc & Dar of Wheretours, Soundwizard Bob, Mary Shearer, all the volunteers and entertainment who give Tiki Oasis its life.

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 09:42 am   Permalink

For the first time in Oasis history, I will be missing the event. Unfortunately, part of me being a responsible adult (and we all know how much that sucks!) has me tending to some important business issues the week of the Oasis.

As many of you know, I usually make a two week trip out of the Oasis weekend and spend time in So. Cal. with many of the Tiki Ohana. I am hoping that I can get away in June or July and make the Safari west. To anyone reading this: Let me know of any Tiki (or other) events going on then.

Until later, I leave you with one of my favorite pictures:

Jeff Central, Tiki Bob and Otto

Balmy regards,

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 1:04 pm   Permalink

Dang Tiki Bob,

That sucks!! I'm sure I won't be the only one that is going to miss you this year!! I know you are doing the right thing though so good luck and we can only hope to see you again next year. Better than that, hopefully you can make either the Hot Rod Hula Hop 2 "Revenge of the Moai" here in Columbus on August 18th and 19th 2006 or at the Hukilau 2006 events this year!! You still rock Bob!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation