FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 6 in San Diego - Book Now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 6 in San Diego - Book Now!
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 1:21 pm   Permalink

Damn!

Looks like it's sold out for Saturday. Was planning on coming down but I guess I waited to long. Doh!

+++++++++++++++

computer error. see below

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2006-04-12 08:59 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 4:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-10 13:21, RevBambooBen wrote:
Damn!

Looks like it's sold out for Saturday. Was planning on coming down but I guess I waited to long. Doh!

I am assuming that you tried to just buy a day ticket?

Probably all the extra tickets that were allotted for "day passes" have been purchased. I was able to book us for Friday and Saturday night hotel stay plus the event passes for both nights, just now (4:15pm).

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 08:30 am   Permalink

Hey all...I actually sat down and read everything on the web site for Tiki Oasis. I too was wondering about the bus rides.... found this info:

"Weretours is running two trip on a double decker bus between Bali hai and Hanalei for bus reservations go to: Wheretours.com "

I e mailed them and will call them during business hours to see if there are any spots left. If not, I am thinking about getting another double decker bus reserved through them or Double-Decker-Buses.com IF there are many more needing rides. If not, the Mr and I will split a cab w/ a couple. Cuz there are no designated drivers in our family that weekend!! Heck, we'll make one of those rickshaw bicycle dudes take us there and back, if we gotta!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 4:29 pm   Permalink

So how many people are doin the Breakfast at the Hanalei on Sun Morning?

Is it advised to make reservations for that too?

Is there a non Champange brunch (not fond of Champange) that is Cheaper?

What time does the Brunch Start?
I'm thinking about maybe jamming up to Huntington Beach for 5 bands playing at the Pier at 11 am. But still not sure about that aspect.

How is the Breakfast there? Comparable to Dukes Resturaunt?
I had a $20 all you can eat Brunch there that was amazing!!

Thanks in advance for any responses and info.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-11 5:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-11 16:29, bigtikidude wrote:
So how many people are doin the Breakfast at the Hanalei on Sun Morning?

Is it advised to make reservations for that too?

Is there a non Champange brunch (not fond of Champange) that is Cheaper?

What time does the Brunch Start?
I'm thinking about maybe jamming up to Huntington Beach for 5 bands playing at the Pier at 11 am. But still not sure about that aspect.

How is the Breakfast there? Comparable to Dukes Resturaunt?
I had a $20 all you can eat Brunch there that was amazing!!

Thanks in advance for any responses and info.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff......It's champagne, but you don't have to drink it! I'll drink yours!!! AND the chocolate fountain makes up for it!!!! Bring your appetite!!!!!

And yes, with the big group that's going to be there you should make reservations...You can always cancel if plans change.....Right WooHoo????

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-04-11 17:19 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 08:58 am   Permalink

A ha!!!! ( damn computer errors!! Arrrr!!!)

email from Otto-

++++++++++++++++++

daytime stuff is free! c'mon down.
Don't expect to be able to eat in the Islands restaurant though cause
its booked until later on at night, maybe 7 pm

"the website booking engine was down over the weekend but is up now if
you want to get tix for Friday night or Sat?"

++++++++++++++

Otto von Stroheim

tikioasis.com

---------------

the Boo's will be roaming around on Sat./ Sat. eve.

Got to get our APE fix!!

Bring Bananas for Crazy Al !!! and the rest of the Apes!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
great kahuna

Posted: 2006-04-12 10:16 am   Permalink

Thought I would give everyone a heads up on the Bali Hai. Reservations for the time of 5:00 - 7:30 are all taken. Next available is 7:45 p.m.

View Profile of great kahuna Send a personal message to great kahuna  Email great kahuna Goto the website of great kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 10:57 am   Permalink

Here's the 411 I recvd from the bus dudes:

Aloha and thanks for your interest in the Shuttle to the Bali Hai on Friday May 5th. Here is the schedule for Friday the 5th. We encourage you to take our Open air Double Decker bus for several reasons:
-No worries concerning drinking and driving!

-Parking will be challenging on May 5th, due to a big name concert at Humpheys so you won't have to worry about where to leave your vehicle!

-Our bus will be filled exclusively with all Tiki Oasis people and our tour guides. Our guides will also be able to fill you in on other fun stuff in San Diego. The cost for a cab ride one way is $18 to $25. Our cost per person for the shuttle is $15 roundtrip, or $8 one way.

-If you do our special tour AND roundtrip shuttle, the cost $25 or $22 per person if purchased in advance.

Individual shuttle tickets purchased in advance are $6 one way or $12 roundtrip.

============================================================================================================

Please send checks, payable to:

WHERE YOU WANT TO BE TOURS, 255 G Street #716 San Diego Ca 92101 Reference May 5th shuttle and/or tour on your check! In order to receive the discounted prices, checks must be received by May 4th!

============================================================================================================

Here is the rundown for May 5th:

4PM- Special Tiki Tour on open air double decker bus. You can either get on at 4pm at the Hanalei or at 415pm at Tiki Land. The bus will arrive at the Bali Hai at 545 to 6pm. The Bali Hai marks the end of the tour!

Shuttle Schedule is as follows:

6PM-615pm Pick up at Hanalai Hotel Arrival at Bali Hai
630 - 645pm

7pm-715pm- Pick up at Hanalai
Arrival at Bali Hai 730 - 745pm

10pm Shuttle leaves Bali Hai for Hanalei

11pm Shuttle leaves Bali Hai for Hanalei

12am MIDNIGHT Shuttle leaves Bali Hai for Hanalei

1AM Shuttle leaves Bali Hai for Hanalei

SSSSWWWWWEEEEET!!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-13 5:43 pm   Permalink

Thank you for posting that info Hau 'oli tiki! That is great! I wasn't even thinkin' about why we need a shuttle - forgot that Friday's event is NOT on the hotel grounds. Again, thanks, you probably saved me and Lava Pants from getting blisters on our feet!

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-13 8:20 pm   Permalink

I placed some pictures from the hotel site on my carving thread, bottom of page 3. It's only outdoor shots of tiki stuff. Don't look if you don't want the surprise ruined...If you want any more shots of the restaurant, etc., let me know and I'll happen by there again.

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-13 9:02 pm   Permalink

The Islands Restaurant still has tables available for Sunday Brunch. I just called and made reservations for Soccer Tiki and I at 10:00am.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-14 2:18 pm   Permalink

Does anyone need a ride to Tiki Oasis from Los Angeles on Friday? My roomie pal is going on Thursday and I can't miss my Saints and Sinners DJ gig Thursday night. If you don't want to drive, you can come to Burbank, park in my driveway and I'll do the driving there and back! Or...maybe someone has room in their car for me??

Thanks!

Lee

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-14 2:27 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah...my direct email address is lee@dionysusrecords.com or you can call my office at 818-848-2698. Thanks!

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-15 07:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-14 14:18, DJLee wrote:
Does anyone need a ride to Tiki Oasis from Los Angeles on Friday?

If you need a ride from Los Angeles to San Diego, you might want to consider taking the Amtrak train. Here's a link to the schedule. Prices are pretty reasonable considering the cost of gas these days.

Amtrak

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-16 4:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-13 21:02, WooHooWahine wrote:
The Islands Restaurant still has tables available for Sunday Brunch. I just called and made reservations for Soccer Tiki and I at 10:00am.

Made brunch reservations yesterday for 12 noon (we're late risers). I know check-out time is noon, so we'll either pack up early and go to brunch or snivel & cajole for the ever popular "Late Checkout"

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation