FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » New England Kowloon Trip 3/25
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New England Kowloon Trip 3/25
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 08:49 am   Permalink

Just a formal posting on Primo's idea. So, Saturday, March 25th at Kowloon for Dinner. Like to see as many of the New England Ohana as possible!

6pm work for everyone?

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 4:28 pm   Permalink

Bridget and I are in.

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 5:59 pm   Permalink

Missy, myself, and Rain are in. Also a friend of ours, Kerri, might also come.

Looks like this one could be a pretty good turnout!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 6:22 pm   Permalink

it's on our schedule. so two from Vacationland.

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 6:26 pm   Permalink

1, 2 or 2 1/2 coming!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 8:21 pm   Permalink

Sweet!! Shaping up to be a good turnout for this one. Once again, Jess & I will prob do the day on rte 1, checking out all the weird stores & buildings that are slowly disappearing to make room for more strip malls & fast food joints.

If anyone else is in the area for lunch, you've GOT to check out KELLY's ROAST BEEF. Its a few miles north of the Kowloon on the southbound side. They supposedly invented the roast beef sandwich (and the sandwiches ARE excellent), but the real reason to go is for the decor.

The've got a HUGE aqaurium with some great tropical fish, and a ton of bizzare carnival memorabilia. Carousel Horses, posters, and the most evil clown head from a fun house (circa 1940's I think) that I've ever seen...

check it out...

Having that thing watching over you while you snarf down a sandwich is really a trip!!

Also, we're thinking about hitting the Bali Hai immediately before the Kowloon for some cocktails if anyone is interested.

See you all there!

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2006-03-01 20:22 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hulakowloony
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-07 10:55 am   Permalink

I wanna gooooo!! but alas, its a long drive from landlocked colorado!

View Profile of Hulakowloony Send a personal message to Hulakowloony  Email Hulakowloony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-07 11:58 am   Permalink

GAH i can't stand that thing at kelly's! SO creepy. but the sandwiches are awesome.

yeah, can't wait for the 25th! my wahine leila is in, too.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-08 6:49 pm   Permalink

That mask is pretty creepy. I'd order to go if I went there.

Yeah 2K miles would be a huge hike for Kowloon, Hulakowloony. Do you ever travel to New England?

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Lapu Lapu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-10 05:14 am   Permalink

I'd like to go and I may actually stop by on Friday night after the Waitiki show in Boston. Depends on how late the show goes and how late Kowloon stays open.. Either way, we'll be traveling back to Maine that night and will miss the Saturday rendezvous. Enjoy and have a Mai Tai for me..

Chief

View Profile of Chief Lapu Lapu Send a personal message to Chief Lapu Lapu  Goto the website of Chief Lapu Lapu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hulakowloony
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-10 5:19 pm   Permalink

i get back there once a year..im from the Boston area..lowell to be exact and most of my family is still there. They are supposed to be getting some new tiki mugs in their inventory. If they DO get some will someone going send me a Pm to let me know? i would appreciate it much!!!

View Profile of Hulakowloony Send a personal message to Hulakowloony  Email Hulakowloony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 5:14 pm   Permalink

Crap! Sorry I didn't post this a few days ago when I got my tickets to California which will necessitate the canceling of this most festive of events. Please forgive me and try to carry on without us. I know it will be tough. end of April until winter I'm up for anything.

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 8:54 pm   Permalink

Hey Primo - Enjoy CA and don't worry about missing the Kowloon. I'll just have to have two extra Mai Tais (one for you and the Chief). I'm sure we'll be back there again before the year is out. Hitting any tiki while in CA?

Hulakowloony I'll check in on the mug situation next Saturday. My collection has stalled lately so I'm hoping to pick something new up!

Bargoyle I don't think we'll be able to get to the Bali Hai:( You'll have to let me know what the drinks are like.

All - What time are we planning on for the 25th? Another 6PM meet time at the bar then table to follow?

Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-17 9:48 pm   Permalink

For all ya'll visiting from out of town this weekend (if any?), WAITIKI's big exotica/esquivel show is the night before, 3/24 in Boston! Perhaps if we're totally sober (or not) we will come by and enjoy a cocktail with you all! Regardless, why not have twice the entertainment (Read: grog) by coming out to see us!

http://www.waitiki.com for info.

Mr. Ho

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 03:41 am   Permalink

The only new Kowloon item I have seen so far:

More pictures in Tiki Finds thread but I thought I would add one here for you to see so that you all could be on the lookout.

The two bars seemed to be pretty low on mugs when I was there so Maybe there are going to be more new ones made by Kowloon Products soon?

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation