FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Kowloon Trip 3/25
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New England Kowloon Trip 3/25
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 08:09 am   Permalink

I am fine with a 6 PM bar time.

We are thinking of making the trip a two-fer and going to IKEA earlier in the day.

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 11:31 am   Permalink

Primo-Have a great time out west! I was looking forawrd to chillin with ya again, but we got plenty of time for a get together.

SB--set aside a few hours for Ikea...you cant help but get lost in the coolness of that place!

6pm at the Kowloon bar sounds perfect. Jess & I will be at the Bali Hai up the road around 5pm for pre-cocktail cocktails (I think that made sense?) The Bali Hai has a few cocktails that are better than Kowloon, but the food is sub-par, and the decor is fading fast.

If anyone wants to join us at the Bali Hai, stop on by! Sorry you cant make it to the pre-cocktails Johnman. If that changes, just stop in. We dont get out that way much outside baseball season, so we've gotta hit everything on rte 1 in one day!!

I'd also like to hit Waitiki on Friday night, but not sure if its do-able (prior plans that might not be able to be broken...we'll see)

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and meeting some more of the N.E. Ohana!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 12:15 pm   Permalink

Oh, I know IKEA better than anyone. When we moved to Maine, we made a trip to New Haven to stock our house. When we lived in Albany, we went to IKEAs in Philly, NJ, Long Island and Canada.

I'm a veteran.

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-23 07:08 am   Permalink

I think the Kowloon on a Saturday is a little crazy for Baby so I'll be going alone. BG--I'm going to hit the Bali Hai @ 5:00. Can you still get that white mug there? Let me know if you're not going.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-23 09:47 am   Permalink

There's a chance we might be able to do a drink at the Bali Hai too.
But don't expect us.

--SBiM

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-23 1:01 pm   Permalink

I'll be at the Bali Hai around 5pm (Maybe even a little before hand). If anyone wants to skip the ride up the road to the Hai (trust me, that place is harder to find than you'd think!), but wants the mug (The white one with Bali Hai written across it), I can buy a fist full of em and bring em to the Kowloon (only a $4 handling charge!! heh heh kidding)

So, anyway, yeah pappy, I'll be there, and I'm 99% sure they still have the signature mug. Stop on by! You too SB!

See everyone at the 'Loon.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 09:45 am   Permalink

Sorry to hear the baby isn't coming pappy. At least you'll be able to relax. I know I'll miss my kids but I'll get over it quickly.

The Bali Hai is tough to find even though you can see the place from the highway. I popped in there on the way to NH last year to pick up a couple of mugs. I assured my wife its right off the highway - a half hour later, after driving in all of the wrong directions, we finally made it. Next time I go I'll probably just drive through the fence off 95 and land right in the parking lot.

c-ya tomorrow night!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 09:59 am   Permalink

johnman--are you going to da Bali Hai?

Anybody have good directions there?

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 2:37 pm   Permalink

bad news. i'm not gonna make it. fire in house last night. lava lounge will have to be gutted, and alot of downstairs is smoke damaged. have to move out of house for next few weeks...unfit for living fire dept says. will write more when i have computer...on cel phn rt now. hoist one for me.
bg

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 3:05 pm   Permalink

bad news. i'm not gonna make it. fire in house last night. lava lounge will have to be gutted, and alot of downstairs is smoke damaged. have to move out of house for next few weeks...unfit for living fire dept says. will write more when i have computer...on cel phn rt now. hoist one for me.
bg

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 3:58 pm   Permalink

bg

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 3:59 pm   Permalink

bg

Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 4:59 pm   Permalink

Oh no! I hope everyone is all right.
Keep us up to date, BG.

--SBiM

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 5:30 pm   Permalink

bg

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 5:49 pm   Permalink

Aaaaaahh!! Bargoyle, let me know if you need anything. Count on me for construction/demolition too.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation