FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 08:09 am   Permalink

It seems that BigBenZart#5has been abused, mashed or in some way comprimized by FedEx shipping. We have been waiting for delivery confirmation since Feb 16 when it "Departed FedEx Location" and has not been seen since. No one at FedEx has bothered to call and when called said " a claim will have to be filed"
Does Anyone Know anyone who works in Fedex that could help???
We called our local FedEx and they were very Uncooperative and said we had to wait for a call from Pa. No one offers any info and all we get is" I don't know". It is all a bit strange and distressing.
The Tiki was Well packaged as anyone who has received a BigBenzart can attest. Any suggestions?
Here is what he looked like before. If anyone sees him around Pa. or Md. area, call the authority's.

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2006-02-24 16:41 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 11:07 am   Permalink

Oh, that's a shame. He's such a beautiful guy. I sure hope he shows up. Can we get his mug on a milk carton? Come to think of it, do they even make milk cartons anymore?

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 11:08 am   Permalink

...Or swiped by FedEx. I know that thing would never again see the light of day if it broke open on MY route!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 11:26 am   Permalink

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 11:56 am   Permalink

Ben,
That is terrible but don't give up hope yet. Greyhound finally showed up two days late with a big tiki I purchased. I was a nervous wreck at the thought of losing him plus the money I spent, so I feel for you.
Geoff

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 1:14 pm   Permalink

We have been waiting for delivery confirmation since Feb 16 when it "Departed FedEx Location" and has not been seen since.

I would second Geoff's post and counsel to wait a bit longer. One would be amazed at how the times coincide, i.e a sender/sendee's concern about non-delivery is raised and at that same time the parcel immediately appears. It's like a cosmic force, akin to karma but without the bitter aftertaste.

No one at FedEx has bothered to call

Bah hah ha hah!

Good luck, it will be a bummer if lost, but I would guess it arrives directly. Then again, they never found Lindbergh's baby, oh wait. I was thinking of Jimmy Hoffa's baby.

$20 on it arriving safe and sound by Thursday...takers?
midnite the greek

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 1:36 pm   Permalink

Actually the package is not lost! FedEx Said it was DAMAGED, and we are not allowed to see it or hear anything about it...

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 2:01 pm   Permalink

Oh, ok...well, forget everything I said. I'm easily confused. Your post started with "waiting for delivery confirmation" and that read like it was lost in the ether. Who communicated the report of damage to you? Someone along/within the carrier process? Not the addressee?

Get all the commercial documentation together and prepare for a lot more aggravation. Would need more info before I can say much else.

Bad news...indeed,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 2:57 pm   Permalink

I hope that Fedex is prepared to pay the karmic price. I sure wouldn't mess withsuch an awesome Tiki. Shrunken heads will roll!

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 4:12 pm   Permalink

The Final word from FedEx is the package was Totally destroyed and discarded. I don't know when they were going to call and tell anyone but it had to be pretty bad to have destroyed the package. I'm not sure I can comfortably ship any more BigBenzarts after this.

john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 4:20 pm   Permalink

you have to stay on fed ex to get any results, get names of everyone you talk to, and be prepared for them to affix some sort of blame on your packaging - im still trying to settle a claim for $100 from the summer
lots of luck
-john

View Profile of john Send a personal message to john  Email john Goto the website of john     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 4:24 pm   Permalink

What a shame, I feel bad for all parties involved here (including FedEx), as it sounds like they must have had a majorly big problem (maybe even other people's packages were damaged). What a shame that happened, as I know how much work Ben puts into his pieces and how happy people are to get them. So sorry to hear all that.

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 4:42 pm   Permalink

I gave up on Fed Ex, UPS and DHS a while ago. They are so damned pressed for time that everything gets abused and they consider the insurance pay offs a part of the business of getting things there fast. I only ship via the post office, as I know they tend to treat things more carefully. You used to could ship via the bus...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 4:47 pm   Permalink

If your packaging was stout, I'm skeptical it was a total loss. It would pretty much have to burn for that. OTOH, FedEx (and other's) have their accidents. This one happened Feb. 8th in Colorado.

Stay on 'em, Ben. There's got to be more to this story.

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 4:49 pm   Permalink

How can I find out what happened to the package?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation